Staring DEATH In the face

One Shot at Love ---(HIATUS)---

The car ride was fast paced as the car jutted side to side. Ji eun was almost half falling asleep. She was up all night thinking about Daehyun. Why was he acting this way? Why was he acting so nice to her. She knew that he liked her, but she worried so much for him.

Zinger swiveled as she drove the car, bumping onto the pot holes. Ji eun jumped almost out of her seat and flew foward.

"Ah-" she said covering her head with her hands. Instantly she felt two hands grabbing her waist then gently putting her down in her seat.

She looked over at the gummy smiling man.

"Ah- chincha. Thank you" she said turning her eyes foward again.

"You're spacing out again Ji eun" Yongguk said looking at her.

"No I'm not" she shook her head.

"..." he was quiet for a moment.

"Ji-" he began.

"Okay Yongguk were almost there. Where do you want us to turn?" Zinger interupted his words. He looked at Ji eun then looked at the road again.

"Turn here" he directed pointing the a under ground parking lot.

"Right" she said turning.

"Himchan" Yongguk asked through the microphone.

 

"Aish- you leader, don't you know how dangerous it is answering while driving" Hyosung answered.

"Noona, please talk to Himchan" Yongguk ordered almost face palming himself.

"Alrightie" she said. "Yo! Bastard, your leader is trying to talk to you" she said smirking.

"Aish- you damn women. Tell Yongguk that they should be down in the parking lot. Sunhwas presense is there" he said.

Hyosung passed on the message a long to Yongguk.

"Himchan. Be prepared. As what we can tell, they have atlest 6 men with them and armed" Yongguk said as they entered the garage.

"Don't worry hyung, were prepared" Zelo said in the back seat.

"Aish..." said. "Okay lets kick !" he yelled.

 

The vans pulled up at the end of the garage. Yongguk could see the other vans on the other side.

"thats them" he said. "Everyone stay in the van. Me and Hyosung will go out there" he said.

"Wae? Chincha?! Why me!" she shouted into the walkie talkie.

"I'm the leader and so are you. Plus were saving YOUR member" he said.

"Aish-" she complained as she opened the door. Suddently an arm pulled the door back closed. She looked to the side where the arm was from.

"Himchan? What are you doing, I gotta go" she said.

"Stay here. I'm going out instead" he said.

"You're not the hero you know! This is my mission to succeed not yours" she said.

"Ah hyung shes right" Jongup said.

"-no! Jongup, let him go. He knows what he's doing" Daehyun said in the back of the van. He was crossing his arms.

Jongup gulped and sat back down. It was the first word Daehyun had said through the whole ride there.

"Himchan. I'm not gonna let you beat me out of my own game!" Hyosung said sternly.

"Pabo! Can't you see? I don't want you getting hurt!" he shouted. She stopped and stared at him. Then he looked back at the van and opened the door.

Hyosung was speechless, tears began falling under her eyes.

"Noona are you okay?" Jongup asked looking at her.

"Pabo...pabo" she cried and whispered at the same time.

'The things that love will do...' Daehyun thought.

 

Yongguk was standing outside the car as Himchan approuched him.

"Ya" Yongguk said across the way as four other men was on the other side.

"Where's the girl" Himchan added.

One of the men looked back at the leader. They all started walking toward them.

"You, men are well at what you do" the leader said in Korean.

"Yes, what do you want with the women" Yongguk asked.

"Simple. A hostage. You know what we really want" the leader said staring at the van.

"You looking for this?" Himchan asked holding up the device.

The leader was speechless then looked at his men. They nodded.

"We'll make a deal offer..." he started.

"I'm listening" Yongguk said playing the cool card.

"...We'll return the girl. If you give us the Iris Petals back" he said.

"Whats the catch" Yongguk said.

"What catch? You want the girl back, and we want the Iris Petals" he said simply.

Yongguk looked back at Himchan and Himchan nodded.

"Show us the girl" Himchan commanded.

The leader looked back at the men and ordered them to retrieve Sunhwa.

"get her"

The men came back with the tied up Sunhwa. A cloth was in between her clentched teeth and her hands and feet were tied.

There was a mark across her face, a bruise.

"What did you do to her" Yongguk said softly.

The leader smirked. "We only asked her to give us the information we need. She played stupid, and for that we may have hit her a bit" he said.

"Bastard" Himchan said walking forward.

He then felt a hand grab his jacket as he was pulled back. He turned and saw Hyosung by his side.

"Idiot I told you to stay in the car" he ordered.

"I don't give a crap. You're gonna get yourself killed. We only want the girl, don't start something" Hyosung said watching the leader.

"Smart young lady. See, she knows what we want. She's pretty smart" he said cooly.

"Okay enough, will give you the device. Hand her over" Yongguk commaded.

"Fine" give us the Iris Petals first.

"You kidding? We aren't giving you a thing until you hand us the lady" Himchan said.

"Shh- give it. I trust these men will play fair" Yongguk said.

"But hyung-"

"I'm your leader. And I order you to give it to them" he said.

Himchan looked to Hyosung. She nodded painfully.

Himchan then took the device from his pocket and handed it to the men.

The leader took it and examined it. "Thanks-"

"To bad we tricked you" he smirked.

"What!" Himchan said clenching his teeth.

"Were gonna just keep this girl" he smirked as the men retreated to the van.

"Get em" Yongguk ordered.

Suddently everyone from the van came out pulling out there weapons and began firing.

"Ya I told you they'd lie" Himchan said pulling out his gun. He began firing at the tires. They all popped so the vans couldn't move.

The leader soon ordered his men to fire as well.

Hyosung ran out and started shooting fiercly. Then she striked hard and began punching the men. Using her skilled martial arts techniques she slipped behind the men and ran to the leader.

"Give back my unnie!" she shouted. "GAH!" she shouted as she felt a biting pain come down her waist.

She fell to the floor.

"Hyosung!" Himchan shouted as he watched her collasp to the floor.

Zelo and Jongup began jumping into action as well firing there guns and throwing smoke bombs onto the floors.

The haze of gas filled the room, everywhere was gas.

Zinger, Daehyun, Ji eun, and Youngjae were in the van waiting for the right time to attack or prepare for a get away.

"It seems like Zelo threw out the smoke bombs" Zinger said watching the cameras from the outside of the van go misted of gas.

"Hey- wheres that girl?" Youngjae asked searching.

"Mei Ji? She was right here a second ago" Ji eun said turning behind her.

 

"Hyosung! Hyosung!" Himchan called through the gas. He couldn't see anything in front of him.

"Himchan" a weak reply said. He followed the sound of the female and came to see her lying on the floor.

"Hyo-" he paused and noticed there was blood seaping through her shirt.

"What" he started.

"Don't worry, I'm okay she said.

"No your not. Hyosung we need to get you out of here right away" he said searching around. He picked her up and was about to carry her.

"Himchan wait" she said.

"What"

"Back there, you said you didn't want me to get hurt" she whispered.

"yeah I-"

"Watch out!" she shouted as a man behing Himchan had a bat.

"Eh?" he turned to see the bat slowly approuching his face.

Just then a gun fire was sounded and Himchan froze as he witnessed the figure fall to the floor. Daehyun smirked holding his gun by his side.

"Always watching your back hyung" Daehyun said.

"Thanks. Hurry and cover me. We need to get her out of here. Hyosungs hurt" he told Daehyun.

"Okay hurry. The gas is going to ware off soon" he warned.

 

Soon the smoke did clear as Daehyun had mentioned and now they could see who their enemies were.

All the leaders mens had fallen to the floor. The leader stood holding Sunhwa with a gun pointed to her head.

"Aish" Yongguk said painfully as he saw the womens eyes in fear.

"Help" Sunhwa mouthed.

Yongguk looked around. Jongup and Zelo were also on the floor probably beat from fighting the men. Hyosung was gone and so was Himchan. It was only him, the leader and the hostage in near death.

"What are you going to do now hot shot?" the leader smirked.

"Your friends are all finished. You have nobody to protect you now" he said.

Yongguk stayed silent.

"Now I want you to walk back to your car, and drive away you got that? I won't harm the girl or anything. Just walk away right now" he commanded.

Yongguk pulled out his gun.

"Try me. If you shoot, I'll shoot immidiantly" the leader ordered.

 

"Hyosung you're gonna be fine" Himchan said squeezing her hand. Youngjae was slowly pulling out the bullet on her side.

"Ah!-" she screamed in agony. Her pain could be felt from everyone in the van.

"it's okay, its out" Youngjae said as he placed the bullet on the side. He took out a needle and injected it into her skin.

"This is a shot so you wont feel the stitching" he told Hyosung.

He wiped up the blood and started stiching.

"Wait the smokes clearing up" Zinger said looking back at the monitor.

"Ah- Yongguk, he's out on his own" Ji eun said worried holding her hands clasped together.

"What is he going to do" Daehyun said.

"We need to help him now" Himchan said almost sliding the door open.

"No! Right now. If anyone interferes. Sunhwa is as good as dead" Zinger said watching the monitors carefully.

"Ah! Wait, isn't that-" Ji eun said watching the figure appear in the view of the monitors.

 

A sound of healed shoes echoed on the pavement. The leader focused his attention on the figure.

"Mei Ji?" he said.

She didn't answer but pulled her gun facing Yongguk.

"What" Yongguk thought to himself.

"Good girl Mei Ji, I knew you were still on our side" the leader smirked.

Jongup woke from the faint he had early. One of the men knocked him out a while ago. He was phased and delerious for a moment but came too.

In front of him he saw four figures. Looking closely at one of them he realized who it was.

"Mei Ji?!" he said standing up. She only looked at him.

"Stay out of this Jongup" she said still eyes on Yongguk.

"Don't move. Or someones gonna get hurt" she said.

"I-I-I trusted you. You lied to me Mei Ji" he said pulling out his gun. Pointing it to her. She grew wide eyes.

"You dare shoot Yongguk hyung, I'll shoot you myself" he said.

"Go on Mei Ji, shoot em, so what" the leader said.

"You cold hearted man, How could you say that after all she's done for you. Have you no mercy?" Jongup said pissed.

"Jongup, stay out of this. I want you to retreat to the van now" Yongguk ordered.

"I'm sorry hyung, for once i'm gonna go against your orders. I can't let you go alone" he said.

This was a Jongup we hadn't seen before. A different Moon Jongup.

"Fine. So be it" the leader said. "Mei Ji - get rid of these pest" the leader said cocky like.

"yes master" she said. Turning to face Yongguk she heald her gun firmly and turned pulling the trigger in the direction of her leader.

"Ah" he said in pain as he fell to the floor letting Sunhwa go.

Sunhwa ran over to Yongguk and Jongup on the otherside watching the leader desperately crawl for his gun across the floor from him.

As he neared the gun he paused as a heal landed on the gun. He looked up to see Mei Ji.

"You brat trader" he said.

Mei Ji could feel the weld up emotions inside of her. She started tearing.

"You used me..." she whispered quietly.

"You lied to me! You told me that when I was a child you took me from South Korea after finding out my parents were dead from cancer. But I found out another story, the truth of what happened. My parents didn't die of cancer...THEY WERE KILLED BY YOU!" she shouted.

"You sent your men to my home and killed them. You were the reason that I had to fend alone for myself to survive. Your the reason I was put through hell to work for the North. You lied to me" she said shouting.

"You were so naive and damn stupid" he said.

"How dare you say such things, staring dead straight in the face you say those words to me" she said.

"SO FOR THAT, I HOPE THAT YOU DIE AFTER LYING TO ME. AFTER CAUSING ME MY LIFE TO WASTE AWAY! GO DIE IN HELL YOU BASTARD!" she shouted pulling the trigger. It was then silent. And no one said anything. She showed no emotion herself after she just killed someone. She went to the dead leader and pulled out the device. She walked over to Yongguk and handed it to him.

"It's done" she said turning back to Yongguk.

He was still in shock. Mei Ji walked over to Jongup and hugged him. He was standing still.

"This is what is known as a hug?" she asked.

He smiled. "Yes"

"I'm sorry I made you worry. I was never against you guys at all" she said.

"I know. I'm not mad at all. You're actually quite smart for thinking up such a plan" he said.

"So what now?" Mei Ji asked turning to Yongguk.

"Were gonna turn these guys in" he said looking back at the men on the floor.

"Some of the men working for this leader is just knocked out. They'll be enteregated once they wake up. The leader on the other hand...he died with the information" he said. "Maybe thats what he wanted to happen. So we'd never know theie plans" he said.

"Well we should hurry" Jongup said. They all went back to the van where a relieved crowd of members waited.

 

A/N: The end of this chapter. How did you guys like it? Comment please. Actiony enough for you? Now that the action has finished now I will try and focus on some more romance. I noticed that BangSong is in the lead for voting. And I see Songdae has caught up. Now I will decide the pairing I will ship...you'll just have to wait and see how it plans out >:D