The Hiatus

Up Where We Belong

The Running Man members and staffs were in a panic when Gary mentioned that he will stop participating on any of his variety shows. However, Suk Jin and Jae Suk thought of a good idea. They will ask Gary to join the show again. They will let him be a part of the show by hook or by crook. All of them know why Gary stated what he had tweeted. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo glanced at each other. They shrugged their shoulders as to what they think the outcome will be. 

They went to see Gary in person. Gary was surprised to see all of the Running Man members in front of his house. He welcomed them with shyness. He was disappointed at himself when he sees the members laughing and making fun of him. It's as if nothing happened. They were supposed to be on a holiday vacation today, but because of him, they didn't pursue with it. Then his glance went to Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. They were looking at him. 

"Gary-ah" Jong Kook called his name. All heads turned to Jong Kook as he called his girlfriend's reel boyfriend. "Please come back on the show. The show is so different without you." Jong Kook said to him. Jae Suk was so amazed with Jong Kook. He wasn't expecting that Jong Kook could be this calm. "If you won't be in the show, then who will be the Monday boyfriend of Ji Hyo? Don't you think she'll be sad on Mondays? You are a couple, right?" Jong Kook continued.

Suk Jin was startled by Jong Kook's actions. He knows the kid is doing his best to persuade the other kid. "Hyung, why are you like that?" Gary asked Jong Kook. "Because we are family. Without you, our family won't be complete. Without you, fans will be disappointed. Joong Ki left us already, and if you'll leave us, too, the show won't ever ever be the same." Jong Kook answered his question. 

He was so touched to hear Jong Kook's words. He knows Jong Kook is being sincere to him. He feels so wrong towards them. "I'm sorry everyone. I thought a thought I should have not thought. I was upset when I made the statement. I didn't know the consequences it will bring, and I am thankful to all of you who still welcome me wholeheartedly." he said in an apologetic voice. "Don't worry about it troublemaker Kang Gary." Jae Suk jokingly said that made everyone laughed. 

They decided to take a break and enjoy the holiday together. They rented a van and went somewhere very far. It was Gary who recommended it and they all agreed. The eight of them, including the driver, are having a very happy mood. This is the first time that all of them laughed out really loud. As if tomorrow will never come to them anymore. Gary is sitting beside the driver, Ji Hyo, who is at the back of Gary, is sitting beside Jong Kook, who is beside Ha Ha, who is beside Gwang Soo. Suk Jin and Jae Suk are at the back of the van. 

"What is the happiest episode in Running Man for you so far, Sung Im-ah?" Jae Suk called Ji Hyo's attention when he caught her yawning. They all laughed as she realized all of them caught her. "Yah! All of you. Don't make fun of me.." she joked. "The Angry Ji Hyo-noona is here." Gwang Soo commented. Laughter was heard all over the van once again. She choked as a sign that she'll answer Jae Suk's question pretty soon. 

"I am happy the most when we do our introduction and ending part of the show. Doing the introduction, it makes me feel like we are welcoming everyone to the family. And doing the ending part, makes me feel that whoever comes in and out of the show, our family is always there for each other. Standing with all of you during the start and the end of the show makes me really feel loved and blessed. I wish I could do it with you guys forever." she answered seriously.

"Ya! Song Ji Hyo! Why aren't you no fun? Your answer is so serious. It gives us chills on our spines." Jae Suk kidded his favorite Running Man member once again. "Then, how am I supposed to answer it?" Ji Hyo asked blankly. "Ya! You're really blank, aren't you?" Jong Kook commented on her question. She looked at Jong Kook's eyes, she can see herself. It makes her really happy. "I really love all of you." she said while looking at Jong Kook. "I really love our family." she added as her eyes began to close because of the long night and travel. The roads are rocky, but she has fallen deeply asleep already.