Help Me Forget

One Shot at Love ---(HIATUS)---

It was early morning and everyone was quiet eating their breakfast. B.A.P was down stairs while SECRET members were still getting ready upstairs.

"So..." Himchan started while putting a fork full of pancake into his mouth.

Everyone began listening as they raised their heads up slightly.

"...hyung how was the dinner?" he asked looking at Yongguk. Yongguk sat staring at his plate then resumed by eating his share of food.

"okay" he then took  a quick glance in Daehyun's direction, almost as if he was trying to figure out his reaction.

But surprisingly he showed no emotion. He's hiding it well, Yongguk thought sighing.

"What did you guys do all night?" Himchan asked turning towards Youngjae and Daehyun.

"...we just stayed home and watched a movie" Youngjae replied.

Daehyun stayed silent continuing to play with his food.

"Eh? Jung Daehyun are you feeling okay?" Himchan began leaning over to see his plate.

"I should say hyung, you haven't touched your breakfast. We know you always have an appetite" Zelo said messily searching for an answer.

"...it's nothing really..." was the first thing that popped out of his mouth.

"Liar" Youngjae said under his breath. He knew exactly why Daehyun wasn't eating.

"Anyways..." Himchan said looking across the table. "Jonguppie! What did you and maknae do?"

Jongup was silent for a while also as he was caught staring at the basement door.

"Nothing"

"Do you even know what's going on?" Himchan asked raising an eyebrow.

"Does he ever know what's going on?" Youngjae asked.

"True..."

"Wassup wassup tell me tell me wassup" Zelo sang childishly.

"I do know" Jongup only said clarifying his words.

"What then? You aren't feeling well either? Aigoo is there a flu going around?"

"Calm down umma-chan, Jongup's alright...he is sick though...love sick~" Zelo teased.

"Eh? What do you mean?" Himchan asked raising an eyebrow.

Yongguk chuckled to himself.

"Well you see-" Zelo began as the door suddenly swung open. They all turned to see the short girl walk in.

"Good-morning" she bowed politely noticing she had walked into their conversation.

"Did you sleep well Mei-Ji?" Himchan asked as the great mother he was.

"Neh, I did" she smiled searching the faces on the table. She then walked into the kitchen apologizing for interrupting.

"There is bacon and eggs on the stove" Youngjae yelled.

"Thank you" she yelled back. They could hear the sounds of dishes raddling from the sink and utensils clacking together.

They all turned to one another.

"So as I was saying..." Zelo smirked.

"YA!" Jongup spoke up then covering his mouth of embarrassment.

"What were you going to say about Jongup being in lo-" Himchan asked.

"YA!" Jongup said once again.

Mei-Ji returned from the kitchen holding a glass of orange juice and the plate full of breakfast.

"You should really drink milk" Zelo said observing her choice of beverage.

She looked at the glass then back at Zelo. "Hmmm...maybe I should since your a giant" she laughed.

She then apologized once again for interrupting and went back down into the basement.

Everyone immediately turned smirking at Jongup.

"Oooooohhhhhh~" they all sang in unison.

"Shut up" he mumbled under his embarassment.

"That's all the information I need to understand" Himchan teased while getting up to put away his dishes.

"I'm done" Youngjae said getting up.

"Me too" Jongup said still red from embarrassment.

"I'll help hyung wash dishes" Zelo called out following the others.

It was then silent in the living room as Yonnguk stared at Daehyun.

"Hey" he called out softly. Daehyun looked up slightly holding the distant stare in between.

"Yes?"

"What's on your mind?" Yongguk asked.

Daehyun gave a shrug while poking multiple holes into the pancake.

"Be honest...does it have to do with Ji eun?" he asked holding back his words a bit.

Daehyun stopped jabbing at the food then placed his fork down.

"...Neh" he nodded. Yongguks soft expression turned fearful, and then solemn.

"I see" he replied wanting to escape this awkward atmosphere. He grabbed his plate as he signaled that he was leaving the table.

"But hyung..." Daehyun began again. "I'm going to let you win this time" he said keeping a straight face.

"Eh?" he asked widening his eyes.

"Ji eun is someone I've cared for for my entire life. She changed me. She made me better...but now I come to realize that I can't have her to myself forever ...telling me what's best..."

"...is that how you truly feel?" Yongguk asked trying to find his words.

There was an immediate pause. "Yes"

"I...trust you" Yongguk swallowed then left the room without a word. Daehyun watched as he exited while he clenched his fist tightly.

 

There was a sudden knock at the door as Daehyun answered waiting, wanting, hoping it wouldn't be the person he didn't want to see.

"oh...Sunhwa noona. What brings you here?" he asked trying to hide his depression.

"Youngjae wanted me to return these CDs he borrowed from you" she said smiling while handing it to him.

Daehyun observed the stack as he remembered he lent them to Youngjae a year ago.

"Thanks..." he said turning to his desk placing them down. Sunhwa stood awkwardly in the doorway.

"So...um...Daehyun...I know I've kinda been a nuisance towards you these past days...but I wanted to know if you wanted to go to the supermarket with me?" she said playing with her fingers.

He stopped what he was doing then looked back at her. "I mean, it's not gonna be a date or anything, I mean...Himchan wanted me to go and pick up some food-"

"I'll go" he interrupted giving a smile.

"Really?" she asked with widened eyes.

"Neh...It would be better if I had some time outside of this warehouse...just give me a while I gotta do something" he said. She nodded and kindly stepped out the door. 

"I'll be waiting down stairs" she nodded.

"Neh~" he said. When he heard the door close behind her he turned and faced the mirror.

"I'm done waiting, wanting, and hoping..." he whispered, then he reached into a drawer pulling out a box and stormed off down the hallway. The door he came upon was none other than Song Ji euns. Except there was no reply. He tried again. Nothing. Opening the door slowly he noticed she wasn't there. Slowly he slipped in hoping she wouldn't come in at the same time.

Holding the box in his right hand he searched the room for a place to put it...

The bed? No that would be too obvious...

The drawer? No too obvious...

The...his eyes caught sight below at the bed. "That's it" he said kneeling down under the bed.

He couldn't see a thing for it was black and dark.

"Um..." he hesitated then tried to find a space for the box. But the underneath was extremely dusty which caused him to sneeze loudly.

"Aish what is this crap?" he asked pulling a box out. It was covered with dust, light dust that it. When he opened it slowly the first thing he saw was a picture of a wealthy looking business man.

"This must be Ji eun's father. President Song who died not so long ago" he recalled feeling sadness.

He dug more into the box pulling out his journal...flipping through the pages he saw the handwritten letters her father had written to her.

"Ji eun... I didn't know" he thought putting the journal back.

"How could I have been so naive and stupid?" then he read the section of the letter where her father wrote about him...

"He wanted her to marry me?" His eyes drifted away for a second...

"Don't worry I'll be out in a moment" Ji eun could be heard from outside. "I just gotta get something from my room"

"!" Daehyun whispered while flipping the box shut and stashing it under the bed. Quickly he searched for a place to hide. The bed was to small...not the closet...man Ji eun was such a clean girl she has no where to hide! He thought.

The door knob giggled lightly and he was nearly going to pull out his hair.

Ji eun walked in shortly looking around the empty room. She hurried towards her closet and grabbed her handbag before running outside the door. When her foot steps could be heard going down the stairs Daehyun sighed heavily. He was standing on the outside of her bedroom window.

"That was so close" he panted. From his position he could see the road and see Ji eun was in the car with Himchan and Yongguk. Where were they off to? he thought.

"All I know is Ji euns father doesn't want Ji eun to get hurt...am I really the only one who can protect her? Maybe it's some sign that I should follow...

 

Daehyun went out with Sunhwa for the day as he promised and they seemed to have a great time. Though he didn't consider it as a date, she still grew happy getting the chance to spend time with him.

"What did hyung want us to get?" he asked looking at her.

"Um..." she hesitated slightly almost getting caught staring right back at him. Reaching into her purse she pulled out a long list.

"He gave this list" she said reading off certain ingredients one by one. "Let's see...tomatoes for Zelo...Cheesecake for you I'm guessing...some vitamins...some eggplants, carrots, strawberry milk, lettuce, meat, corn, canned fruit..."

"Seems like an odd bunch" he laughed.

"Neh. What is that guy think he's making?" she agreed.

"By the way...where is Himchan hyung?" he brought up thinking about when he spotted him driving.

She was distracted while holding two eggplants debating which one was more purple.

"Huh? Oh Himchan?" she asked. Daehyun nodded.

"He said he was going down to the palace place where Ji eun's wedding was going to be. He was going to show his last few touches on the decorations, flowers arrangements, etc"

"Oh well okay."

"I assume he also wants to make a cake for the ceremony" she added on. Sunhwa had noticed how upset he looked at the name of Ji eun.

"Daehyun-ah can I ask you a question?" she asked putting down the eggplants.

"Sure. What's on your mind?"

"...do you not want Ji eun to marry Yongguk?" she asked slightly edging her words. Daehyun stopped what he was doing and looked back at her.

"Does Ji eun not want to see me?" he asked. She tried to move her lips and answer the simple question. If she lied and told him yes, then he would hurt and would give up on her. Maybe even turn his heart over somewhere new. But if she told him no, then he would continue to fight a futile battle.

"For your safety Daehyun, I suggest you don't become involved with Ji eun unnie after the wedding" she concluded. He nodded, understanding full well that he couldn't be with Ji eun if he wanted to or not.

 

"You seem to be busy..." Mei-Ji said appearing on the roof. She noticed he was fixing a mechanical box of some sort.

"This?" he asked holding it up, showing his rabbit like teeth.

"Neh. Shouldn't you be getting ready for Ji eun unnies wedding?"

"I have my suit picked out from Yongguk hyung, and Himchan is working on the wedding cake with Youngjae..." he said still concentrating on the box. Her eyes wandered towards the garden warehouse behind their home. She scanned high and low over it to see the city. He noticed she was watching it in its direction.

"This box is actually for the garden"

"Really? I haven't seen you go in there since..." she silenced her words, trying not to bring up the moment when they were alone in the warehouse. He smirked, clearly remembering.

"Wanna go in there again then? I can sneak in again" he suggested just finishing fixing the object.

"Yeah" she smiled. The two entered the warehouse, she scanned the old warehouse she had last walked into.

"It's cleaner" she spoke out loud. He laughed to himself. "I cleaned it up after you came the first time"

"Why?" she asked laughing.

"Because I was embarrassed. I didn't want a girl to see what a mess this place was. It's not impressive to most"

"Ya. That's kind of you" she smiled punching his arm.

 

"Sleep well" Yongguk said before kissing her forehead goodnight. Tomorrow would be the big day...their wedding.

"I'm looking forward to it" she whispered smiling.

 

"This cake is going to look amazing" Himchan smiled observing every bit of the cake. Youngjae stood back to watch their piece of work proudly.

"You did a fine job Youngjae, just get some rest for the big day tomorrow" he said giving Youngjae a pat on the back.

"Alright. I trust you to finish boxing it hyung" he said leaving the rest to the dark haired male.

Himchan nodded waving to his dongsaeng. Suddenly he heard the sound of the garage opening.

"What?" Hyosung asked walking in to see him. He watched her furrow her eyebrows looking the most irritated.

"Why did you come from the garage?" he asked.

"Why did you stop packing that cake?" she asked letting go of the door handle.

"I asked you first. You shouldn't be in there"

"I was helping Hana outside. She was fixing some electronic mics we found in your attic" she whispered.

"Oh" he said as she stomped up the stairs.

"Wait! Hyosung come back" his words became more softer. She stopped along the stairs and closed her eyes, walking back down.

"What? Gonna yell at me again?" she asked.

"What are you talking about? Where is all this anger coming from?" he asked.

"None of your business. It seems as if you treat me badly now as a noona. The one thing I ask from you is to be a little bit more nicer when our unnies and your hyung gets married"

She went back upstairs as Himchan sighed. He couldn't understand why she was acting so cold to him all of a sudden.

 

A/N: Next episode will be planned to be the last episode :( It took a while to do but I shall finish this story *cries* gahh~