Down by the Sea

One Shot at Love ---(HIATUS)---

a6799ad4b39711e28a7322000a1fa414_6.jpgBang-Yong-guk.jpg90f5303ac0606cffLee+Hi%2527s+smiling+face.jpg

 

The day was bright and shining as the city reflected against the ocean.

"So where are we supposed to look?" Ji eun asked as she walked along the side walk.

"Were supposed to find tracks of when the men left the hotel" Yonnguk answered.

"I don't think they would have fled yet. Knowing the Northerners, they wouldn't dare leave without the codes to their plan" Mei Ji said with a cold stare.

"Seems like you know a lot about them" Jongup replied.

She glanced at him, he was smiling so brightly again. She didn't understand how cheerful he could be.

"Of course" she then answered continuing to walk.

"Mei Ji" Yongguk asked as she stopped in her trails.

"What"

"The other day...we were investigating the Northerners reports on the plan. They mentioned that you were skilled at the creation of Iris Petals. Is it true?" Yongguks words will slick and there was dead silience between them.

"Yes. Its all true. But I won't make them for you" she noted. Yongguk shoke his head. "No its not like that. We want to prevent them from recieving Iris Petals"

"Well, in that case...theres nothing to worry about. You see i'm one of the only Iris Petal sellers in the world. There couldn't possibly be anyone else who could make another for them" she said swiftly.

"Hm. Seems safe" Jongup said.

"Well then that mean that your also something the Northerners want. So they will be searching for you" Yongguk responded turning a head. "Which means that we should check back at the hotel room to see if they left a trail from then on" he pointed in the direction of the tall Nepel Hotel.

"It would be such a good day to go to the beach though" Jongup said to himself as they passed the shore.

"It would wouldn't it" Ji eun spoke up.

"Please we have a mission to do guys, we can't be destracted by the unnessasary things" Yongguk said with a deep tone.

"Please? Please Yongguk" Ji eun pouted. Yongguk gulped, he couldn't say no to the girl with glistning eyes and a beautiful smile.

"Fine. Just for a while you know. I'm sure Youngjae wants us back soon" Yongguk said scratching his head. Then the thought came to him. If they had stayed out longer then Ji eun wouldn't be able to get close to Daehyun. So he smiled and resumed.

"Okay lets go down just this once" Yongguk said leading them down. Before he could even try Ji eun sprinted passed him and jumped into the sand.

"AH This beach is even better then the ones in Busan!" Ji eun shouted sticking her feet filmly into the sand.

Mei Ji was unconfortable walking down the hill of sand she didn't enjoy the hot sun, sand getting stuck to her, or the feeling of sweat sticking to her hair.

Slowly she creped down the slope, just then a hand reached out to her. She looked up at the figure. Jongup gave out his hand to help her but she shook it off.

"I got it" she said walking down defensefully.

Ji eun and Yongguk was watching the ocean down by the shore while Jongup took Mei Ji to a cooler spot. They stood underneath the shade and talked.

"It's so hot hear" she pouted.

"I'm sorry, did you not want to rest at the beach in the first place?" Jongup answered with concern.

She shook her head, "No its not that, its just...I've never been to the beach before" she answered shyly.

"Really?"

"yes. And I guess i'm not used to this..beach stuff" she said sheltering her face.

"Ah..its okay. I havn't been to the beach in a long time. In fact I think the last time I came to a beach was when Daehyun had a party celebrating his graduation in Busan" he chuckled.

She was still, she didn't say very much. She didn't laugh either.

Jongup smiled and put his hands above his head singing and acting like a ahjushi. She put her head down in her hands and began shaking.

"Is something wrong?" he asked watching her pale face turn red.

"Ah no its nothing" she said shaking her head. He smiled when he noticed she was laughing.

"You don't have to hide you smile behind serious. You can laugh with me" he said.

She gave a look then a smile slowly inched up her face.

"Okay"

 

"The water is so beautiful" Ji eun said out loud as she placed her hands behind her head and smiled under the sun.

Yongguk glanced at her for a quick second. He didn't know what to say. She was soon to be his bride in another month or so and he couldn't even talk to her.

Finally his lip trembled. "Ji eun" he spoke clearly and cooly. She paused and turned to him smiling. "Yeah?"

Her face was lit up with happiness and over joy.

"Do you like spending time with me?" he asked so boldly. Ji euns smile turned to a frown.

"Why would you ask something like that? Of course I like spending time with you" she said.

"Oh-of course but...its just. How come we never speak the conversations we used to when we were at the academy?" he said.

Ji eun turned away watching the ocean again.

"You know. I get that question a lot...'Ji eun how come we can't talk as much as we did before', 'Ji eun how come we don't hang out like before', ,Ji eun how come you don't tell me you love me anymore'...." she paused in her last word.

Yongguk looked at her intensly as well.

"I'm sorry" she apologized. "I've been through a lot" she finished.

"-Eh...I know. But Ji eun, I want you to know that you  can forget about all the past and problems you had. When were together I'll help you forget about all your troubles" he said watching her.

"I know you will" she said to herself. "I believe...Yongguk I know how much-" she turned to face him but before she could he placed his arms around her hugging her smaller body. She blinked in suprise and stayed still against his shoulder.

"-you know how much I love you" he said ending his words. The beach never felt as warm as his love, she thought.

 

Authors Note: This isn't the end of this! Let me know your thought so far in the comments and tell me what you wish could happen!