Day 69 - Real Enough?

Prince Jerk & Our 100 Day Arrangement

Note: Every 1 day in the Spirit World is 3 days in the real world. So far it’s been a week that he’s been in a coma. Just a note.

(Daehyun)

I’ve fought so many things to hold onto my life. Desperately hoping to be alive again.

It’s funny how you never can comprehend how precious love is until you lose it.

And how you feel like you would rather do anything to stop the throbbing pain of a broken heart, my pain might have been worse than others, considering it’s never happened to me.

Since when did I ever become vulnerable to the point of mere death?

I picked myself off of the ground of my small campsite I built up, and set off to explore my newest quest for life.

Thinking to myself, *Those who die don’t have the will to hold on and complete the tasks to wake up again.* And I promise, I won’t be one of them.

Trotting a long where ever the road would take me I found guy stuck in a tree that was over a rapid river, so I run up to ask him if he needed help.

“Excuse me do you need help?” I tapped on the broad trees trunk to capture the man’s attention.

“Yes please! Thank you! I have to get back to my wife.” The man turned off and I saw the face of Kai.

“Wife? Who’s your wife?” I was hesitating to save him.

“Lee Jieun is my beautiful wife’s name. Sir this tree branch is going to give in below me soon. Please help me!” A drip of sweat raced down Kai’s face.

I didn’t want to save him, not the tiniest bit. We loved the same girl, why should I save a guy I despise?

I could hear loud cracklings of the branch that he was hanging on to, about to give in, with me witnessing his own death.

That thought made me a little bad about thinking of not to save him, but I ignored the thought and walked away from the tree branch, until I hear a louder snap.

Seeing Kai dangle from the tree branch, holding on to the nub of the branch that was still left.

I sprinted to the tree and climbed as fast as I could, I could feel thorns dig into my soft flesh but I had to endure it to save Kai, of all people.

Kai’s hands couldn’t take it anymore and his hands slipped off the nub, and as quick as I could I lunged to the branch he was previously hanging from and caught his left hand before he was going to tumble to him liquid death. Struggling to pull him up.

“Thank you so much sir for saving my life! What do I owe you?” Kai bowed as we got our both feet firmly planted on the moist morning soil.

At first I wanted to say “You owe me your wife.” Because it was Lee Jieun, but I ended up saying, “Nothing, just live a good life and you better take care of your wife.”

I walked away from Kai and heard the voice again, “You saved a man you didn’t want to save in the beginning, and now he’ll live on. No more rewards though, your tasks will grow more difficult as they go, but I may allow you to ask one yes or no question of me.”

“Ok, then do they miss me in the real world?” I bit my bottom lip as I asked.

“Yes they do very much, especially one person.” The volume of the voice faded into the air.

That’s a yes, they do miss me!

“By the way Daehyun, your time here in the World of Half Life, the time you spend here seems shorter than it is in the real world.” The voice added.

I once again started to walk into my next quest that jeopardized my living or death.

And it consisted of perfection.

Everything about it was perfect.

There was a colossal house, it appeared even more lavish and perfect then my palace, so of course I was tempted to go into the house.

Everything was perfect filled with the best things.

There was a fresh water bath in the middle of the room, and a girl walked up to me, she was Jeon Hyosung! Hyosung gave me to swimming clothes. Of course I couldn’t resist a bath, I haven’t showered in days!!

I ran into a different room and changed into the swimming clothes and hopped into the bath tub, finally getting a chance to clean myself up from the dirt and sweat of my mental journey.

I felt more energized just taking a nice and clean bath for once.

I got back into my clothes as went for the door to get out at continue on my journey until I heart someone.

“DON’T GO!! You haven’t eaten yet!” Hyosung was 6 feet away from me as she held up a bowl of fish and rice.

I can’t deny it, I was really damn hungry so I sat down to eat.

The food was like the best thing I’ve ever eaten since the palaces food.

I tried to leave but I couldn’t I would just get into the house again with more things.

Stuck in the house, well stuck not in a bad way, the house was perfect!

Until I realized that I had spent 2 days in the house neglecting my quest, because I was slowly forgetting why I was there and what happened, that woke me up.

I darted out of the house and ran away from the temptation.

“You came a little later than I expected but at least you managed to escape the perfect place.” The voice stated.

I was totally behind schedule! I had to zoom to my next quest to catch up.

Meeting an old lady on the rode walking with a slight struggle in her left leg. Remembering that I had to prove myself, I asked if she needed help.

“Yes please, can you please go the fresh water lake and fetch me a pail of water, but beware there is a monster that will distract you.” The lady handed me a pail and gave me a frail smile.

I followed the road, until I finally reached the lake which said, “Beware.” And the corner of the sign was bitten off… which made me kinda not want to do it.

Blood stains dotted the sand of the lake, and I mustered up the courage to get close to the lake to collect a pail full of water.

A soft press was felt on my shoulder which made my spine shiver, I looked back to see nothing but rusting trees.

In caution, I ran to the lake as quickly as I could so I could quickly get out.

Feeling another touch on my shoulder, I hesitated to look behind me, but I did.

This time seeing Jieun smiling behind me.

“Hey Daehyun.” Jieun beamed.

“Uhhh, fine I guess. I just need to get this water over to this lady.” I tried escaping.

“Daehyun, the water can wait.” Jieun walked closer to me.

*This isn’t real, it’s just a temptation. None of this is real!*

“Daehyun, you’re probably thinking that this isn’t real, but our love is.” Jieun was now one foot in front of me, looking up at me.

“This is all fake, it’s just a test.” I said grabbing my water full bucket in my hands.

“Tell me Daehyun, is this fake.” She gave me a short smile before putting her warm hand on my cheek and kissing my lips, while my guard was down.

“Did that feel real enough for you?” Jieun teased. I felt so real, i wanted to believe it was all real.

I wanted to stay and be with Jieun, or whatever this thing is.

The kiss brought back nice and delightful memories, other than the memories that drove me tomy own thoughts of death.

“It, felt real. But it’s all just a temptation I have to surpass.” I pulled my head away.

“Why surpass it? Just stay with me.” Jieun held my hands.

*I can’t… I have to stay strong and wait to see the real Jieun.*

“But Daehyun, I am the real Jieun.” Jieun looked up into my eyes.

*Can this thing read my mind or something?*

I walked backwards in short steps.

“Jieun” took my arm and pulled my body against hers, taking me in with another passionate kiss, that I feared I would kiss back.

Trying so hard to hold back from something that fulfilled my greatest desires, her soft kiss.

It was difficult to pull away, but I managed to, I tried even harder to escape this time.

I ran as fast as my legs could go.

Jieun caught me and pinned my body against the nearest tree.

“Stop trying to leave.” She whispered into my ear.

I looked down at my pail of the lake water and looked back up at “Jieun”.

*I had to go and get this pail to the lady…*

*Out of the forest might just be her boundaries, she can’t pass them.*

Pushing Jieun off I sprinted as fast as I could to the end of the forest.

Making sure I didn’t spill any of the water.

Jieun crashed into me causing me to fall on the ground, and a little bit of water splashing out.

She was on top of me in the position we fell in, combing her fingers through my hair.

“Why would you want to leave me? We both love each other.” Jieun came in to kiss me again.

I jerked my head left, and Jieun kissed the dirt, as she was spitting all the dirt out of , I took this opportunity to RUN!!!

I grabbed the pail off of the ground and zoomed away, luckily reaching outside the boundaries of the forest.

The old lady waiting for me on the side of the road.

“Miss, here is your water.” I panted.

“Thank you, you will be rewarded in the future with your kind deeds.” The lady bowed and limped to her small house.

To hitch hike to my next quest tomorrow.

I’ve been kissed by a fake “Jieun” 2 times… I deserve some time to breathe.

 



The testing!!

The trickery!!

Poor Daehyun.

Thank you so much for reading!! ♥☺♥

Love you guys!

(Imagine me as Xiumin adn you as Luhan, getting uncomforatble becasue of my love...)