APPA~!

Operation Banda

‘WHO DID THAT?’ HeeChul yelled, before stomping on the hole which was in front of his feet, where a bullet had penetrated the ground.
You watched with large eyes as an older man, with a similar face to HeeChul’s, walked up to him and grabbed him by the ear.
‘AISH! APPA! Oh, the humiliation~…’ HeeChul whined and covered his face.
‘NO EXCUSES ANYMORE, IT’S BOARDING SCHOOL FOR YOU NOW, SON!’ the man ordered his son.
‘Sorry, but I’m taking him home now. Please continue your thing, have a nice day.’ the father said to the rest of you.
All of you were pretty perplexed by the whole HeeChul event and stood rigid on the ground for a moment.
Until Victoria seemed to realize her solo position and started grinning in an apologetic and innocent way, like one does when one has made a small, excusable mistake.
‘Hm…’ she said, while stepping slowly backwards, ‘got to go~!’ and off she ran.
However no one really minded her leaving.
Micky grabbed hold of your hand, his eyes telling you how worried he had been for your life.
With a kiss you reassured him you were absolutely fine.
‘I’m so glad nothing happened to us…’ Micky let out and you couldn't agree more with him.
You saw Max and SooYoung were hugging each other too.
It did you good to see Max act like a normal guy, happily in love and having a (remotely) normal relationship.
‘YeSung’s in danger. We have to stop KiBum.’ EunHyuk suddenly reminded everyone outside.

Inside the cottage YeSung had awakened the president and the man was not happy.
‘Quick! Make him like me!’ KiBum yelled to YeSung.
‘LIKE YOU?’ The president raised his voice, stood up and looked down on KiBum.
‘You are my abductor, why on earth should I like you?!’
KiBum’s eyes grew large.
How could he know?
He must have heard something during the hypnotic state, KiBum realized.
Apparently the hypnosis was one for the body and didn’t affect the mind.
‘Don’t try anything, I am armed.’ KiBum warned the president and pointed the gun at his little girl, JiMin.
‘No~!’ the president’s wife called out, afraid of losing yet another daughter, since she had no idea where her eldest was.
As a result both the baby and the twin boys started crying.
‘Don’t hurt them!’ U-know ordered while he and Xiah came into the cottage, their guns ready.
U-know and KiBum were now facing each other with their guns, while Xiah signaled for the twin boys JiSun and JiHwan to come to his side and leave the cottage unharmed.
When face to face with EunHyuk and DongHae, the boys recognized them and after some hesitation clung to their legs and wouldn’t let go.
Somehow the twins had put their trust in these guys during their abduction.
YeSung however they avoided like the plaque.
It must be because of his eyes, which had so often played with their minds.

In the same way, the president’s wife, who carried her youngest child, was led out of the cottage.
Seeing as the presidential family was saved out of their abductors’ hands and taken care of, KiBum began to get a little desperate.
Obviously he was losing this.
If he would shoot someone, they would shoot him.
If he didn’t shoot…
Well, obviously he had to, in order to win something out of this situation.
There was no other way and he pulled the trigger… twice…

A shock went through you at the sound of bullets leaving a gun.
Xiah’s yells chilled your back.
Was he hurt? dead?
You couldn’t see what was happening inside the cottage.
‘MOVE, MOVE!’ was all you heard when Micky held you close to him and made way for whatever needed space to come out of the cottage.
Within a few minutes an ambulance arrived and Xiah was carried on a stretcher into the vehicle.
Then came the police and even the secret forces of the army.

KiBum had fled.
In the chaos of the moment, he had thought it better to retreat.
It was a good deal wiser to hide now.
As the situation was at the moment, everyone present could betray him, including the president himself.
His former comrades would not keep to the code of secrecy either, he was certain.

In total silence you, Micky, U-know, Max and SooYoung drove to your dorm.
The police had recognized you as PCF-members.
To your surprise SooYoung was actually a colleague under cover.
Her mission had almost gone terribly wrong; she had lost control and was actually saved by this event.
EunHyuk, DongHae, YeSung and TaeMin however were taken to the police station for questioning.
Thanks to the president they wouldn’t get any form of punishment; they were after all his care takers for a few days.
And TaeMin had saved his daughter.

At the dorm Hero and JiYa were waiting for you.
‘Were you unable to save them?’ Hero asked as he spotted all the dejected faces.
Several heads shook; no, you saved them successfully…
‘Then where are they?’ JiYa asked, looking at Hero who gave her an equally surprised look.
‘They are in a hotel.’ Max said. ‘You can visit them right away, if you want to.’
‘I will! But where is TaeMin?’ JiYa responded.
‘And Xiah?’ Hero added.
A short silence engulfed you.
The images of Xiah on the stretcher where brought back to you by Hero’s simple question and the emotion of it all hit you with full force.
Tears were running down your cheeks and sobs were escaping your throat.
Micky immediately hugged you and began your back.
‘Omo! Did something bad happen to them?’ JiYa asked, the shock readable on her face.
U-know and Max told them the complete story, introducing SooYoung during doing so.
What you didn’t know before was that Xiah had been shot twice near – what looked to be – his heart.
At the end of the story, JiYa was also crying and needed comfort from Hero.

________~END OF CHAPTER 57~________