Escape

Operation Banda

‘We are the victims again…’ EunHyuk sighed as he walked out of the building along with MinHo and TaeMin.
‘What do you mean hyung?’ TaeMin asked.
‘We have to do the dirty work again, this time…’ EunHyuk explained.
‘What are you complaining about?! You are from the dirty work team, no wonder you have to do the dirty work! I’m the one who should be complaining, unlike you two I belong to the arrest team…’ MinHo said annoyed.
‘Well, that just means we have to do dirty work a lot more often than you!’ EunHyuk shot back.
‘Hyungs… Please, let’s just get that girl!’ TaeMin interrupted their quarrel.
‘Yeah!’ MinHo said, looking straight ahead.
‘Of course!’ EunHyuk said fiercely.
‘Good… Now do you guys have any idea where she can be?’

You shot up in bed.
A nightmare had deprived you of your sleep.
Slowly you got out of bed and dragged yourself to the bathroom.
Drinking a glass of water helped you clear your mind and forget about the bad dream.
‘Are you okay?’ you heard behind you.
You turned around and saw Hero, whose hair was all messed-up, standing in the doorway.
‘I’m okay now…’ you answered.
‘I heard you scream and go to the bathroom, so I thought I’d see what was wrong…’ Hero explained himself, but you could guess as much.
‘I had a bad dream… I dreamt about U-know and Xiah, they were in a large cell, dying of hunger… Oppa, they were horribly skinny and… and…’ you choked as you remembered the images of your dream.
‘Shhj… It’s just a dream… It’s just a bad dream…’ Hero comforted you and put his arms around you.
‘Thanks oppa…’ you sobbed against his shoulder.

Xiah was snoring loudly while U-know kept on wrecking his brain for ideas on how to escape.
He didn’t seem to come up with a good idea, so he started examining the walls and hoped he’d find a weak spot or something.
After searching the walls, he suddenly felt a small pain in the index finger on his right hand.
One look at it confirmed his thoughts, he had just cut himself…
‘Shoot…” U-know mumbled, putting his finger into his mouth.
Then he got curious on why the wall had left a cut on his finger, since walls usually aren’t that sharp.
Gazing at the wall he could spot a little piece of chicken wire sticking out.

‘What are you guys doing?’ You saw Micky walk out of his bedroom, scratching his head and yawning.
Immediately Hero released you from his hug, spinning around to look at Micky.
‘Oh, she was having a bad dream, I just came to check whether she was alright…’ Hero said.
‘Ah…’ Micky answered sleepily, as if processing his words, ‘… and are you alright now?’
You nodded, feeling awkward again.
There was something about Micky, you couldn’t divine the feeling, but it made you want to keep a distance, yet you didn’t want to lose contact either…

‘Crazy! It runs from the ceiling to the floor…’ U-know mumbled, looking the wall up and down.
Half a meter above his reach the chicken wire stuck further out of the wall.
Placing his left hand against the wall, he tried to grab the wire with his right hand, while jumping up.
It wasn’t going to work, he only got another cut on his right hand.
Then Xiah’s sleeping sounds got his attention and brought him to an idea.
After waking him up, Xiah rubbed his eyes and yawned.
‘You found a way out, hyung?’ The hope was in the younger boy’s eyes.
‘Not yet, but I found something that might be interesting…’ U-know said. ‘You have to help me with something…’

Sitting on the shoulders of his hyung, Xiah pulled the chicken wire as fiercely as he could. Pieces of concrete were coming off the wall as the chicken wire was slowly coming out.
After a few more strong pulls, the wire was stripped off the wall, along with a huge amount of concrete.
U-know’s and Xiah’s hair looked grayish-white because of the pieces of Breakstone that had fallen down.
‘Crap, we’re not getting anywhere…’ U-know concluded, looking at the wall of concrete that was behind the wire… still standing.
‘Hyung, what should we do?’ Xiah asked desperately.
‘This wall is still here…’ Xiah said and slammed his fist against the white concrete.
U-know widened his eyes as Xiah fell through the wall and landed on a grass strip outside.
‘Well done!’ U-know yelled in excitement. ‘Now let’s get the hell out of here!’

After an hour the boys arrived at the dorm.
It was still dark, but they guessed it must be around 4 am.
Everybody would be asleep and they didn’t have a key…
‘Break inside?’ Xiah asked, but he knew that the same thing was on U-know’s mind already.
After checking all the windows they concluded they would climb into the house through your bedroom window, no other window was big enough, accessible or open.

Carefully the boys climbed up the drainpipe and entered the house via your open windows.
They made no sound, but if you weren’t fast asleep again, you would have been thoroughly appalled by their appearance and the mess they made in your room.
Mud stains on the white window frame, a mixture of sand, grass and Breakstone in your carpet and the boys themselves looked even worse…

Xiah’s eyes wandered over the bed as you lay curled up in your blanket, one leg sticking out from underneath it.
He had never seen you sleep before and for one moment, he felt like it was the best thing he ever did.
Yet he was roughly pulled out of his new found obsession when U-know poked his elbow and motioned for him to walk out of the room.
‘Let’s just wash up and go downstairs. It’s only 2 hours until Hero gets up, we could prepare the table and make breakfast or something…’ U-know whispered when they were in the hallway.

________~END OF CHAPTER 21~________

^^ U-know and Xiah are finally back home! =D