Day 67 - Loved Me

Prince Jerk & Our 100 Day Arrangement

(Kai)

I admired Jieun as she was in a deep sleep. She was sort of shoring, or heavily breathing. But it was cute to me.

All I can say is that I do respect her decisions and what she does, but she’s been spending all her time with Daehyun and not with me. What if I fell into a coma, would she take care of me more or him? Well I’m not going to slip into a coma anytime soon, or not anytime at all.

I wish I could be there for Jieun without feeling discomfort about supporting her staying with Daehyun.

It’s been about a month since Daehyun’s been in a coma, but I still feel like he’s still here stealing Jieun away from me, I’ve loved her for about 18 years.

Softly resting my head against the wall as I looked at Jieun, her eye brows furrowed and a pained look was shown on her face.

Nightmares again.

 

(Jieun)

Another dream about Daehyun’s ceasing pulse.

God dammit, why am I so self-conscious about Daehyun dying.

I’m dating Kai, and I should be more activities with my boyfriend, not worrying 24/7 that my ex-boyfriend is going to die in any moment.

I slowly opened my eyes, being greeted by Kai’s joyful and bright face looking at me.

“Kai, I’m really sorry for all of this. I’ll make it up to you! I’ll go out to the market and I’ll make us dinner. I can visit Daehyun another day, because you’re my boyfriend.” I sat up to meet his gazing eyes.

“Alright, I’ll go with you.” Kai grasped my hand and pulled both of us up on our feet.

“No, it’s alright just sit at home, or do whatever.” I said as I was leaving the room for the market.

The gleaming sun, sent a blazing sensation on the top of my head, feeling as if my hair was frying in the sun as soon as I stepped out of the house.

“Summer dammit.” I lifted the ends of my hanbok off the ground and ran to the market, at 11:00 A.M. feeling energized because it was the most I’ve slept in a month.

I let the skirt of my hanbok fall as I rubbed my foggy morning eyes.

*Hmm what should we eat? I have a craving for kimchi… anything actually, I haven’t eaten much.*

I walked into a grocery shack and proceeded to shop, or acquire ideas for dinner.

*Lettuce, cabbage, corn, rice, hmmm…*

I saw a contained box of kimchi and didn’t hesitate to snatch it from the stand.

Purchasing a container of kimchi and rice, what else?

Strolling out of the store I jumped into the other stores, checking put food and such.

This is going to be a long day.

Already, I wiped a stream of sweat on my forehead from the blazing summer heat.

 

(Kai)

There was one thing I wanted to do because Jieun wasn’t there.

I took the cart down town, thinking over about what I was going to do.

Deciding that if I did it, I would feel better.

Pacing to the hospital I opened the door to Daehyun, still in a coma.

“I know you’re in a coma, which is good because I don’t want you to hear this. When I was about 5 years old I started liking the only friend I had, and I ignored it because I didn’t want it to ruin my friendship with my only friend. I didn’t matter because, I moved when I was about 10, I think… and I just ended up in missing her more. I fantasized that when I grew up, I would go back and tell Jieun that I love her. Which didn’t go so well, considering that her parents were marrying her off to you. When they told me that you and Jieun were supposed to get married, I was devastated, but I dealt with hiding my love. I’ve grown used to holding my emotions in, since I had to deny them for the years I was away. But you only needed a few months to make her fall in love with you. You could say that I was jealous, but I waited for a long time to tell Jieun that I loved her. You just had to be a jackass to get her to like you, how the hell does that work? Just please, Daehyun, let her go… for me.” I walked away from the hospital bed, with tears welding up in my eyes. I’ve wanted to say that to him for a long time, with him being in a coma, it was the perfect time to vent out my thoughts.

What does it take to have the girl you love, love you back, as much as you love her? Right now I just want Jieun to stay with me, and when, or if Daehyun wakes up, being assured she won’t leave me for him.

 

(Jieun)

*UUUGHH!!! What should I make? I’ve been gone for so long, recipes are being washed out of my mind.*

I stood out on the pathway with a bag of kimchi and rice… should I just buy beef and fish?

*Alright, since it’s tasty and simple enough to make.*

I strolled away from the previous shop, into the butcher and fish market.

*hmmmm, get a big piece of beef.* Looking around the shop I spotted a perfect piece and reached to grab it, which was when another lady and I grabbed hold of the same piece of meat.

Peering up at the lady’s face, I saw Hyosung looking back at me with a devilish look.

 

“Are you happy? You’ve won.” Hyosung yelled in my face.

“What do you mean I won?” I asked, still gripping onto the meat.

“Are you stupid or something? Daehyun and I broke up weeks ago, when we went to town center, because he said he loved you.” Hyosung scoffed. “You over me, is he delusional or something?” Hyosung mumbled.

“What do you mean? Daehyun never said anything about it.” I doubted Hyosung, she might be a great actress. I didn’t know if the words she said would make my mind and heart feel differently.

“Whatever, well you’ve won Daehyun, but I’m not going to let you win this piece of beef!” Hyosung snatched in out of my hands, with fire in her eyes. But I could care less because I was too busy drowning her words in my head.

Daehyun said he loved me?  When did Jung Daehyun, King of the Players develop feelings for me? Where was his humanity when I was depressed in my lonely misery when he dumped me? I thought I was the only one who felt I liked him, before we broke up.

I’ve missed him so much! To figure out that he loved me, but never told me. It will never be the same since he’s in a coma. When will something good happen to me?

I can’t think straight now!

*I guess Hyosung not visiting Daehyun in the hospital tells me that their departure was real.*

*I can’t blow Kai off, I still have to make it up to him by making him dinner.* I tilted my head back, hoping that my tears would fall back into my eyes, without a trace of existence left behind.

Sending out for another piece of meat, that I could pick without a total picking the same one as me.

Finally buying the meat and fish I stumbled home to cook dinner, deeming that I would be out of focus to cook properly.

My eyes began to grow foggy, thinking of the impending memories.

I morosely glanced at the setting sun against the horizon.

“Sir turn back!”

 

 

 

 

 

I arrived at the place I requested the driver to go back to, leaving all my bought groceries back at the cart.

Dashing to the place I swung the door open and ran inside the building. I was at the hospital where Daehyun was laying lifelessly on a bed, with an unsteady heartbeat.

Opening the door to his room to see Kai standing right in front of Daehyun, with his head turning to me.

*I promised I wasn’t going to see Daehyun today.* I fled from the scene and tried to escape the gaze of Kai, until I halted with a small touch on my arm just after I got out of the building.

“Jieun, I have to ask you only one question…” Kai looked down at the ground.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have come, I promised I wouldn’t. I’m sorry.” I turned around to Kai.

“Jieun, do you… still have feelings for Daehyun?” Kai looked into my eyes, as when I looked away from his as soon as he finished his question.

“Ummm.” My mind flashed back to Hyosung’s statements.

Everybody is getting hurt.

“Jieun, it’s alright, just say what you feel.” Kai pulled my chin up to the vision of his face.

“I~I~I don’t know…” I tried walking away.

“Jieun, do you love Daehyun…?” Kai muttered.

“I think I might still.” My legs grew weak and I crashed on the ground.

“We shouldn’t be dating if you love another guy. I know how it feels to be away from the person you love.” Kai stated, as a tear splattered on the dirt.

“I’m sorry, I just want you to know that I loved you when we were kids.” I said.

“Lee Jieun, let’s break up,” Kai cried as he stated his words. “I’ll break up with you, because I want you to be happy with the person you choose.”

“But let me do one last thing.” Kai lifted his head up, as he kissed my lips.

“I really do love you a lot, but I just want to say that if you love another guy, I don’t want to stop you.” Kai murmured.

 

 



 

Sorry for the weird indentation's in the story, I don't know how to get rid of it...

I type the chapters up on Microsoft Word and it just indents for no reason...

Thank you SOOO MUCH for reading!

Tomorrow I start school again...

I dont know how long it's going to take me to finish this fanfic because school is starting...

I'm sorry!!