The Confusion

Up Where We Belong

 

The game ended with Jong Kook winning the game as he knows it is the best way to calm Ji Hyo, so they are now packing up. Jong Kook went to see Ji Hyo, but she avoided him. He saw her fixing her things and he thought it’s a good chance to talk with his girlfriend. It has been a while since they became a couple. It was after the 79th episode when he realized that he has something special for the only female member of Running Man. He had never seen someone as amazing as her. He secretly looked at her whenever there’s a chance. He stood up beside her during introduction whenever possible. It was until the 94th episode where Ji Hyo found out about his feelings. He was so embarrassed, but it made him happy that finally Ji Hyo had learned about his feelings towards her. On the 95th episode, he let Ji Hyo won the game. In fact, Ha Ha, Gwang Soo, and Jae Suk had talked about them being the liger couple. That day, he remembered, it was the day where Ji Hyo had accepted his affections. When they went to Thailand for the show, they were inseparable. It didn’t occur to them that the members of the show were looking at them. Gary vented out his feelings towards Suk Jin, but they didn’t let the two of them knew it. More episodes had passed, and their teamwork worked out all the time. They love it when they were in a same team, and they hate it when they’re apart. Back to the reality, he seemed so uncomfortable with the way Ji Hyo has been acting lately. After Eun Hye and Ji Hoon guested on the show, their relationship became rocky. It became even rockier when Ji Hyo told him that he wouldn’t like to be his girlfriend anymore. 
 
“Ji Hyo-ah, please talk to me.” he said to her while he was holding her arm. “What do you want to talk about?” Ji Hyo asked. “Why are you treating me this way?” he asked hoping for an answer. “Because you treated me that way.” she honestly answered. He remembered how he had shouted at her on that time. But, it’s not because he wanted to win for Eun Hye. It was because of her. It was because he was too sensitive seeing her being intimate with her ex-lover.
 
“Let go, Oppa. I have a schedule to follow.” Ji Hyo told him while removing her arm on his grip. “I’ll drive you there.” he said. “No need. I have a driver and a car. Besides, it’s not your obligation anymore.” she said as she walked away. He was left surprised. Ji Hyo’s warmth became really chilly. It’s like the flames had died down already. His heart ached. 
 
Ha Ha went towards him, but he signaled that he doesn’t want to talk. He doesn’t want to talk as his eyes are about to tear up. Ha Ha understood and went back to where he was standing earlier. Jong Kook went to the parking lot to drive his car back home. He remembered Ji Hyo has a schedule today. He’ll just surprise her there, then.
 
He found out that Ji Hyo will be a clothing brand model. He found where the location is, so he went there to give his girlfriend a surprise. Technically, Ji Hyo is still his since he hasn’t agreed to the break up that Ji Hyo is offering. When he was about to go closer, he noticed a familiar figure standing in front of Ji Hyo and Ji Hyo smiled warmly. He felt so down when he headed on his way back home.

“Oppa..” he heard the voice on the line. He heard the familiar voice on the line. “Can we talk?” asked by the woman on the other line. ‘Is she breaking up with me because of Ji Hoon?’ “We really need to talk, Oppa.” continued Ji Hyo, the girl on the other line. “There’s no reason to.” he hissed. He heard Ji Hyo sighed on the other line. “I understand.” said she, and a busy tone was heard.