Mercy & Tears

Operation Banda

‘I’m sorry to ring the door bell, since you’re closed today, but can I use your bathroom for a second?’
‘Why?’
‘I need to pee…’

---

The guy in the doorway obviously looked down on Micky and Max, although both of them were taller than him.
He rested his arm against the door post and scoffed.
‘You’re both guys, right? Why don’t you just use a tree? Instead of bothering a closed coffee shop.’
Micky had the faint idea he had seen this guy before, but he couldn’t quite lay a finger on it as to when and where that had been.
‘Believe me, I wouldn’t have bothered you if there were any trees out here!’ Micky said, trying his hardest not to scoff back.
‘Really?!’ the guy said with disbelieve as he jolted and marched outside, pushing Micky away in the process.
Max had already jumped backwards and crossed his arms over his chest, which was his signature movement when he didn’t fully believe, trust or like a person.
‘Damnit! You’re right… Be my guest then.’ the guy said, moving a hand through his longish, slightly reddish hair.
‘If the police weren’t so viciously giving out fines for urinating in public, you’d still be on the street…’ He muttered while Micky and Max went inside.

‘The DOOR ON THE LEFT SIDE!’ HeeChul yelled after he realized they should never find out what was going on in the room behind the other door…
Quickly he followed the two guys back inside.
He froze as the scene in front of his eyes registered.
OH. DAMN. NO!

As Micky had gone into the bathroom which was indeed behind the left door, Max had wanted to go into the main room, just to sit on the couch and rest his legs.
He figured it was awkward if he’d just wait behind the bathroom door, with the one-sock-wearing guy standing next to him.
However, the moment he turned the knob, pushed open the door and allowed himself into the room, the owner of the coffee shop let out an angry yell.
Max immediately understood the guy’s need to act rather unwelcoming, he’d seen his secret.
Because Max knew there was no way he could fight the guy, or rather, he loathed the physical aspect of a fight, he closed the door and tried to maintain a straight –unemotional– face and pretended he had seen nothing.
The guy seemed to relax at Max’ unknowing attitude.
An awkward, yet uncomplaining silence lasted between the two until Micky emerged from the bathroom.
‘Thanks for letting…’ Micky started, but Max claimed his attention when he threw open the door to the main room where Micky could see you, tied to a chair, your mouth closed with tape and your upper body covered with nothing more than just your bra.
Micky was hurt to see you in that state and angry at the guy he now remembered was your previous abductor.
You were already in tears from seeing two of your best friends being here.

One exchanged look between Micky and Max’ eyes was enough for the both of them to get into action.
Without waiting any longer Max went to release you from the chair and Micky tried his best to keep the shop owner from getting anywhere near you.
Max first released the tape from your mouth, he didn’t seem to suffer from his nosophobia at all.
When the tape came off, you spat out the dirty sock onto the floor.
‘I hate you, HeeChul! I hate you!’ you yelled out, while Max untied the ropes around your hands and then began untying those around your ankles.
‘I love you too, honey!’ HeeChul reacted, which you knew he truly did (in his own weird way), but he was totally oblivious to your feelings, or rather than oblivious, he was uninterested in them.
Micky threw his fist into HeeChul’s face.
He had actually wanted to refrain from using violence, but this was too much!

Max helped you stand after you were freed from the chair.
Tired and relieved you collapsed against Max’ chest, hugging him and crying loudly with your head buried into his shoulder.
Mercifully Max returned the hug and softly cried with you.
Of course he had noticed how barely dressed you were, he was a guy after all, but it had not the same impact it might have had if you were happy and at home.
That bastard of a HeeChul had ripped off your shirt, which was now completely ruined.
Luckily he had kept his hands off your bra and lower body.

You knew that behind Max’ back, shielded from your view, your boyfriend was engaged in a fight with your erted admirer.
Just the thought of Micky being beaten by HeeChul made you shiver from fear, afraid that something bad would happen to him.
Max took off his jacket and wrapped it around you, he mistook your shivers for being caused by the cold.
‘Run!’ Micky screamed and Max started leading you out of the coffee shop.
He pushed you past Micky, who was holding HeeChul in a dead lock.

Then it was waiting…
Waiting for Micky to come out of the coffee shop…

‘Shh… Don’t cry…’ TaeMin embraced his girlfriend as she had one of her sad moments again.
One would think he was becoming more irritated with every breakdown JiYa was going through, but he wasn’t.
It was after all partly his fault…
For over a week already the two had cooked, cleaned, worked, slept (as in visiting dreamland and nothing less innocent), eaten and practically breathed together.
‘I’m so sorry.’ JiYa sniffed, her head on TaeMin’s shoulder.
‘It’s okay, I know you miss your family… I am sorry…’ TaeMin replied, kissing the top of her head.
‘I’m lucky I still have you…’ JiYa smiled through her tears, but they didn’t stop falling.
‘Tomorrow we’ll go back. I made up my mind, I can’t keep you here…’ TaeMin announced.
‘No! You’ll be in trouble!’ JiYa protested, horrified at the thought of her boyfriend behind bars.
‘Then I’ll take that as the fair consequence…’
JiYa shook her head. ‘Oppa, I don’t want you to get hurt.’
‘It’s not fair to you, nor your relatives and friends if I was to keep you hiding here with me. I love you, but I made a mistake…’

Max hugged you the entire time you waited together for Micky to come out.
It was surprisingly comfortable to be in his arms, you loved your newfound closeness to Max.
For now, you allowed him to hug you in this manner.
His feelings for you were still a sensitive topic and he could hardly have moved on already in the small time that had passed after his heartbreaking confession and rejection.
‘Flower, is it okay if I go and check what’s going on inside? It’s been taking too long…’ Max said and released you from the hug.
You nodded and he vanished into the coffee shop.
A few seconds later, you heard a loud bang.
Gunfire…

________~END OF CHAPTER 47~________