Encounters

Operation Banda

‘I-I like it.’ you said, noticing how tricky that answer was.
You hoped he understood you liked his decoration, instead of the fact that it had come from his heart.
You hadn’t yet figured out what to think of that last part.
‘Well, what are you waiting for?’ Xiah asked, smiling and his lips with the tip of his tongue, like he always did when he was enjoying something.
‘Eh?!’ you asked dumbfounded. What did he expect you to do?
‘Don’t you want to take a closer look at your room?’ he asked, amused.
‘Yeah…’ you answered, realizing you hadn’t set foot into your room since Xiah showed it to you.
Well, actually since those Banda boys trashed it…
Just as you walked inside, someone approached Xiah and you.
‘Hey, I was wondering… WOW! Everything is pink!’ U-know yelled as soon as he saw the new interior to your room.
Soon enough, all the guys were upstairs, staring into your room.
Quickly you plumped down onto your bed to cover the 30 centimeter tall chibi doll that resembled Xiah.
You didn’t want Micky to see he wasn’t the only one that had made a silent confession.
‘Xiah, you’re really one-colored! Your room is all blue, your clothes are all black and now Flower’s room is all pink…’ Hero stated. ‘I’m going to feed you greens only, from now on!’ he jokingly added.
‘No~!’ Xiah let out, horrified at the thought of always eating greens and never eating meat.
‘Talking about food, the take away is cooling and I tried my best to bring it home when it was still hot!’ Max exclaimed and lured everyone back to the living room, where the food was.
Everyone followed Max out of your room, except Micky, he grabbed your arm when you wanted to walk out and pulled you back softly.
You raised your eyebrows and you saw him heave a small sigh before he looked you in the eyes.
‘So, are you sleeping here tonight?’ he asked and you thought you spotted a little bit of an emotion called sadness.
‘I guess so…’ you answered, not sure how to react.
‘Just know I’m going to miss you in my room…’ he replied.
It instantly became prime time in your brain as your thoughts started to circle around.
Did he really say that? What does he mean by those words? What do I need to say now?
As you were thinking of the best way to respond, Micky suddenly looked at something behind you.
‘Is that a Xiah chibi doll?’ he asked.
SHOOT!
‘NO! Is it?!’ you reacted, trying to sound like you hadn’t seen the resemblance, but obviously knowing it and definitely showing that you knew.
‘Puhaha! The lips are so weird!’ Micky laughed and you mentally sighed in relief.

In the early morning the next day, everyone knew what to do.
As SungMin and YeSung were writing down the instructions on how to release the president and his wife and children from their hypnotic trance, KangIn and LeeTeuk were discussing how to fix the missing wall of the “prison” and EunHyuk and HanKyung were sent away to break HeeChul’s computer.
‘Can’t we just pile up some major stones?’ LeeTeuk suggested.
‘Aigoo, my back hurts already thinking about that!’ KangIn replied. ‘Where do you suppose we get those stones from?’
Looking around him, LeeTeuk spotted trees, and trees, and grass, and more trees, but no big stones.
‘You’re right. Maybe there are fallen trees that we can use…’ LeeTeuk suggested.
‘Why don’t you two just get some wooden boards and nails from a nearby store! Instead of discussing it here and distracting us?’ YeSung asked, a little irritated since he had to rewrite his instructions for the third time already.

JiYa and TaeMin left the house early, they were going to the market to find themselves a temporary job and earn some money.
‘Waah~! This is exciting! I’ve never had a job before and if I would’ve had one, it wouldn’t have been in a small village like this!’ JiYa said enthusiastic, almost skipping alongside TaeMin.
‘I think your views on work will be changed when we walk back home after a day of working…’ TaeMin said, holding JiYa’s hand and smiling at her.
On the market it was crowded, so crowded you’d think they flew in figurants.
It was unbelievable how many people lived in this village!
‘Young man!’ TaeMin suddenly heard behind him.
He turned and looked into the winsome smiling face of an older woman.
‘Aigoo~! So handsome! Just as handsome as you look from behind!’ she said as she began pinching his cheeks.
So, she thinks I have a face?! TaeMin thought to himself and smiled politely.
‘Deh~, behind is pretty too!’ another old woman commented while patting his .
‘Such a sweet girlfriend he has!’ A third woman appeared and cupped JiYa’s cheeks with her hands and then proceeded on pinching it.
Soon they found themselves surrounded by curious village people.
Luckily they got lots of offers when they mentioned they looked for a temporary job.
‘My son Jang BongGun has left for the big city a while ago, come help me with a fence that needs to be build.’ A short, shrunken old woman asked TaeMin while pulling his left arm.
‘She can’t pay you, I’ll pay you more if you chop some wood for me!’ An old man commented, while pulling at his right arm.
‘You can help me pick cherries out of the cherry tree. I can’t reach the upper ones, I can’t climb the stairs anymore.’ A sweet old woman said to JiYa as she tried taking her to her home.
In the end TaeMin and JiYa had arranged they would meet each other again on the market at 4 PM.

‘Drive faster hyung, I want to get this over with!’ EunHyuk commented on HanKyung’s driving speed as they were on their way to break HeeChul’s computer.
‘I can’t shake off the feeling that we’ll run into him when we are on the verge of breaking his precious possession…’ EunHyuk ranted on.
‘I don’t think we will, he’s chasing that girl… I know for certain, he’s like that.’ HanKyung commented.
Suddenly a black SUV overtook them but almost hit their car as the SUV deducted onto their lane too quickly.
‘HUÀIDÀN!’ HanKyung yelled out of his window to the car in front, but it was speeding away from them.
‘Eh?!’ EunHyuk let out. ‘What did you just scream?’
‘I kindly told him he wasn’t nice…’ HanKyung said. ‘…in Chinese.’
EunHyuk grinned. ‘But WHAT did you say?’
‘Rascal!’ HanKyung said.
‘Oh…’ EunHyuk responded, disappointed that it hadn’t been something more creative.

As they arrived, they saw the black SUV parked near the building.
Who had been in the SUV?
It wasn’t HeeChul, was it?
HanKyung opened the door to the building and EunHyuk followed him in.
Then there he was, the owner of the black SUV, the “huàidàn” that had almost hit their car…
Their own leader, Kim KiBum…
‘Where is the president?’ he demanded as he started up HeeChul’s computer.

________~END OF CHAPTER 36~________

^-^ Enjoy! =) And comment please ^^ I love to interact with my readers! ;)