The Commander

Up Where We Belong

Ji Hyo looked at Kim Jong Kook in astonishment. 'I just heard him right, didn't I?' Ji Hyo asked herself. Jong Kook is still kneeling in front of her, trying to put the ring on her ring finger. She knows that Jong Kook is waiting for her answer before he could even place it on her ring finger. She can't believe what she is seeing right now. She, together with the Running Man members, appearing on their first live telecast is being watched as of the moment. It didn't occur to her that filming live is actually not for a Running Man weekly variety episode, but it is for a Running Man Special. 

Ji Hyo looked at him once again. He can see confusion in her eyes. 'Ji Hyo-yah, did I surprise you that much?' he asked himself waiting for Ji Hyo to answer. "What do you think you're doing?" Ji Hyo asked him seriously. Her question made him stand up. "Ji Hyo-yah, I am doing this for them to know how much I do love you." Jong Kook answered. Ji Hyo glared at him. 'What did I do wrong?' he asked himself. "Yah! Kim Jong Kook-ssi, what is this mission all about?" Ji Hyo exploded in anger. 'Ji Hyo-yah, you are confusing me.' Jong Kook uttered on his mind. 

Ji Hyo looked at the Running Man staffs, VJs, PDs, and members. They were looking at her. She knows they are thinking on why she's acting like that on a live telecast. She won't blame them if they get mad at her, but she can't take Jong Kook revealing it to the whole world without her consent. "Ji Hyo-yah.." Jong Kook called her when he caught her not looking at him. Ji Hyo didn't look at him. His heart stopped beating for a while when Ji Hyo did what she just did. "A-are you mad at me?" Jong Kook, finally had the courage to ask. 

Ji Hyo just shrugged her shoulders and didn't answer. Jong Kook looked at the other casts of Running Man seeking help. He can not tell what's on Ji Hyo's mind. He thought Ji Hyo would really be happy with the proposal, but it turned out the opposite. Ji Hyo is still seen standing in front of him looking blank as ever. Jong Kook squeezed her hand tightly and he felt that Ji Hyo reciprocated the touch. "Ji Hyo-yah, I know you are surprise on what I am doing right now. I am surprise with myself, too. I didn't know that I could be capable of doing this." Jong Kook said while staring at the expressionless Ji Hyo. 

"I-- I tried my best to keep our relationship secret, but every day it keeps me want to shout to all of them, that I am yours. It hurts when the fans root for you and Gary as the Monday Couple, but it hurts me more when I couldn't even get a chance to show my care for you whether the camera is on or off. I tried my best to keep calm and relaxed whenever I see you during filming, during breaks, and during the show ending. I have been trying all my best to keep our relationship in the dark, but all I want now is to start anew. All I want is to be with you." Jong Kook, whose tears are showing, can be heard saying this live. 

"Earlier, in the press conference, I told them that I'll tell them the name of who I love the most, and I am keeping my word now by saying that it's you Song Ji Hyo. I have made it clear earlier when I asked you to marry me. I'm sure no hints are needed for them to know who I am pertaining to." Jong Kook continued. "I am doing this right now because I'm afraid to lose you. I can't imagine my life without you near me. I can't fulfill my life if you won't be a part of it permanently. Ji Hyo-yah, I know that in this show, I am called "The Commander", but in reality, this commander that they are calling has you as his commander. I am offering you my life."

Ji Hyo, who was seen expressionless earlier, cried a tear. She was deeply moved by the words of the man in front of her. Looking at this man, she knows, she doesn't need to win the lottery. She knows this one man is enough for her. Jong Kook noticed the single tear that fell from Ji Hyo's eye. He's not showing it, but deep inside, he is really trembling. His eyes met Ji Hyo's eyes. He can't tell Ji Hyo is sorry for him, but he can say that it's going to be tough for him. Ji Hyo looked at the Running man members, staffs, VJs, and PDs.

He saw Ji Hyo shook her head on the Running Man people. His heart is having a very speedy beat right now, but he's trying to be calm. He feels like his head will soon explode with all the confusion that he's getting from the woman he's asking to marry. Just a single 'yes' is needed for him to be calmed, but he's not getting any. Ji Hyo looked at him again. This time, he can clearly see how sorry Ji Hyo's stare is. "Ji Hyo-yah, I'll ask you again. Will you marry me?" Jong Kook, with all the emotions running on his spine, asked one more time. Ji Hyo looked at him. "N-no." Ji Hyo, who bursts into tears, finally answered.