Fright night

Operation Banda

That night, it was all or nothing.
You would all be risking your lives in the Blue House, if you get caught, there is no guarantee you’ll survive..
Since there were absolutely no directions as to what you would have to do, the six of you would just have to search the Blue House, hoping to find useful information on where the president was or on the conductors.
All of you understood how important but also how dangerous this mission was.
‘Flower, shall I help you do your safety check?’ Micky asked.
You nodded and smiled.
‘Okay, then I’ll help you with yours..’ you answered.
Micky smiled. ‘That’s okay, I already did mine!’
‘Ah! You’re quick!’ You laughed as you hit him playfully on the shoulder.
Micky winked at you.

Ten minutes later you were in the helicopter, together with Hero, Xiah and Max.
You would be the first to be dropped onto the building.
As you neared the open side of the helicopter, your stomach felt tight like a knot.
The adrenaline was rushing through you.
The cool of night was bringing shivers done your back and your hands were cold and sweaty.
‘Please connect yourself to the drop line! We’re almost at the building. Soon we’ll drop you on the roof.’ Max announced over the earphone.
You swallowed as Hero helped you connect secure.
‘Thank you!’ you yelled over the sound of the helicopter chopping.
Hero smiled and made a fist mouthing ‘FIGHTING!’, or maybe he said it, but you couldn’t hear it.
The line brought you down on the building.
Seems the drop wasn’t all that scary after all..
You disconnected yourself and looked up at the helicopter, praying everything would go as planned.
‘Flower, good luck! Don’t worry, I’ll follow you every step!’ Max said over the earphone.
‘Thank you!’ You replied back to him and sighed.
Now it was up to you to search the top floors of the building..
First Hero or Xiah had to give you the sign to go in.
To reduce the time spend of PCV agents in the Blue House, there was decided to go in all at the same time.

‘Flower, your turn!’ Hero said.
While inhaling the cool night air you made a silent promise to Hero, U-know, Micky, Xiah and Max that you’ll do your utter best.
If you would fail, all of them would also be in trouble, BIG TROUBLE!
So you gathered all your courage, focused on the mission and went into the building.
The stair that brought you from the roof to the top floor was made of iron and gave an echo with every step you took.
Silently you cursed your shoes for being so pompous.
You continued descending the stairs carefully and taking the steps two at the time.
At the bottom of the stairs you took out your gun.
The lights on the top floor were switched off, of course..
You couldn’t turn them on, but luckily the moon was giving you enough sight, because it shone through the large glass walls on the northern side of the building.
Just my good luck, you thought as you began to take a look around.
Then you remembered the moon wasn’t the only source of light you could use..
You grabbed your flashlight and switched it on.
The room was very wide, although it looked like a living room, there were several desks present.
Was this how an office for rich people looked like?
You picked up the papers on one of the desks and browsed through them.
Nothing special, just typical business papers with logos and difficult lingual use..
You had seen them many times and had learned to distinguish between real business papers and papers that were interesting to you.
If these were, you would have picked them out by now, but there was nothing interesting.

When you checked all the desks from top to bottom, you decided to check out other rooms on the top floor.
You were sure this large room couldn’t be all there was on the top floor, the roof had seemed so much larger..
You started searching the walls with your flashlight.
In the corner, behind a low wall was a door with a keyhole.
You put your flashlight on it.
Something blocked the hole, on the other side must be a key.
Slowly you tried to open the door.
Luckily it was unlocked.

Slowly you walked through the hallway, checking both the left and right wall for doors or windows.
There were a few doors, but most of them were locked, so you couldn’t enter.
At the top of the stairs you realized that maybe the key that was in the door of the big office might fit the other doors too..
Quickly, but carefully, you walked back through the hallway.
‘Flower? Have you already gone to the 5th floor?’ Xiah asked.
‘No, I’m still on the top floor..’ You answered.
‘Be careful! Fighting!’ Xiah responded.
You smiled, at least you weren’t alone in this mission..

The key did fit on the other doors!
You wondered why someone would install a lock on the doors when everybody could just open them..
One by one the locks would open, but the inside of every room was disappointing..
Some rooms were just empty, others had supplies like paper, printers, computers, pencils, anything an office should have..
You arrived at the last door and had suspected to find nothing but more supplies, but in the last room waited a surprise.
When you opened the door, the first thing you noticed was that it wouldn’t completely open, something was blocking the door.
Shining your flashlight over the things in the room, you spotted a whole bunch of guns, separated by type and size.
Besides guns, there were bullets, knifes and dangerous liquids too..
You gasped as you knew you had stumbled on something that was far from normal office stuff.
‘Max! I found..’ you started to say to Max, but you couldn’t finish your sentence as your device was roughly taken away at the same time as hands covered your mouth and someone else bound your hands and made you drop your gun and flashlight..

________~END OF CHAPTER 12~________

CLIFF HANGER~ ^^