Day 66 - Wait

Prince Jerk & Our 100 Day Arrangement

(Jieun)

I felt like how any person would feel after a heart aching breakup.

You’re just left, filled with deadness, like you know the person, but the memories of him are just the good memories, witch leave you feeling like a for leaving him. Which in Kai’s case, every memory was a good memory.

“Uhh hey Jieun…” Kai scratched the back of his neck as he walked through the door.

“Oh, hey there.” I nervously waved back.

“Jieun I don’t want any nervous tension between us. Really! Just because we broke up, we don’t have to act uncomfortable with each other. I don’t have any resentment towards you at all!” Kai gave me a content smile.

“Yeah, you’re right. I kind of feel like crap because you’re so nice, and all I did was receive your kindness…” I admitted.

“Oh yeah, what about that dinner you were going to cook for me?” Kai comically raised his eyebrows.

“Sorry! I totally forgot. I promise that I’ll make it today for you.” I assured Kai with a nod.

“Haha, alright. I’ll be waiting.” Kai nodded back in response, before roaming out of the room.

I was really glad that Kai wasn’t in the “dead-inside-mode” because of the breakup.

He takes everything very well. He’s the perfect guy, but he’s not the “one” for me…

Love is like a puzzle game, some pieces look like they fit together, but they don’t, you can feel that they don’t fit together, but you still try to make it work.

That explains my situation with Kai. We are two puzzle pieces that tried to fit together, to only give up and find new pieces to fit with.

I guess I was the puzzle piece that already knew the other piece I fit with, he was a jerky and cocky puzzle piece at that.

What should I do?

Its hours before dinner time…

What is there to do?

Visit the palace?

Yeah, why not?

Hopping onto the cart to the palace.

 

 (Daehyun)

Having to be in the situation where you are in mid death, or mid-life is nerve wracking! But it’s worse when you take so long on the journey, and begin to forget where you are and what you’re doing.

I almost forgot my name…

There I was, straggling alongside the sandy roads, when I heard a rustle in the bushes, I decided to check out the noise, which isn’t always the best idea…

I created a miniature hole in the bush and peered into the other side, to satisfy my curiosity.

A supernatural phenomenon happened… I was pulled to the other side of the bush, with no sight of one single person.

All I can remember was that and then I was knocked out.

I then woke up in a strange forest, but I wasn’t alone…

I couldn’t see anybody, but I had a shivery spine feeling that kind of tells you that someone else is there.

“Who are you?” I jumped out of my slumber, or unconscious nap…

“I’m Gincilla, it’s Troll language for Pretty One.” an invisible voice boomed in front of me.

“Oh hello, Gincilla… Who are you?” Yeah… my memory wasn’t doing so well at the moment.

“Oh did you hit your head?” A troll looking creature appeared in front of me.

“Uughh!! You… look… uhhh… I didn’t know trolls looked like… that…” I snidely stated. The trool had greenish warts covering her face and, well… It just wasn’t a pretty sight…

“Prince Jung Daehyun, of the Jung Empire, you are here by sentenced to absolute death. You have failed your test to live, and will be sent to heaven or hell. Your memories will disintegrate from your head within a few days. Other than that, you have failed your test. And you failed by judging people by their appearances. What if Jieun wasn’t pretty, you would have dropped her faster than lightning.” A different person appeared.

“WHAT!!! I FAILED!?” I was astonished.

“Indeed, and in matter of fact, that test was your second to last test.” The man walked away.

“NO!!! What can I do to prove to you that I’m worthy of living again!! PLEASE!! I’LL DO ANYTHING!!!” I pleaded, trying to negotiate my way out of death. I need to be with Jieun, or my life would have been a waist!

“You will have another chance, but it’s a very slim chance you would pass the test. You will never know what the test is, you just need to be prepared in your mind.” The man vanished with the snap of his fingers, also taking me into a velvet red room with other people sitting in chairs.

A lady called, “Number 1,236,093. Battle Field.” And a man who looked like he was in the military stood at the lady’s podium. “You are sentenced to heaven, for serving the country.” The lady added.

“Any last things you would like to say?” The lady muttered.

“Uhhh, that I had a good life, while it lasted, I enjoyed serving as the King’s soldier, I did have my life’s downs but I got through it.” The man beamed. And with a snap of the lady’s fingers the man vanished with a glowing white glow surrounding him.

“You’re number, 1,236,137. Wait for you to be called.” A card appeared on my lap.

I have to wait for my death to come…

This lady decides our fates. To go to heaven or the other.

“Number 1,236,094. Mass murder, followed by suicide.” The lady called. “For murder, you are sentenced to hell, easily. Any last words?” The lady added.

“Nope.” The guy scoffed. And he disappeared in the air with a fiery outline around him as he was vanishing from this decision room.

It was going to be a long time until my number would be called, I wailed in my chair, thinking about Jieun, and how much I loved her, and how much… wait, who’s Jieun again?

Oh yes, my love I lost… by losing myself in jealousy.

I zoned out in my depression that I didn’t hear the lady call my number.

“Number 1,236,137!!! DO WE  HAVE A NUMBER 1,236,137?” The lady yelled, snapping out of my sleeping.

I rubbed my eyes as I scurried to the podium.

“FINALLY! Number 1,236,137. Love Sick Suicide.” The lady stated. “Before I sentence you, do you have any last words?”

“Well. I wasn’t the best guy… I was a player who broke the hearts of girls and I didn’t have any emotions to feel sympathy about it. I wish I wasn’t like that. I feel terrible about hurting all those girls. I wish I could apologize to them… all 78 of them… Until I was informed about a girl who my parents were forcing me to marry. I can tell you that she was hard work, but in a way I found her… unique, and different from the rest. He name was Lee Jieun, Princess of the Lee Empire. She surely wasn’t the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen, but she was different than the “gold-digging” pretty girls I usually hooked up with. They usually just flipped their hair, batted their lashes, and tried to win my attention. I hid the whole in my heart, that longed for genuine love, until it started to fill, starting with Jieun. I had a feeling that she and I could have a chance. But just when I was starting to fall for her, I met up with an old love interest and dropped Jieun. Hyosung was one of the prettiest girls I’ve ever known but she was so surrounded by other guys, I could never really… you know date her. But when I did, I was still with Jieun. I began to sneak out of the house to see Hyosung. Jieun became suspicious and caught us. We broke up. Tears filled Jieun’s eyes during those terrible periods. I still dated Hyosung, even though I knew inside her heart, the hole in her heart filled with her love for me, soon was out dry, being replaced with tears of “what if”. It was when I finally woke up from my Hyosung fantasy that I could realize that Jieun meant everything to me… But she already overcame her heartache of our break up with another guy she’s had a thing for since she was little. And I was caught in the frustration, knowing that I loved her. I saw them laughing and smiling together and then I snapped. I decided I couldn’t bare the feeling of resentment anymore. I wish I didn’t choose to end it that way… but the pain was something I couldn’t handle. I knew I wasn’t the best guy, but I knew that the feelings I had with her, were something I always wanted to feel inside of me. The fluttering happiness of the love I felt…” I explained my whole entire love story…

“Good job, you’ve succeeded in genuinely telling a truthful story about you, and telling your faults. You have passed you second chance test. Don’t mess up.” And I vanished into a bright yellow shine.

Another chance, for the love I want.

I won’t disappoint my heart this time!

I’m going to fight 1,000x, no, 100,000,000x harder to maintain my half living life, and to keep my memories that are keeping me going.

Jieun, hang on! I’m coming back to love you.