It's this cold

Operation Banda

‘Boss… We have a problem…’ SungMin approached HeeChul carefully.
The junior crime boss was not having his day and looked grumpy since the start of that day.
‘What?! You peed your pants or something? Interrupt me only when there’s a REAL…’ HeeChul started off saying.
‘There IS a real problem…’ SungMin interrupted.
‘DON’T INTER~… ah, what is it then?’
‘YeSung tried to hypnotize the president and his family, but the only thing that happened was that YeSung fell asleep… and now he is the only one that can get himself out of that sleep…’ SungMin said, looking terrified.
He hoped the same thing wouldn’t happen to him, since he was the only other master of hypnosis…
HeeChul grinned, apart from the obviously troublesome happening, YeSung’s state hit his funny bone.
‘What a babo! I trust you to do the task well, since you are now the one we have to trust upon…’ HeeChul said, as if making him feel honored, but SungMin didn’t feel honored, he felt burdened by the task.

Behind his desk, KiBum was thinking.
That girl… she belonged to a group who had spied on them…
No doubt they had figured out there was currently no president in the Blue House… to say the least.
These people knew too much.
And people who knew too much should always be exterminated.
If not, they’ll give you serious trouble.
This was a good opportunity to put EunHyuk, TaeMin and MinHo to work.
Lately the three of them had been fooling around, which began to get on KiBum’s nerves.

During breakfast, you were together, but all minds were elsewhere.
Hero was chewing his food slowly, like he couldn’t taste the food.
His mind had drifted off, missing two of his best friends, who were heaven only knows where.
Max was occupied with his food, trying to avoid touching the table, since a fallen glass of lemonade had left a sticky substance on the surface.
He had shut off his thoughts for a while, if he would let them wander around in his head, he would certainly end up with a headache.
That’s how you lived nowadays, you lived on automatic pilot, not bothering about daily things like cleaning up the house, because the necessity of it all had evaporated out of your thoughts.
Micky was the only one trying to keep up a conversation, mainly with you.
‘Did you sleep well?’ He asked, looking at you intently.
He probably didn’t mean anything by his stare, since he had always been quite direct, but it somehow startled you and made you feel uneasy…
It was a weird feeling, you wanted to hide from him.

The rest of the day you spend with Max, going through the security cameras one by one…
If something was caught on tape that you hadn’t spotted then, it might lead you closer to U-know and Xiah, or maybe even closer to solving the case.

‘EunHyuk, TaeMin and MinHo…’ HeeChul said.
The three boys went to stand in front of their crime leader.
‘What is it, HeeChul-shi?’ EunHyuk asked, speaking up as the elder of the three.
‘I want you to find the girl who came to investigate the Blue House a few days ago…’
‘Ah, that girl…’ EunHyuk said, remembering his teammates speaking about her.
‘Yes, THAT girl…’ HeeChul said meaningful.
‘What does she look like?’ MinHo asked, being the practical one as always.
‘She has beautiful big eyes, long black straight hair and is about this tall…’ HeeChul said, holding his hand up to indicate her height.
‘Hyung, just give them the photo of our surveillance camera…’ KangIn sighed.
‘Ah, right, I made a copy… Here is the photo…’ HeeChul said, handing them the copy.
KiBum rolled his eyes.
He made a copy to keep the original to himself?!
‘Now, go find her! And remember… bring her alive! I want her here alive!!’ HeeChul waved them off and turned to his set up office…
Somehow he felt like his heart was tight, filled up with longing…
What happened to him? He had never felt like this before.
KiBum and KangIn went on checking the situation at the Blue House.
They were content when LeeTeuk reported that there were absolutely no problems.

When it was time for dinner, you and Max went to the living room.
So far, nothing on the tapes was useful and you were already through most of the tapes.
Only 2 tapes to go…
Hero came out of the kitchen with a pan full of hot Budae jigae (spicy soup).
Now Micky was the only one missing… and of course Xiah and U-know, but you didn’t expect them to be back, although you hoped it with all your heart.

‘Guys, it’s this cold outside, I had a feeling I was turning to ice…’ Micky suddenly said, coming in.
With his thumb and index finger he indicated that the temperature was 2 cm…?!
You gave him a weird look, while Hero and Max nodded understanding.
They seemed to know what relation the temperature had with centimeters…
‘What do you mean, this cold?’ you asked, showing him your thumb and index finger.
Micky didn’t answer, but started to laugh…
‘You know, that refers to the length of…’ Max started to say, but Hero interrupted.
‘Max! Don’t tell her, it’s a guy’s thing to know!’ He said.
‘Ah, well, she can probably guess it’s about…’ Micky started to explain…
‘AYAYAYAYAYAA~!’ You started yelling, covering your ears. ‘I CAN’T HEAR IT! AYAYAYAYAAA~!’
While you continued covering your ears and yelling, Max, Hero and Micky exchanged looks.
‘Hey, let’s just talk on, see how long it takes her to realize we aren’t talking about what’s in our pants…’ Micky laughed.
‘Haha!’ Hero laughed.
‘AYAYAYAYAYA~!’
‘She is too innocent, is she?’ Max said, giggling.
‘AYAYAYAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!’
‘I know… That’s why I like her!’ Micky said, smiling.
Max processed the words, they stung a bit, but he didn’t know whether Micky was serious about it or that he just liked you as a friend…
‘Yah! Are you done or what?! ‘Cause I’m getting a sore throat!’ You suddenly said, lowering your hands.
‘We are, now let’s eat, because the food get’s this cold!’ Hero laughed, showing you a playful 2 cm with his index finger and thumb.

‘Xiah… Get some sleep, I want us to leave tomorrow!’ U-know said, when it was getting darker and darker in their cell.
‘How? Did you find a way to escape, hyung?’ Xiah asked, looking at U-know with a surprised expression.
‘No, but I’ll think of something during the night, I can’t stand this place any longer!’ U-know said, kicking an imaginary pile of leaves.
‘But if I’m going to sleep, I’ll snore… Won’t that be a trouble to you?’ Xiah asked, conscious of his sleeping habit.
‘Well, I might have to roll you over for you to stop snoring…’ U-know replied and then grinned.
‘…yeah… But don’t you need sleep too?’ Xiah asked, still a bit concerned about going to sleep.
‘No, I wouldn’t be able to anyway… You know I can’t sleep when there’s others around…’
With that said, Xiah thought it was okay to close his eyes and sleep for a few hours.
U-know would wake him up if he found a way out…

________~END OF CHAPTER 20~________

Haha... another comedy chapter... XD
I don't know why, but I've slowly shifted from detective-a-like style to comedy style, I have a tendency to do so... xP