The Thoughts

Up Where We Belong

 

Jong Kook, who rolled all over the stairs, had thought of the memories that he had with Ji Hyo. He remembered how he noticed the chubby little girl who's watching him during his Turbo days. He remembered how he saw Ji Hyo laughing so sweetly with her boyfriend Joon Ji Hoon when he visited Yoon Eun Hye during their Goong filming. He remembered how tough Ji Hyo was when she competed with Lee Hyo Ri and he remembered how his heart raced its beat when Ji Hyo kidded him around saying I love you in a broken sentence during the Family Outing days. He remembered how Ji Hyo joined the Running Man family, and he remembered well on how he fell in love with the only female member of it. 
 
"Ji Hyo-yah, I am so in love with you." He said shyly when he had the chance. It was after the 94th episode when he had admitted his affection towards the girl. Ji Hyo was left in awe when she heard him confessed, but it made him happy that finally Ji Hyo found out about his affections. On the 95th episode, Ji Hyo and him worked together and won. He let her won the game. It was after then that Ji Hyo spoke to him. "I am.. actually.. in love.. with.. you.. too." Ji Hyo, who looked so pretty being embarrassed admitted her feelings to him as well. He was so happy that he hugged Ji Hyo right away. "Let's do our best to keep it a secret for now." Ji Hyo said. He wanted the whole word to know that they are going out together, but by doing it, a lot of consequences shall be done. He thought keeping their relationship for the meantime will be the best for the two of them. He nodded with a smile as he agreed with Ji Hyo's idea.
 
He remembered how hard they tried to keep their relationship unknown to others. Sometimes, they forget to control their actions. Although they keep their mouths shut, their gestures speak for them. They tried their best to put efforts on their relationship, and even though it's hard, there was never a time that they complained about it. Sure, there were many times that they were worried about each other doing the mission, there were many times that they were jealous of the guests and the running men, but they managed to keep their trust with each other. They maintained the love burning every now and then. It was until Eun Hye and Ji Hoon guested that they fought. However, nothing and no one can separate them and they were grateful to fix the problem right away. 
 
It was until that fateful hiatus that they ended up like this. They were so happy back then. They were happy that the biggest problem, which is the relationship of Ji Hyo and Gary as a Monday Couple, was made clear. It was made clear to them that Gary is the reel boyfriend of Ji Hyo, and he is the real boyfriend of the Monday girlfriend. Right after the issue was cleared, they decided to enjoy with each other as a family. They thought the happiness that they were feeling that time won't have an ending. But then, nothing goes smoothly. Everything has a reason. And for them to be separated by death, the reason is yet to be known.  
 
Jong Kook is still unconscious in the hospital. Ha Ha is seen sitting beside his close friend. Ha Ha had known Jong Kook for a long time, and their relationship is like an older-younger brother. He looks so serious when he looks at Jong Kook. The man didn't prove him wrong when he thought that something was on Jong Kook's sleeves. He tried to ignore it, but he didn't know that ignoring it like that, will have a not-so-good outcome like this. "Hyung, I know you love Song Ji Hyo so much, but don't you think it will be unfair for her and for you when you go to her like that?" Ha Ha asked, but noticed Jong Kook's lips moved a little. A smile was seen. 
 
Little did Ha Ha know that Jong Kook is looking at the face of the girl that he loves most in the world. "Jong Kook Oppa.." called Ji Hyo. "Ji Hyo-yah." called Jong Kook as he hugged Ji Hyo tightly. "What are you doing here?" Ji Hyo asked. "I am here to be with you forever and ever." he answered. "But, it is not your time yet." Ji Hyo whispered. "But, time takes forever when I am not with you." Jong Kook answered. "Oppa.." Ji Hyo called. "Let's run together, Ji Hyo ah. I want to kiss you and feel you in my arms forever and ever, Ji Hyo-ah." sweet words came out from the mouth of Kim Jong Kook. "Where to run?" Ji Hyo blankly asked. "Up where we belong." Jong Kook answered with his very sweet smile. "I love you, Ji Hyo-ah." Jong Kook continued.