Day 65 - Water

Prince Jerk & Our 100 Day Arrangement

(Daehyun)

I had another chance, and I defiantly have absolutely NO time to waste.

When I disappeared into that bright sunny yellow light, I appeared back, behind the bush, where I was declared a failure at my quest.

Without a moment of hesitation I quickly searched my way out, to the other side of the bush, where I was originally stationed.

I guess I just walk alongside the road, and wait for the next test.

“E-excuse me young man, but you look thirsty.” A frail lady appeared behind me.

Because the lady just appeared behind me, I predicted that it was a test, so I gazed behind myself. Considering that I just came back from almost dying in the real word, I really wasn’t looking for trouble.

“Take this drink, young man, you look thirsty.” The lady wore a long, red silk cloak. She handed me a container of water that also looked slightly foggy.

So I took a large gulp of “water”, because I was thirsty.

I felt weaker and weaker with every second, my eyes were glazing over and my vision appeared blurrier every time I blinked.

“What d-d-did you---“

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I woke up in a forest, of red trees.

The bark was auburn red, the leaves were a glossy red.

“Hey, Daehyun, you have to follow me.” Jieun extended her hand out to help me up. I got up and asked the obvious questions, such as, “where am I?” and “how did I get here?”

“Come on Daehyun we have to go! NOW!” Jieun ran in front of me, and I kept up with her pace.

“We have to get to over that rickety bridge, over that river of lava.” Jieun gripped onto the rope handles and slowly walked to the other side. The bridge creaked below her.

“Lava… yeah I’m alright… I’ll just stay here and yeah… not go over a bridge of lava.” I stood in front of the bridge, looking at the stability of the bridge.

“COME ON!!! HURRY!!! DON’T YOU TRUST ME?” Jieun nervously yelled across the bridge.

*Why lava? Why couldn’t it be like a nice crack in the earth filled with something soft, like a cloud, or a rainbow?! Anything but hot shooting lava below an unstable bridge.

“WE DON’T HAVE MUCH MORE TIME!!! TRUST ME!!!” Jieun was bouncing up and down from worrying.

*Alright…*

I stepped one foot on the bridge, and heard a small creak in the creaked wood. There were missing wood pieces so I had to be extra careful.

*You can do this, just 7 more steps.*

One board broke beneath the weight of my foot, causing me to lean forward, rocking the rope bridge.

I planted on the tips of my toes and carefully walked on the left over steps I had to walk on, meeting Jieun on the other side.

“You have passed trusting, and now for the next quest. Be grateful that you got another chance to potentially live again.” Jieun disappeared and the familiar voice boomed over.

Sprinting forward to my next quest I thought of what Jieun’s reaction to me coming back would be?

*She would ask what happened. And I didn’t know if I was willing to tell her that I slit my wrist because I couldn’t bare the sight of her and Kai being together, for all I know she could still be with Kai.*

But I’m working so hard to see, and possibly be with Jieun again, before my life lessens its chances.

 

(Jieun)

I feel relieved that Kai was alright with me being in love with Daehyun.

Daehyun was the only other person I loved other than Kai, but my love for Kai has decreased.

*I need to find Kai a girlfriend… or anything!! A dog? A cat? I just want him to love something or someone a lot, so his passion would run low.*

Plodding along the hallways of the house, I felt the largest weight lift off of my shoulders.

*Having felt that being with Kai gave me a different feeling than when I was with Daehyun. To discover that you can’t get rid of somebody you love.*

I’ve been sleeping so much I don’t want to get out of bed in the mornings… or evenings…

But I made it my job to always visit the hospital and check up on Daehyun and anticipate the visit, one day… someday, he’ll wake up, and I want to be the first person he sees.

With all my heart, I hope that when, or if… Daehyun wakes up that he’ll remember me.

I would be devastated when he wakes up, and his first words are, “Who are you?”

Would he even attempt to get to know me, again?

The doctors stitched the cut on Daehyun’s wrist up, to prevent all the bleeding when we brought him to the hospital, the wound has healed but Daehyun hasn’t…

I miss him so much… I laid back into bed and sighed deeply.

It’s about time I go and visit Daehyun, I miss him, and it will make me feel better just seeing him.

Finally I went got out bed and left to see him, well not him, more like, him not moving…

 

(Daehyun)

I experienced an extreme change in climate, it went from red and hot to, a summer beach feel in just minutes of running forward.

Stopping to marvel at my surroundings, I heard the soft crashing of the waves against the rocks.

*An actually peaceful place, for once!*

I tried enjoying the scenery but soon, accepted the fact that I had more quests to come.

You motivational quote has become, “for Jieun” now.

All my hard work, and my will to endure it, is all for her, I want to see her again, because I love her.

I made the stupid decision to take my life, and I will work myself hard to regain my life back.

Loving her in real life, not just in my head and heart is my goal.

I removed my shoes, and buried my toes into the sand.

I guess I should get going now…

Strolling alongside the waves of the beach, I saw a small table set up on the beach in the distance.

*I guess I have to investigate every single thing I see.*

Half-heartedly I walked to the table, with my bare feet getting more tired within each dreaded step.

As I finally arrived at the table I saw Jieun sitting on the other end of the table, with another open seat across from her.

“Sit down. We must give you a drink of water.” The familiar voice said.

*I’m all for the water! I’m sweaty, and tired.*

“FINALLY WATER!!!!” I began to pick up a cup.

“WAIT! There’s a catch, one cup contains a poison that causes immediate death, if you get the water and this “Jieun” drinks the poison, the real Jieun will die, her life is in the hands of you. You can only drink out of one cup, and if you spill it all on “accident” they can just be refilled. Good luck with seeing or experiencing death.” The voice stated.

*What the hell is with all of these rules? This voice is an ...*

“One cup… one is poisoned… they both look identical…” I muttered.

The cups were half full and none of them appeared to look any different than the other.

I knew only one certain thing about this test, I couldn’t allow them to take Jieun’s life.

*I can’t stand the fact that they would but an innocent person’s life on the line. I can’t let her die!*

*You can only drink out of one cup…*

I’ve got it!

“Hey Jieun, do you any idea of which one is poisoned?” I questioned.

“Nope…” She replied.

“Woah! Look at the horizon, isn’t it beautiful?” I stared at the sea.

“Yeah its breath taking!” Jieun stared at the horizon.

*My chance!*

I grabbed both of the cups and poured the contents into one cup.

*Jieun, this is for you… I didn’t want to die without having a chance to love you without any setbacks, but I guess I wasn’t meant to love you, like I do. I love you…*

“Why is one cup empty?” Jieun examined the empty cup in front of her.

*Now.*

I inched the cup closer to my mouth, and tilted the cup towards me.

I engulfed the cup of watered poison, and~