No progression... Dead end?!

Operation Banda

Now the period of waiting for signs of life had begun..
Because you placed several micro phones in the squat, that didn’t mean the information would drip in right away.
You had to work on shifts listening to the live recordings.
This was the most boring part of probably the whole mission, but it was perhaps also the most important!
During the day, the six of you would change every hour, so each would spend less hours doing nothing..
But, during the night you would spend each two hours, in pairs..
The night time was the most likely time the prospective criminals would enter the squat again.

It was getting dark and the switching of the evening shift took place..
It was your turn together with Micky to listen to the monitoring equipment.
‘Good luck, we haven’t heard anything so far.. except for the sniffing of a mouse or something..’ U-know said.
Micky and you took over the shift of U-know and Hero.
Hero was yawning over and over again.
He must have been really bored in there..
You had a special room, set up by Max, that only contained a large desk with the monitoring equipment and two desk chairs.
Of course you filled it with some snacks and drinks..
Xiah had even cramped in a little refrigerator!
After all, Max wouldn’t mind it too much, he himself was fond of anything you could eat!

As you were sitting there together with Micky, completely bored because nothing was happening, the two of you started to make faces at each other..
Micky started it by wriggling his eyebrows.
You anticipated by holding air in your cheeks and sticking the tip of your tongue out of your mouth..
As long as you didn’t make sounds and didn’t forget to listen to the live recordings, there was no harm in being goofy together..

As you had started to imitate the others, you suddenly heard some noise coming from the monitoring equipment..
In a blink both of you were focused on the mission again.
Micky pressed “Rec.”, so the recording was being taped from that moment on..
You wrote down the time the sound occurred.
Some people seemed to be moving into the squat..
Footsteps and soft murmurs could be heard.
They were coming nearer to the micro phones because the murmurs became muffled voices.
Not much later the clicking sound of cans being opened could be heard.
Micky and you were now sitting at the tips of your chairs.
Something important would soon be said!
Hopefully you would get some information about their plan..

After a few minutes of shuffling sounds, you heard someone cough.
Then followed a silence..
It was so silent you started to doubt whether the phones still worked.
They did, since you heard one person started to speak, probably the leader of the gang..
‘Yo, everybody, yo.. look at my handsome face and listen up!!’
Micky and you exchanged a look thinking the same..
A black-rapper-attitude-leader?! Very weird!
Well, it was true that criminals were usually either a real genius and weird or just really weird..
‘Here’s the plan!’
You were getting lucky!
It seemed they would be going through their plan and you would have the chance to find out everything about it..
‘See, we will pop in here, going there, through there, you three stand there, you three there, you three there, you three will snipe on the roof and you three will prepare the cars.. We will take the president and do our thing, araso?’
Damnation!
They had a map or something, because you couldn’t quite follow the plan..
Technically, you had no news..
The prediction that they wanted to kidnap the president with chloroform, as Xiah had heard them use the words “president” and “chloroform”, was now only confirmed..
As the leader was giving directions to his partners in crime, you had counted the number of people in their gang..
You had counted 15 and “we”, so they were with 17 or more, depending on how many “we” was..
Quite a big group, quite an establishment too.
A genius brain was behind this, organizing such a big group wasn’t easy at all.
‘We expect you to get ready in your team.. You know your teams, KiBum will now tell who’s to lead each team..’
As fast as you could, you grabbed a pen and paper..
‘Snipers team: JinKi; Confrontation team: JongHyun; Team on the lookout: Key KiBum; Arrest team: MinHo; Dirty work team: TaeMin.. No changes possible, araso?’
Wow, this KiBum person sounded quite intimidating..
You would never want to be on this persons’ bad side.
Unfortunately, you already were..
‘We won’t meet anymore, till the day before the take-over.. Remember, it’s the fourth of September.. Ahkk kke kke kke..’ The voice of the leader ended the meeting.
Slowly the sounds started to get softer and further away.
Second by second the squat got a little bit more deserted again..
Until all was quiet again.
You noted the time again and Micky hit the stop-button on the tape-recorder.
The meeting hadn’t even lasted half an hour, they must really be well organized..

When your shift was over it was Max’ and Xiah’s turn to listen to the recording equipment..
They were probably asleep, so you went to Max’ room and Micky went to wake Xiah.
When you entered Max’ room you noticed the smell of antiseptics.
This boy took his hygiene really very serious!
You wriggled your nose.
How can anyone endure this smell while sleeping?
Gently you shook Max’ shoulder.
No reaction..
‘Max? Your turn now.. Wake up!’ You whispered in his ear..
Max moaned a little and suddenly turned.
Your noses touched in the process and Max’ eyes shot open.
Within a second he sat on his pillow against the wall with his blanket up till chin..
His eyes were full of horror.
‘Wh-what are you doing?!’ He asked, the shock noticeable in his voice..
‘I came to wake you, it’s your shift now..’ You said as calm as you could, it was hard to hold back your laughter..
‘Oh, right..’ Max said, thinking hard and slowly getting out of bed.
You left the room to give him some privacy.

When Max came to the recording room it was only five minutes later..
Xiah was already there.
Quickly Micky and you told them what you heard and showed them the list of leader names and teams.
Then it was time you could get some sleep, it was needed since sometimes work made it impossible to sleep all the wanted hours..
‘Good night..’ Micky gave you a kiss on your cheek..
Normally it was just a hug, so you were a bit taken aback, what was this for?

________~END OF CHAPTER 6~________

^^ Tomorrow I'll update again, so stay tuned for more...

Tomorrow I will also reveal who is in which team (from SuJu&SHINee)! =D