Meeting My Family (Part 1)

One Shot at Love ---(HIATUS)---

Ji eun POV:

"Ji eun-ah~" I heard a male voice cooing into my ear.

"Eh?" was all I managed. Turning to see Yongguk sitting at the end of my bed.

I looked around confused, the curtains were closed, and I could see that sunlight was peeking through.

"What time is it?" I asked looking for a clock.

He pushed me down so my back was leaning against the puffy pillow. "Don't worry about it--we're not going anywhere"

"We're?" I asked shaking my head. He nodded and kissed my forehead. "Today we have just a day to ourselves" he whispered.

My heart fluttered at his words, almost like an angels call. "Ah--where are the others?"

"They are all getting the finishing touches on the wedding"

"Oh..."

"How are you feeling? Still no headaches?" he asked checking my head. I shook my head.

In fact I was suprised that the hangover hadn't hit me despite the heavy drinking I did.

"Wow--" he complimented in English. "My wifu is a great drinker" he smiled.

"Ani- we got lucky this time...in face....I think I feel more alive than ever"

"Really? Well then come on lets get you down stairs" he smiled bending at the edge of the bed.

"Ya!" I chimed as I jumped onto his back. I didn't realize how strong Yongguk was, while he was carrying my down the stairs so easily.

"I can't wait to carry you bridal style" Yongguk whispered. Damn man--making me have butterflies in my stomach, and blushing rapidly before we even tied the knot?!

He sat me down on the couch and brought out some left over yogurt. "Come on it's healthy for you"

"I'm not that hungry" I said slouching.

"Oh--well then it's a perfect time to tell you..."

"Tell me what?"

He sat across from me smiling. "My family is flying in this afternoon, and I want you to meet them"

I almost choked on air, good thing I didn't eat that yogurt. "Eh!?"

"I-I know it's so sudden, but they wanted to see you" he said nodding.

"Does it make you uncomfortable?"

"PABO!" I broke out almost tearing.

"What--what" he said frantically, I'm sure I scared him.

"PABO! Your family is flying in today and I'm a total mess?!"

He stayed silent, it seemed as if he was holding back laughter. "AISH!" I wanted to hit him.

"Ya, I'm sorry" he said putting his head down in dismay.

I heald my fist down and sighed. "It's okay--I'm sorry that you are in this situation, I will meet them"

"Really?"

I nodded.

 

I ran into my room after a few minutes talking with Yongguk. I dug into my drawer searching for something.

Where is it? Have I lost it already?! God where--oh here it is!

I pulled out the notebook that was stuffed with loose papers sticking out on the ends of the pages.

I knew that this would come in handy--

The notebook was locked and the front cover was plain purple. I smiled and reached over to my jewelry box pulling out a key neclace. Yes it did unlock the lock to the notebook. Click.

I pulled the cover open to reveal the first page. To my lovely daughter.

I traced the hand writing of black ink along the pages. The next page read a long letter, each letter was in dates, journaled in sections and chapters.

Chapter 1: Before I Go

I hadn't touched this book, or even dared to look into it. My mother however told me when my father died to open the book when It was time for my wedding. As a little girl I had noticed that my father had always written in it late at night. Once I remember asking him what he was doing, and he smiled and told me he was writting the future...I didn't quite understand, until today...

 

September 18, 1992

Ji eun, for the past year or so I have watched you grow. I have seen how you smile, play, and laugh. It makes me smile just thinking about it.

That was my father as usual, writing about how he adored me as a child. I turned a couple more pages skimming the dates.

 

July 31, 1993

My sweet daughter, how you've grown. Today is the first day of preschool for you and I was so glad to drop you off...you were scared at first, but you and mama walked together holding one anothers hands, and you instantly lost your fear.

 

I recall that day, it was very scary. Going into a world I didn't know at a young age. I sighed as I intirely skimmed the page. It was clear that my father loved me and documented every milestone in my life. The thing that caught me off guard though was a day I couldn't recall.

 

2009

Ji eun...I can't recall the month and day, but I know what the year is...If you hadn't noticed I have been loosing my memory day by day...it's practically eating me out alive that I can barely remember my birthday, or what time of the day it is. I'm lucky that I am still able to remember you and your mother, but I'm afraid that that day might come.

 

I think it is still 2009...that's what it appears to be on my last journal...Ji eun, you have grown to be a fine women. I think it is your last year in high school right? And I know that it is also your second year at the academy. I heard from your mother that you ranked in the top tens in school, and first captain in your academy section...that makes me so proud. It makes me want to cry as I remember how young you were and unaware of the world ahead of you. Make good decisions in the future...

 

Memory lose? I didn't know that he had this issue? Did mom know about it? It had to be written somewhere in here, I thought as I flipped throught the rest of the pages.

 

2010

Ji eun, the memory has been getting worse and worse as I watch the sun rise and set. I guess this is time to tell you about what i've been keeping a secret. Last year I was diagnosed with cancer...your mother was bauling on the day she found out. It was also the day that you graduated from high school. We never told you because that day was such a special day for you...please don't be mad at me for not telling you earlier.

 

You have been studying hard late at night and I didn't want you to loose all that. I did notice that you have been concerned about my coughings and my illness. I lied and told you it was the flu, when truely I was dying on the inside. The doctor says that I won't make it past the age of 55...I feel like i've become one of those men you hear about in the news reports, about dying so young and too soon. huhhh...so I guess this means that I won't see you get married...

It means I won't be able to walk besides you down the aisle. I hope that in the future you marry someone great. I hope you and your current boyfriend will get married in the future...I never did get to meet the fellow...bring him over someday..hopefully before I pass. And about your friend, the one you always helped, he seems like a nice man, I intrust him on taking care of you when I'm unable to. Anyways, when the time comes, I want you to remember me. And my last thing I want to teach you is before marriage...

My tears were flowing uncontrolably as I rubbed my eyes. I could imagine my fathers words reading out loud almost as if he was besides me. It also dawned on me that the boyfriend he was refering to was my ex boyfriend who I broke up with before I left the academy. I also realied that the friend he was refering to was Daehyun. I guess my father really couldn't recall names anymore let alone my name.

 

My last words of advice Ji eun, is that when you get married I want you to meet the mans parents. Your mother told me to write this before I pass, what a troublesome women, but I agreed. Make sure that you look nice and presentable, I'm sure that you might atract a rich young man from a rich family keke. Next I want you to be yourself, from then on I can't blame you for being yourself. Be the loving and caring girl I raised you to be...and maybe start a family for your dear mothers heart. She's always wanted to be a grandma. Ji eun...I love you, as your father I only wish great things upon you and hope for a great future ahead. Don't forget that no matter what you go through with in your life, I will always support you, even when your mother doesn't. Keep this book to yourself...and maybe you can continue writing your advice to future generations...but we won't know until the future...

 

It ended at that as I stared onto the blank half of the page. It was over, and the words that once were alive, now felt lifeless at the touch. My tears dropped and I could feel myself gasping for air.

dumph dumph. I heard the stairs sound. I quickly threw my notebook under my bed and sat against the back board of my bed.

"You okay? I got a bit worried when you didn't come back down" Yongguk said as he appeared inside my doorway.

"I'm fine...just trying to find something nice to wear in front of your parents" I nodded looking back at the closet. "They should be coming around the afternoon, so they will come by for dinner later. You got plenty of time" He smiled and walked toward the closet doors. "Wait" I said running and blocking the doors.

"What" he said chuckling at my awkward pose I did. I completely was embarassed.

"You can't--I mean, my dress is in there...you can't see it until the wedding remember!" I managed.

He was stiff then laughed. "You're very traditional aren't you"

I nodded as he brushed my bangs out of my eyes.

"Okay i'll leave you to decide. Ask me if you need any help" he said hugging my waist.

My cheeks burned as I was lost in words to say anything. Yongguk looked down as I refused to meet his eyes.

"I'll take that as a yes" he said letting go of me and walking away.

I watched him exit, inside I felt like we were already married. Was this what I would feel everyday, once I was a wife?

 

I sat in front of my mirror looking at my bare face. It was shining with water and brown natural tones.

My eyes were wide once I drew dark lines against my eyes, and fluttered my lashes with mascara. Dark brown shades were matted onto my eye lids, and circled rosy powder along my cheeks. Slowly I applied dark red lipstick on my cracked lips and quickly curled my hair. At a finish I placed on a red dress that flowed near my knees.

I heard the door creek open as I turned to see it was Sunhwa.

"Unnie~ What are you doing here?" I asked placing my hands on my lap.

"Just seeing how you look before you meet Yongguks parents. Don't want you to look like a mess"

"Thanks...I'm not well at doing these kinds of things. I'm really nervous"

Sunhwa stared at me with a dazed expression.

"What! Is it that bad?!" I asked holding my cheeks.

"Ani- in fact, you look pretty" she said smiling.

"Really? Thank you unnie"

"I got your flowers and decorations for the wedding~" she said clapping her hands.

"You're the best unnie, thanks...in fact...i'd want you to be my maid of honor"

"REALLY?!" she shouted suprised. I nodded. "You've helped me unnie" I smiled.

"Oh thank you thank you thank you" she said hugging me.

"No biggie unnie" I smiled. "It's the least I could do for all your work"

"Oh--gotta go Ji eun, I gotta continue planning, good luck on your dinner" she said running out before I could say anything.

I continued looking at myself in the mirror. Was I really pretty? I focused on certain parts of my face, I guess those beauty products I've been using have been working, I thought. Suddently the door creeked open again.

"Unnie I forgot to tell you thank you again before you left" I said still focusing on my new smooth skin.

"You look beautiful"

I turned around suprised to see the man. "Daehyun--aren't you supposed to be helping Sunhwa plan?" I asked standing up. He closed the door.

"Nah--she told me to take a break..." he said walking over.

"I see, cause your working so harrrrd" I said sarcastically. He approuched me which kept my on guard.

"Did she do that to you?" he asked pointing at my face.

"What this?" I asked covering my cheeks.

"Yeah...did she put that on you?"

"Sunhwa? No--I did it myself. Why does it look weird?"

"Ani-It looks...different" he smiled.

"Different how?"

"Well its vey tempting" he laughed.

"Ya- I'm getting married."

"I know I know" he said walking closer to me.

"To be honest Ji eun you don't have to wear all that makeup. You look beautiful without any" he smiled.

"Pabo get away from me" I said. It was too late since I was already backed up against the wall.

"Why is it that we always end up in situations like this?" he asked barely a breath away from me.

"Sometimes I wonder that myself" I said looking down.

"Well it's hard to resist you when you're dressed like that" he laughed staring at the dress.

"You really are a ert" I said clenching my teeth. He placed a hand on my hair as I shook squeezing my hands together.

"Your hair is different to" he said observing it. What a weird child.

"Well I should get going..." I said trying to step away from him. He followed blocking me with his arms.

"Not until you hear me out" he said sternly.

"What..." I was scared to see what he'd ask for.

"I understand that you're getting married...and I understand that maybe you don't wanna be with me anymore...but just remember that I'm still not gonna get over you" he whispered against my ear.

I stayed quiet for a second as he pulled away to look at me. "I want to hear you say that you understand"

I faced down to the floor not saying a word. He smirked. "Please? Or else I'll have to kiss you" he teased. I began blushing as I remembered the many times that he...

"I'll give you to three..."

"One..."

I closed my fist tight.

"...two..." he laughed a bit in his breaths.

".....three" I closed my eyes shaking...but nothing. I opened it and he was still watching me holding back laughter.

"YA! PABO!" I shouted. He covered my mouth with his hands as I muffled screams.

"Hey--I'm sorry, but your reaction was just priceless!" he snickered to himself.

"You had me completely scared" I shot back almost tearing.

"Shhhh" he said still covering my mouth.

Finally I stopped yelling and stayed put.

"Now do you want to say it?" he asked still inches away from me.

I shook my head. "Why do you always do it the hard way?" he whispered before letting go of my mouth. I was ready to hit the man upside his head but his lips crashed against mine. That sneaky little bastard. I only let out a short yelp as he placed his hands around my waist.

Jung Daehyun...he was smart all right. Getting me at the best time for him. When I'm vaulnarable and trapped, tired to fight back...It made me wonder if he planned it all out in the first place.

"Never gets old" he laughed. I wiped my lips almost childishly as if he had kooties.

He grabbed my arms suddenly as I closed my eyes scared.

"Don't do that...it's ruining your lipstick"

I opened my eyes almost want to hit him. Pabo your kiss messed up my lipstick thats what!!!!!

"I guess I'm so ugly to love right?"

"Wanna bet?" he smirked coming closer to me.

"No!" I said shoving him away. I looked at the time. It was almost time to leave. I ran to the mirror and almost screamed.

"Look at me now! I'm ugly!!!" I yelled at the smeared lipstick along my cheeks. I quickly fixed it as Daehyun just stood in by the door amused by my spazzings.

"Good luck" he said pushing off the wall and out the door.

"Aish that little-"

"Little what" he smiled.

"Ah!" I yelled throwing a pillow out the door.

 

A/N: Okay guys this was a long enough chapter wasn't it? Originally it was supposed to be longer, but it seems that it would have be too long and boring to read at once. So wait for the next update. Was this enough Songdae love for you guys? X/

I feel like I'm gonna be updating slower I'm sorry, since school is being too much to handle at once XP BTW did any of you go to KCON 2013? If so you're dead to me--just kidding just kidding--but I hope you had fun and met EXO~and Teen Top~ #whyunocometoHawaii  \ (  ; A ;)/

I'm planning to end this story soon, sadly to say :( But first I need to see what ties I need to finish up and I also need to break the story up into different chapters since it's gonna be a lot of writing--forgive me :O...

Next chappie~ part 2 of Meeting Yongguk's Family!!^^