The Broadcast

Up Where We Belong

"N-No." Ji Hyo, who bursts into tears, finally answered him. He was surprised with the answer that he didn't realize his tears are now blocking his sight of the beautiful Song Ji Hyo. He choked. He was left dumbfounded. His tears are like the waterfalls from Niagara. The waterfalls are heavy and painful to feel. He looked at Ji Hyo once again, but he realized that he couldn't take a glance at her, so he wiped his tears. Jong Kook was surprised to see Ji Hyo crying out loud right now. Didn't she just reject him? Why is she the one crying loudly? "Ji Hyo-yah.." he called as he wants to hug her real tight.

"N-No.. -- " Ji Hyo's words were cut short when he butted in. "I heard it once. It's okay. Please don't say it again." Jong Kook said. "Pabo-ya.." uttered Ji Hyo. "N-no.. no way that I will say no to you." Ji Hyo answered while sniffing. Jong Kook's face couldn't be described when he heard Ji Hyo's real answer. He came to hug her so tight that the woman is now embracing the world of his rocky figure. "You shouldn't confuse me like that Ji Hyo-yah." Jong Kook said honestly. "I-I thought I would die from a heartbreak when I heard you say No." Jong Kook continued. 

*cough * cough Jae Suk separated the two by standing in between. "Yah! You two. All the while I thought Running Man is a variety show, but it seems more like a drama to me now." Ji Hyo and Jong Kook looked at the national emcee. "Good job, Miss Mong." Jae Suk commended Ji Hyo. Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo who is now making a light bow to him. "I'm sorry, Oppa. They asked me to do a mission." Ji Hyo opened up. "They asked me to say those words to you when you confess like that to me." Ji Hyo continued. "You know?" Jong Kook surprisingly asked. She nodded. 

"I heard it when I got back from the wash room. Your voices were so loud that I could really hear it from the outside." Ji Hyo said casually. "Only you didn't see me when I was at the door because I was facing your back. They saw me that time, and they were silent about it. We had this conversation in a conference, and they asked me to say No to you first. I know that you're going to propose to me soon, but I didn't know that it will be as soon as this one. The mission that they gave me was to say No to you first because they'd like to see your reaction. I don't want to do it, but they said they will not attend the wedding if I won't do it. I'm really sorry, Oppa. I didn't mean to joke around. I-- " Ji Hyo's words were cut again.

"No matter what you say, Ji Hyo-yah, my heart will not change its beat for you." Jong Kook cut her words. "Yah! All of you. Don't play with our feelings." shouted Jong Kook with a smile. Truthfully, he knows the men of Running Man are just showering them the love of a family. How could he even get mad at them when all of them have always been special to him? He knows how Running Man works, and he's up to show that he is indeed the Commander, he is indeed Capable. He looked at Ji Hyo's finger which has their engangement ring on it. 

The people who are on and off screen with them, felt the love that he has for the Ace. The Running Man staffs, VJs, PDs, and cast congratulated them one by one. As if they know the outcome, gifts were given to them during the live broadcast. Ji Hyo is all tears when the members congratulated her. She knows they love her so much, and she loves them so much, too. Their words touched her inner soul. Jae Suk hugged her the longest. "Jong Kook-ah, time for you to say your messages to all of us watching." Jae Suk reminded Jong Kook.

"I am sorry to say that Song Ji Hyo-ssi will be soon married to me, Kim Jong Kook. To all her fans, please understand that I am her ultimate number one fan. I'll be your president if you want to. To all my fans, please understand that your idol has a heart, and that heart belongs to Ji Hyo-ah. If not by her, your idol might not be able to wake up smiling every day. To all the Monday Couple fans, please still do cheer on them on Mondays, but don't forget that she's mine always. To all the Running Man fans, I am the Commander and she is the Ace, but she is my commander and I know, that in her life, I am her Ace. Please be happy for us. I am really sorry for taking Song Ji Hyo from all of you, but I promise that I will do my best and that I will love her with all my best for you. Thank you." Jong Kook, with these words coming from the deep abyss of his heart, didn't realize that the hearts of the million fans have just melted because of him.