The Way

Up Where We Belong

The high ratings of their last episode made the men of Running Man felt happy and sad at the same. It made them happy that they were able to beat their rival shows with a landslide, but it made them sad that they couldn't share it with Ji Hyo. It just made them miss Ji Hyo more. Unknown to them, Jong Kook has something up on his sleeves. Jong Kook had never shown them his real feelings towards the death of his beloved girlfriend, but he knows after this show, they will know how hard it must have been for him. 

It has been a while since Ji Hyo has been gone. Ha Ha told them that Ji Hyo's soul is not around and it has been a couple of days since he saw her. The Running Man members sat on their usual places once again. "Who is the guest?" Jong Kook asked first. "Ya! Jong Kook-ah, since when did you start talking before me?" Jae Suk kidded around. "Just now." Jong Kook answered as he flashed his great smile making his eyes more unseen. The rest of the members looked at him curiously. "We all should smile. Ji Hyo would not like us to frown at times like this." he said smiling wildly. 

The PD announced that they will do an individual race today. The winner of the mission will be proclaimed as the best player of Running Man. The members of the show looked at Jong Kook. "Don't think that all of you can eliminate me first." Jong Kook warned them with a sweet smile on his face. Suk Jin asked him, "Is there something wrong with you, Jong Kook-ah?" He shook his head. "No. None at all. I'm fine." he answered. His answer made the members worried. They can see the pretension behind his fake smile. 

The whistle has been blown. Suk Jin was eliminated by the Sparta right away. "Race Start!" Jong Kook uttered. His smile didn't leave his face. Ha Ha saw him like this, and before he could ask him a thing, Jong Kook had eliminated him already. Gwang Soo, who was hiding inside a box, was found by the Commander, and was eliminated by him as well. Jae Suk, who appeared so confused in front of him, was startled when Jong Kook ousted him quickly. They were eliminated quikcly. And they were eliminated by one person. 

The members in the jail were curious on how Gary and Jong Kook will face each other. Gary and Jong Kook are now facing each other. Gary felt the difference on Jong Kook's gaze at him. He looked at him back with a sorry stare. "Hyung, I'm really sorry." Gary said. Jong Kook heard him and he smiled big at him. "It's no problem, Gary-ah. In fact, I am thankful to you because of that." Jong Kook said enigmatically. "Hyung, don't act strong. We are here for you. I am here for you." Gary added. "Who's acting strong? I am strong Gary-ah. I'll win this game. I'll win this game for her." Jong Kook answered once again.

They are now on the second floor of the mission place. Beside Gary, there are stairs. Gary would like to go down, but the sight of Jong Kook couldn't let him do it. "Hyung, Ji Hyo-yah.. --" Gary was cut short when Jong Kook made the offense. He tried to defend himself by fighting back with the commander. They both laid on their backs on the floor. "Ji Hyo won't be sad anymore." Jong Kook murmered. Just as Gary was about to get up, Jong Kook tried his best to rip off his name tag. He was able to rip it off. But then, he heard Gary shout with all his might.

"Joooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggg Koooooooooookkkkkkk hhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!" Gary shouted at him. He heard him shout, but he didn't mind. He planned everything today. He is still holding Gary's ripped off name tag when he closed his eyes. "Ji Hyo-yah, wait for me. I'll be there for you very soon." Jong Kook said while his eyes are closed. The stairs, where Gary was near earlier, has Jong Kook rolling all over. Jong Kook didn't hold a grip after he ousted Gary on the game. 

The Running men members hurried to where they heard Gary's voice. The unusual shout of Gary made them run without hesitation. They reached the place where Gary and Jong Kook had fought, and they were so surprised to see Jong Kook still rolling on the stairs. The staffs are running towards Jong Kook, so they could save him. Ha Ha, Gwang Soo, and Jae Suk hurriedly run to save Jong Kook, but the one they are saving is on a high right now, reminiscing the moments that he and Ji Hyo had. "Ji Hyo, I'll be there for you in a while. I have found a way. I know.. this is.. the way." He thought of this before he lost consciousness.