The Secret

Up Where We Belong

 

"It wasn't my intention. I was just trying to protect..." his sentence was cut when Ji Hyo opened her eyes. "Oppa.." she called. All of them looked at her. Their smiles are so bright that she looks blank as to why. "Miss Mong, do you know that you are in the hospital?" Jae Suk smiled at her while asking. She nodded slowly. Her eyes saw his eyes. Jong Kook smiled at her, but she looked at the other direction. "Where is Ji Hoon Oppa?" she asked all of a sudden. "He went back to the hotel. I ordered him to go back." Suk Jin seriously said as he was looking at her. "You two talk first." Suk Jin lead the men out. 
 
Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were left inside the room. Jong Kook came closer to her when he confirmed that the room is already locked. "Ji Hyo-ah, I'm.." his sentence was cut when Ji Hyo butted in. "Sorry, Oppa." he heard her say. "Ji Hyo-yah, I'm the one who's supposed to be sorry." he said sincerely. Ji Hyo tried to fake a smile. He knows that Ji Hyo has something in mind, and he's afraid that she'll say it. So, he tried to talk first before her. "Eun Hye was..." his sentence was cut one more time when she had said what he doesn't want to hear. "Our relationship... let's put an end to it." Ji Hyo said casually.
 
Jong Kook was so surprised to hear what Ji Hyo had said. She said it. "Ji Hyo-yah.. what is this about?" he confusingly asked. "You know what I mean." Ji Hyo coldly answered. "You and I. I think our relationship will not work anymore. Let's break." Ji Hyo added. Ji Hyo's words hurt him. "Ji Hyo, do you know what you're talking about?" he asked one more time. "You are my boyfriend and I am your girlfriend, but it was until earlier, Oppa. I don't want to be your girlfriend anymore." she said with a crack voice. Her eyes are already watery, but she's holding it in. She can't cry in front of Jong Kook. 
 
Jong Kook left the hospital room when he heard what Ji Hyo had to say. He was so hurt that he had punched the wall outside the room multiple times. He doesn't know if it's his hand which is hurting, or his heart. He wasn't aware that the other members of the show were just sitting there. He came back to his senses when Jae Suk tapped his shoulder. Tears fell as soon as Jong Kook left the room. She didn't mean what she said, but it's too late, her stupid mouth already said it. 
 
Few weeks later, Ji Hyo came back to the filming. Everyone welcomed her. She bowed wholeheartedly. Jong Kook stands next to her just like the old days, but now, she decided to stand beside Kang Gary. The six men looked at her, but they didn't ask her. She had thanked the heavens millions of times because of this. During the filming, she shows her usual side. She's the Ace, afterall. She must do good. Down to the last mission, only three of them were left. It was her, Gary, and him. She looked at Gary with pleading eyes, however, before Gary could understand what she meant, he was ousted by Jong Kook.
 
"Ji Hyo-yah.." called Jong Kook. "How have you been?" asked by him. "It's been..." his sentence was cut as she tried to rip off his name tag. "This name tag, do you really want to rip it off?" asked by him again. "Don't be nice to me. Play your game." she said. She saw the hurt in Jong Kook's eyes. "Rip it off. If that's what you want." Jong Kook said to her. "It's a fair game. I won't rip it if you're just being kind. You're the Commander. You should play it well." she said. "How could this happen to us?" Jong Kook asked her while holding her hands up in the air.