The Ace

Up Where We Belong

Jong Kook rushed his way to where the Running Man members are waiting. In order for him to be able to attend the press conference about his new album, the live streaming of Running Man was postponed for an hour. Since he hurriedly went to the mission area, the members welcomed him warmly. "Our lover man is here." Jae Suk welcomed him with a tease. He smiled at Jae Suk. "How does it feel to be so mushy during the press conference, Jong Kook-ah?" Suk Jin asked. But before he could answer the question, "Hyung, you will never get to know the feeling, so get over it." Jae Suk butted in making all of them laughed so hard. His eyes caught his girlfriend's figure. 

The whistle has blown. Today's mission is to find their partner while they are wearing their wedding clothes. Ji Hyo, who is wearing a wedding dress with jogging pants underneath, has no exemption. She needs to find her partner, too. And in order for her to do it, she has to find clues. "Won't it be simpler if I just choose one of them?" she asked the PD-in-charge. "We don't want to make it easy on you." the PD-in-charge answered. "Yah!" Mong Ji appeared attacking the PD-in-charge with a mad act. The Running men looked at the female member and smiled. They looked back at Jong Kook. Jong Kook shrugged his shoulders. 

Jong Kook is now with the men of Running Man. They were advised to stay in a secluded area first, and when they hear their names being called, they should go out of the room, and march their way to the front. Mission hints will be placed in the altar-like table. The first name called was Suk Jin. Suk Jin kidded around that he was the first one to be called because he's been married for a long time. True enough, the caption states it in the broadcast. Next was Jae Suk, who said the same thing. Followed by Jong Kook, Gary, Ha Ha, and the maknae Gwang Soo. The Running men stare at each other and seen busily fixing their suits afterwards. The last one called was the Ace, Song Ji Hyo.
 
Jong Kook could see the surprised look at his celebrity girlfriend. He couldn't believe that he is seeing her for real. The dreams that he had few days ago still linger on his mind, and he's afraid that it will come true, so he had asked the Running Man members, staffs, VJs, and PDs to grant his special request. When they asked him why he'd like to this, he said, "I want to start my life anew." in a very touching way. All that concerns Running Man agreed to Jong Kook. All of them are now looking at the blank Ace who is walking towards them. "Where to?" Ji Hyo asked. The PD directed her to go the front, but by doing it, she has to pass all the Running Man members. 
 
She noticed Suk Jin on the first row. "Shall I eliminate all of you?" she asked. "Is this 6 VS. 1?" she asked again. "Ya! Ji Hyo-yah. Stop acting smart." Suk Jin scolded her for asking too much questions. She laughed with the way Suk Jin had said it. She noticed Suk Jin was coming near her, so she avoided him. "Yah!" Suk Jin shouted at her. "Don't shout at me." she said. "Don't come near me. Are you all a spy?" she asked with a very confused face. She saw Suk Jin sighed and lifted up something. "What's that?" asked by her. "Yah! When did you become blind?" Suk Jin shouted again. "There's a hint here." Suk Jin told her. Her eyes grew bigger when she heard it, so she took the rose from Suk Jin.
 
Suk Jin gave a high five on the air when Ji Hyo took his rose. Jae Suk lifted another rose. "Again?" she asked. "Don't ask and just get it." Jae Suk said. Although she was so curious about it, he took all the roses from the men. "Time for you to read the hints." the PD-in-charge said. "Only I shall do this?" she asked again. The PD-in-charge nodded. "In order for you to find your pair among them, you need to get the hints correctly." "All right." Ji Hyo answered. She sat near where the men are standing. "She isn't really minding her image, huh?" Jae Suk spoke smilingly. Jong Kook just laughed at his hyung's comment. He knows that's true. Ji Hyo never hides what she wants to do or what she wants to say. Right now, his hands are trembling due to nervousness. 
 
'me' 'ji' 'you' 'will' 'hyo' 'marry' - These were the hints that were attached to the rose the running men gave her, and the hints that she'll have to place on the altar-like table. Her heart skipped a beat when she realized the word of the hints. 'This is just a  mission. Don't think too much.' she thought while calming herself. She uttered the words on her mind, 'Ji Hyo, will you marry me?' or 'Will you marry me, Ji Hyo?'. She thought to herself that it couldn't be Jong Kook's doing. They are on a live show, and it is just indeed a mission. Before she could say that she has found the meaning of the words, Jong Kook came near her. "Jong Kook Oppa.." she called when she saw him getting closer and closer. 
 
The man in front of her, helped her stand up and kneeled. She looked at the other members' reaction and they were like watching a romantic movie who are trying to feel the tendernes of the film. She looked back at the man who's kneeling in front of her. "Ji Hyo-ah, will you marry me?" asked by the man that she loves more than anyone else in the world. "Is this a mission?" she asked Jong Kook. "Yes, it is my mission." Jong Kook answered. She sighed. She thought this is a real proposal. "It is my mission to be with you while I am living. I will live millions of years to be with you. Please marry me. I want to let the whole world know that the one I am in a relationship with, and the one that I truly love is you.. the Ace." Jong Kook continued. "This is where I want to say your name. This is where I fell in love with you and this is where I'll fall in love with you over and over again." Jong Kook added. "Song Ji Hyo, Mong Ji Hyo, Angry Ji Hyo, Monday girlfriend, my Cheon Sung Im, I love you. Will you please be with me as my wife? Will you marry me?" Jong Kook asked her on the first-ever live telecast of Running Man.