Really?

Just A Phone Call Away

***Leeteuk’s POV***

 

"Hyung, we want to go home. Why do we have to stay?” Shindong asked in a whining voice.

“I don’t know. Joon-hyung just told me, that we have to stay after we’re done!”

“Hyung, we are really tired!” Hyukjae complained.

He looked pale.

“You shouldn’t have done the whole practice anyway. You’re still recovering, pabo,” I told him.

He was lying on the floor totally exhausted.

“Hyung, let me get you something to drink,” Kyuhyun said to Hyukjae.

Our maknae obviously felt bad for making Hyukjae attend practice.

Kyuhyun had made great improvements with the dancing, thanks to Hyukjae, but it definitely hadn’t been the best idea for Hyukjae.

Kyuhyun left for some drinks.

I looked around the dance studio.

Everyone was scattered out around the room.

Hankyung, Heechul, Kangin and Siwon were surfing on some gossip website with Hankyung’s laptop, obviously having a great time.

Kibum was reading some book on acting.

Ryeowook, Sungmin and Yesung were working on a song they were composing together.

Shindong was currently on the phone with someone.

Hyukjae and Donghae were lying on the ground next to each other, talking quietly.

“Yah, Teukie-ya, when are we allowed to go?” Heechul suddenly shouted and everyone turned their heads to me.

I shrugged.

“Don’t know. I will go and ask what’s going on!”

I left the studio to go and find the manager-hyungs.

I went to the information desk to ask Wendy, the receptionist, where I could find the managers.

“Anyeong, Oppa!” she greeted me with a smile.

“Anyeong, how are you today?” I asked smiling charmingly.

“We’re both great, Oppa,” she replied and patted her stomach lightly.

“Great!”

Wendy was 24 years old and married last year.

She was pregnant and around her 6th month.

“I’ll be on maternity leave in 2 months! I will be away for around eleven months,” she said.

“Aw, we will miss you then! You definitely have to come and visit us with the baby, if Sunmin-hyung is okay with it!” I said.

Wendy had married one of our managers and he took great care of her.

They were a very lovely couple.

“Oppa, I’m all red now. Stop charming me!”

I laughed.

“Wendy, I have a question.”

“Neh, Oppa, what is it?”

“Where can I find the managers? They all left us alone with the trainers today.”

“Oh, they are in the conference room on the fifth floor. There must be something important. They have been in there since this morning. I think there is a new girl. Must have something to do with her,” she said conspiringly.

I was wondering what this all was about.

Wendy leaned forwards.

“I could hear some of the managers talking about the girl when they were picking up the lunch boxes that were delivered at my desk. She is obviously giving them a headache. But Joon Oppa seemed to be really impressed by her.”

I furrowed my brows.

What was happening right now?

“Thanks Wendy, I will go to the fifth floor and see if I can find some information.”

She nodded and I left for the elevators.

When I arrived at the fifth floor I made my way to the conference room.

I jumped in surprise when the door opened right before I could reach out to knock.

“Lin-ah?” I asked astonished.

Lin closed the door behind her and then looked at me.

She looked tired but somehow happy.

She gave me a big smile.

“Leeteuk Oppa, why are you here? Has your practice ended already?”

I nodded.

“We finished an hour ago, but Joon-hyung told us to stay. I wanted to ask what all this is about, because the members are tired and want to go home. We all have practiced for 9 hours. We’re beat!”

She smiled.

“Ah, I see. Mianhae, but you had to stay because of me. The managers have to talk to you. I’m off now. I will prepare dinner for you. It will be ready when you return to your apartments, okay?”

I nodded and then she passed me to get on the elevators.

“Lin-ah?” I called after her.

She turned around.

“Neh?”

I gulped then I bowed before her.

“About this morning…MIANHAE!” I exclaimed.

She furrowed her brows then started to laugh.

“Don’t worry, Oppa, I already forgot about it.”

I was surprised.

I thought she would be mad at me.

“But I shouted at you!”

“Neh, but you obviously haven’t been your usual self. I gathered that you’re quite fond of sleeping, so you can get mean if someone disturbs you. So, it’s okay, don’t worry. I will see you at home.”

“Kamsa hamnida! Be careful on your way home!” I shouted after her as she already walked over to the elevators.

She turned to me and winked, before she entered the elevator.

I shook my head and smiled.

She was a nice girl.

Suddenly the door behind me opened and all the managers walked out of the room, looking exhausted.

I bowed before them.

“Ah, Leeteuk-shi, you’re here, great. Where are the members?” Joon-hyung asked, when he saw me.

It was strange, even though all the managers looked beat, every single one of them smiled at me with a happy smile.

“They are at the dance studio on the second floor,” I answered.

“Great, let’s go. I have to make some important announcements!”

I nodded and we made our way to the dance studio.

We walked inside the room and everyone turned their heads in our direction.

“Are we finally allowed to leave?” Hyukjae asked seemingly half asleep.

Joon-hyung shook his head.

“You will be able to leave as soon as you all have your new schedules in your hands and I explained some of the changes, alright?”

“Neh, Hyung. Let’s bring it on. I bet those schedules will be packed and tiring,” Heechul exclaimed.

Joon-hyung smiled and then handed each of us our individual schedules.

I took mine and looked over it.

The more I read the more I got confused.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Hyung…,” I started but was cut off by Donghae.

“I get to see my family once a month?” he whispered.

We all turned our heads and looked at him.

We all knew Donghae missed his family the most seeing as, apart from Heechul's and Kibum's, they lived the furthest away.

He seemed totally shocked.

I could see tears welling up in his eyes.

Hyukjae was patting his shoulders comfortingly.

“Hyung, are these really our schedules? I mean we’re about to release our fourth album and then there will be another concert tour. I don’t want to complain, but we seem to have a lot more free time than in the last two years,” I said.

Joon-hyung nodded.

“Neh, those are your schedules!”

“But, but, what happened to them?” Sungmin asked confused.

Joon-hyung grinned.

“Your new personal assistant happened to them. She studied your old ones and made us realize that you need much more time to yourselves to really give your best. She said, that most of you are working under too much pressure, so you all do the best you can, with having not enough sleep, travelling around, practicing, not spending time with your families or doing what you want to do. You won’t be able to do as good as you probably want to do without being happy and full of energy. It made sense, right? So we worked out a way to make you happy as good as we could,” Joon-hyung grinned.

We all looked at him in shock.

I could hear some of the members making some weird noises.

I looked around to see some of them having to fight with their tears.

“You know, your assistant, she’s a good one. She fought very hard for you guys!”

I remembered her coming out of the conference room looking tired but very happy.

I had to smile.

She was a really nice girl.

“So, as you can see, we arranged for your schedules to have some more free time for each of you. Each of you will have one weekend a month off to visit your parents. Donghae you will have off one day more, seeing as you have to travel so long. Kibum and Hankyung for you two it will be a bit different. You two will have a break for two weeks every four month to visit your family.”

We all looked at each other being totally baffled.

“Then there will be a free day each month for all of you on which you’re all supposed to do something together. Lin-ah said, she thought it will make your bond even stronger to have more time to play around together.”

“Hyung, that’s just…,” I started to say.

“Then each of you will have a day to yourselves each week to do whatever it is you want to.”

“But Hyung, I have my free day on one of the days I’m supposed to be on “Kiss the Radio”!” Hyukjae exclaimed.

“I do, too” I said.

Joon-hyung nodded.

“Yes, we balanced all of your appearances out more equally. So, each of you has to do the show with one of the other members, who will change, once a week.”

“But that means Teukie-hyung and I will do it together just three times a week,” Hyukjae said shocked.

Joon nodded.

“Yes, but it will help to make each member even more popular. The higher the popularity of each of your members the more it will heighten the popularity of the whole group. You will gather even more fans.”

I could see where he was coming from.

He was right.

“So you can see there will be some more appearances on shows for most of the members and some less for Leeteuk and Hyukjae. You all have to carry the weight together to help each of you out to have more spare time.”

“Hyung, there is the filming for a drama on my schedule. Didn’t you all say that I had to work on my singing this year instead of filming?” Kibum said astonished.

Joon smiled.

“Another one of Lin’s ideas. She said that you seemed to like acting a lot and forbidding you to act this year won’t make you happy and will drive you away. It’s a small role so you can work on the weekends the other members will visit their parents.”

Kibum looked happy, but a bit embarrassed about what the manager said about him.

“Hyung, don’t know if I read right, but is it saying here that a mini-album of Super Junior KRY will be released this year?” Yesung said, studying his schedule.

“Chincha?” Kyuhyun exclaimed and started to roam through his schedule like crazy.

“You saw right, Yesung-shi. We’re already looking for some composers for you guys’ songs. You’re the lead vocals so we should invest more time into promoting your singing abilities,” Joon explained.

“What, wait, I’m going to be in a drama?” Kyuhyun suddenly shouted.

“Yes, there has been some offer and in Lin’s opinion you should take that opportunity to try out something new. Obviously there had been a lot of fans who would like to see you in a drama, after your “Mini Drama” show.”

Each of us studied our schedules in silence for around fifteen minutes.

A smile spread on my lips the more I read.

Those schedules were great.

Somehow the managers did it.

They found a way to give us some more private life, but still have as much appearances as before.

They just balanced it out between all the members.

Honestly I liked being on shows a lot, but it would also be great to finally get back a little bit of a private life.

And it was great to finally give each of the members the chance to broadcast themselves even more, making them more popular.

“Okay, you guys. I’m off. If there are any questions, just feel free to give one of the managers a call,” Joon-hyung said and left the room.

We all sat there in silence after he left.

After another five minutes Ryeowook whispered, “Hyung, is that a good thing or a bad one? I mean we practically stole your and Hyukjae’s places on “Star King” and even some on “Kiss the Radio”.”

I looked at Hyukjae, who gave me a funny look, then we both started laughing.

“Great, we finally have some more time for ourselves!” Hyukjae exclaimed.

“More sleep,” I sighed happily.

“We finally get to make more fun of each of you guys, too,” Hyukjae said smirking.

“So, you don’t mind?” Sungmin asked.

I shook my head.

“Honestly, we don’t mind. Hyuk-ah and I already talked about having a conversation with the managers to ask if there is a way to share some of our duties. It’s tiring to be everywhere. So you guys finally can have your fair share. I think it’s great!”

Suddenly Donghae jumped up and started to jump around like a bunny.

“I GET TO SEE MY FAMILY EVERY MONTH!” he shouted happily.

We all had to laugh.

Then Hyukjae, despite being all tired, jumped up, too and was dancing around with Donghae.

“We get to spend a day together just playing around. THAT’S GREAT!” he exclaimed.

Suddenly everyone was jumping around, shouting things they are happy about, laughing like mad.

I still sat on the floor.

I couldn’t help myself, but the tears started to run down my face.

I was so happy.

Finally there was some pressure taken from our shoulders.

The members were happier than ever.

I haven’t seen them jumping around and being stupid all together for a long time.

“Hyung, what’s up? Aren’t you happy?” Siwon came over, asking me concerned.

I shook my head.

“I’m totally happy!”

I walked over to the others and jumped around with them.

“That Flower really is something,” Kangin said sounding proud.

“I really like that Kitty. She has fire,” Heechul answered.

“Noona seems to know us a lot even though she just met us,” Ryeowook said.

Hyukjae started giggling at something.

“She even saw right through Kibum! She must have some supernatural powers,” Shindong joked.

“I have another theory on her,” Hyukjae said laughing.

Donghae poked him in the side.

“What is it?”

Hyukjae shook his head.

“I’m not going to tell you. I have to confirm for myself first!”

I shook my head at them all.

“Let’s do something for her, to thank her!” Donghae suddenly exclaimed.

We all looked at him in surprise.

Donghae wanted to do something for a girl, who is working with all of us.

“Hyung, are you ill?” Kyuhyun asked laying his hand on Donghae’s forehead.

Donghae slapped his hand away.

“I’m alright. It was just an idea,” he said embarrassed.

I nodded.

“A great one, too!”

“I still think he is ill,” Kyuhyun stated.

We all started to laugh.

That was a really happy moment I will always remember.