Day 68 - I Can't

Prince Jerk & Our 100 Day Arrangement

(Jieun)

He’s been in a coma for 3 weeks, and his pulse is getting unpredictable and extreme.

I hoped with all of my heart that he was alright.

I’ve been spending 3 weeks looking after Daehyun, hoping every time that I’d visit that just maybe, something would be different.

I often fell asleep at the hospital, with my head against the open space on Daehyun’s hospital bed.

“Jieun, come on come home for just the day, we haven’t been able to see you.” Kai convinced me to spend the rest of the day at home.

“Just relax.” Kai added.

*Yeah, relaxing isn’t something possible for me right now, when every second I have a vision of Daehyun’s pulse stopping!*

We took the cart home and I had bad anxiety.

“Just to let you know, if he dies when I’m gone, I’m blaming you.” The muttered.

Seeing all my friends again made me feel better about the situation.

“JIEUN!!! IT’S BEEN 3 WEEKS DAMMIT!!!” Jieun and Suzy scolded me, while hugging me. Suffocating me to death.

“Sorry guys.” I managed to say, out of my limited amount of air. “I can’t breathe.” I gasped.

“Oh, sorry. Hehe.” My friends released me out of their choke hold of love…

“So what have you been up to?” I made a casual conversation.

“Nothing really, just the usual.” They both answered in unison, which meant something was going on, but I was far too worn out to consist in asking. “What about you?”

“You know, mourning, worrying, and hopelessly waiting for Daehyun to wake up from his coma.” I stared down at the ground.

“Jieun I just want you to know that we are here for you.” Suzy patted on my shoulder.

“Yeah I know, thanks guys.” I sighed.

“Come on, Jieun you’ve been waiting and waiting at a hospital bed for the past 3 weeks! You need to go out and have some classic fun!” Jiyeon and Suzy linked onto my arms and lugged e out of the house where I dreaded feeling worried. And I haven’t had any “fun” in a while, it’s become an un existing word to me.

Dragging me to the cart to go somewhere, I couldn’t care less where we went, as long I did something other than mope around all day.

 

 

 

“HEY!!! JIEUN!!! Wake up! We’re here.” Jiyeon shook my shoulders.

*That was the most sleep I’ve had in 3 weeks, I felt better just sleeping on the ride here.*

“Where the heck are we?” I rubbed my eyes.

“A lake! Cool spring water will refresh you from your phase of anxiety.” Suzy pushed me forward.

“Don’t worry we got you some swimming clothes.” Jiyeon stated.

“I don’t have the energy to swim…” I trudged along.

“Come on Jieun we’re here to have fun.” They ran in front of me because I was so slow, plodding along.

*Uggghhh I just want to go back to sleep now.*

I attempted to pick up my pace.

The suns light bounced off of the lake water. The water was glimmering in its light.

Once they changed out they jumped into the cool water, feeling the brisk water meet their skin.

They splash the water around, as I avoided any drop that could come in contact with my skin.

“Come on, Jieun, you have to come in, the water’s good.” Suzy splashed water at my feet.

“It’s cold…” I touched the water with my toes.

I heard Suzy and Jiyeon whisper something to each other and slowly and steadily swam closer to me, as I started getting up having a bad feeling.

“AND GO!!!!!!!!!” Jiyeon and Suzy simultaneously grabbed my foot and pulled me into the water with a splash.

The cold water was like a blanket that engulfed me.

My body shivered from the coldness.

“Ah, I hate you g-g-guys.” I stuttered from the cold water on my pale skin.

“Ayyy, come on, you had to come in sooner or later.” Jiyeon stated.

“I choose later!” I snapped, maybe it was just the cold getting to me…

“Fine whatever, I guess I should do something other than worry.” I dunked my head into the cold water.

I saw small fish swimming along the sea-weed below us, watching until I ran out of air.

“SEE!!! Doesn’t it feel good?” Jiyeon swam around.

“Yeah, it’s alright.” I muttered.

I got used the coldness of the water

We swam and chatted with each other for 3 hours, until the sun met the land and sea at day break.

We rode the cart home and I fell asleep again. I found myself having a dream and not a nightmare about Daehyun dying.

I felt slightly better, thanks to my friends, who pulled me into the water...

As I was falling asleep I actually couldn’t wait to go home, but I will still go to the hospital tomorrow.

A small trip from out of the hospital was nice, but I was still worried about the day Daehyun would wake up, or possibly die.

When I was sleeping, I dreamed that I was in the waiting room of the “dead”, and I found Daehyun, I snuck him back to the real world and he became alive again, which is something I’ve already thought about 1,000 before.

 

 

“Dammit, Jieun wake up again.” Suzy dragged me out of my sleep.

“We’re back at home.” Jiyeon chirped into my ear with a loud and high pitched voice.

“Mhhhmmmmm……” I moaned. Dang it, every time I sleep well I have to wake up again.

“I got it.” Kai appeared out of the house and walked into the cart and poked me in the side.

“Fine, you leave me no choice.” Kai picked me up from the cart and carried me to our room, setting me down on the bed.

“You’ve gotten lighter.” Kai nodded.

“Yeah, maybe that’s because of the mindless worrying and the reduction of sleeping and eating.” I murmured half asleep.

“Oh. Well anyways, I’ve missed you a lot when you were at the hospital a lot.” Kai smiled.

“Yeah I missed how it used to be all normal.” I sighed.

“Yeah me too.” Kai scooted closer to me.

“Yep.” Kai got closer to me and was going in to kiss me.

“I... I.. I can’t…” I stopped Kai with my eyes closed shut tight.

“Yeah sorry, I understand that you have a lot of emotions because of the incident.” Kai back down and just gave me a comforting hug.

“Yeah, my mind feels unstable.” I said, but as my boyfriend I should have been fine with it, it felt weird to me.

*Has spending so much time with “Daehyun” warped my mind?”

 

 



 

Sorry if this chapter was boring.

The next chapter WILL be better.

Thank you for reading!!

I'VE REACHED 70 SUBSCRIBERS!!! WOOHOO!!!

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!

I also want to thank you guys for your positive comments.

I love reading them and I will reply to the comments.

Thank you so much!!

School is starting again pretty soon...

I might not be able to update as quickly.

Sorry...

~LeeteuksWife