The Last Show

Up Where We Belong

 

A loud ring of the bell was heard. It is a sign that the filming of the show will soon to start. The Running Man members all stand in line on their comfortable zones.  The seven famous members of the said variety show started to act on their filming. Although, the show airs on Sunday, they often meet on Mondays. Just like now. It is Monday and all of them are now being filmed with mixed emotions on their faces. It has been years since Running Man has been airing and now it has come to an end. As much as the Running Man members would like to continue the show, they can't do it anymore. One of them has grown weak doing all the missions. And they know, replacing that one person will never make the feeling the same. 
 
The atmosphere on their last location show is very different. Today, instead of them doing the urban mission, they will just sit in front of a big screen and say their thoughts regarding the scene that they will see on the said big screen. All the members of the show, including the VJs, staffs, and PDs are all trying to control their tears. The seven famous members sat on their respective places. Suk Jin sat on the first chair, followed by Jae Suk, followed by Ji Hyo, Jong Kook, Ha Ha, Gary, and Gwang Soo. Jae Suk looked at the man sitting beside him. He smiled sadly as he knows Suk Jin has to deal with health issues that they decided to just end the show.
 
Suk Jin might be the weakest of them all, being the one eliminated first, being outcasted at times, and being ignored by the members and the guests during filming, but Suk Jin is equally respected by all of them. When he said that he can't do Running Man anymore, he asked them to continue with the show without him. However, the Running Man members shook their heads. "We are a family. If one has to go, then all of us will follow." said Jae Suk. Suk Jin knows that it is not that easy for them to quit the show for they have been doing it for quite some time now. "Yah! Are you all crazy? I'm only one. You are still six, one can replace me." mentioned Suk Jin. "It will never replace your place, Hyung. No one can replace it." Jong Kook answered. 
 
Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook. She then looked at Suk Jin. Suk Jin has always been there for her whenever she needed someone to confide to. When they were asked before on who she likes most in Running Man, she chose Suk Jin. Suk Jin is like a father to her. True to their words, Suk Jin might be the weakest in physical aspects, but Suk Jin has the strongest hold in their hearts. She knows Jae Suk feels the same way. Thinking about the times that she had shared with Suk Jin, it made her teary. How could someone ever replace a man who willingly take the role in opposite of his character? Suk Jin always plays the second stupid role in the show, but all of them know that he's very clever. In fact, it was proven to them during the 79th episode where Suk Jin plotted the show.
 
She felt someone tapped her back, and she turned around seeing her husband cheering her up. She smiled at Jong Kook. "The screening will now start." The PD announced. They all look at the big screen in front of them. A video clip was played. It was a funny clip of the first episode. Right when the members were being introduced. They laughed as they remembered the things that they have during the pilot episode. Then, a clip of the second episode was shown. It was the time that Ji Hyo guested on the show. All of them looked so awkward towards her, and Jae Suk tried to break the ice for all of them. Then 1 vs. Many videos were played. They laughed out loud during the All vs. Gary on the eleventh episode. Way back then, Gary was so easy to fool.
 
All of them started to tear up when the PD showed them doing the mission against the guests. Their teamwork is really one of a kind. They love it so much when all of them have to be a member of one team. It feels like they are a family who's out to protect each other. And then, as they start to shed a tear, the microphone was placed in front of Suk Jin. The screen stopped showing the video image of their picture during the 98th episode where Gary was the zombie. "That episode sure was fun. All of us were able to enjoy our time together. We even have all our smiles on that picture as all of you can see. We felt very young way back then. It made me think that I'd like to stay forever young." Suk Jin said with a cracked voice. The members tried to stop tears from falling when they heard what Suk Jin had just said. They know what he said came from somewhere as they knew that his sickness will soon be hard to bear if he wouldn't take the operation right away. 
 
Suk Jin didn't see the faces of his co-members as the place was dark. Only the light of the screen and the microphone head can be seen, but he can feel them crying silently, and it made him tear up as well. And then the video was played again, the video stopped and it stopped on the picture of the Easy brothers during the 124th kimchi race with Han Hyo Joo and Go Soo. The microphone was now placed in front of Gwang Soo. "That picture gives me lots of memories. I have always been glued to Suk Jin Hyung and we are famous for being called as the Easy brothers, but it's just for the show. In reality, Suk Jin Hyung and I are not that easy. We're tougher than what we are in the show. We've been through a lot, by saying this, means all of us Running Man members, have been with each other through ups and downs. Indeed, it's hard for us to deal with, but it's easy for us when we know we all have each other, supporting one another." Gwang Soo said in tears. 
 
It is now Jong Kook's turn to describe his feelings towards the picture on the screen. It was a clip of the 104th episode, the first ever Idol VS. Running Man competition. The picture shows them sitting on the stairs with their white shirts. "That day, we lost the competition. We did our best and tried our luck, but we still lost. However, we won each other's trust, care, and affection towards each other. The relationship that we showed during that episode was real. We fought as a team, and it didn't really matter whether we'll win or lose. The important thing for us there was we were able to build our team relationship more stronger, way stronger than the previous ones." Jong Kook said cooly. Although he said it cool, he held Ji Hyo's hand for support. Why is this final episode so hard for all of them? Oh well, it's the ending, afterall. The mission was finished and the lights were again. As the lights lit up, they saw how swollen their eyes are, and how red their faces are because of what they have just watched. All of them couldn't help, and all of them have just allowed to let their tears flow naturally.