Out of connection

Operation Banda

While it was slowly getting darker, Max and you observed the situation from screens in the van.
‘Do you think they’ll believe the bomb threat?’ You asked.
Max looked at you with a serious expression, which soon melted into a warm smile.
‘Even if they don’t, we still have a back-up plan. Don’t worry, I’ll protect you if anything might go wrong..’ Max said, smiled and turned his attention back on the devices that surrounded you.

Outside the van, U-know was preparing to make the call for the bomb threat.
Waiting for Max’ and your signal that the line was untraceable.
‘U-know, the line is disturbed now, you can start calling!’ You said to U-know after Max gave you the signal.

Looking at the screens in the van you saw U-know calling, the house’s front door, Micky and Hero’s waiting place, Xiah hiding behind a low wall and the back entrance of the house.
When you looked at the screens more closely you saw Xiah was actually relieving himself..
‘I don’t want to see this!’ You said silently to yourself.
You couldn’t really see anything, but his pose made his actions clear..
Quickly you tried to focus on the screen which showed U-know calling.
Max had probably noticed your embarrassment and Xiah’s scene, since he coughed a little and you could see him looking at you from the corner of your eye.
‘Didn’t you know he does this every time when we go on a mission?’ Max asked in an amused tone.
You turned to look at him with big eyes.
‘No, I didn’t.. that’s so nasty! Why does he do that?’ You asked.
Max chuckled. ‘I don’t know either, but I think it’s because he is nervous..’
You nodded. ‘Still, he could have gone to the bathroom before we left..’

When U-know had made his phone call, you all waited for some reaction.
Nothing seemed to happen..
‘U-know, how did they react?’ You asked.
‘Pretty normal. They said to evacuate as fast as they could.. I guess that was a lie..’ U-know responded.
‘Everyone, we’re going to follow plan B!’ Max and you told the rest.
‘Micky, you can call now..’ Max said to Micky.

Just when Micky dialed the number, some movement at the back door occurred.
Immediately Max called out to Micky, saying to hang up the phone, but Micky was already connected.
‘Yoboseyo?’ A voice came out of the phone.
‘Eh.. Yoboseyo.. Wrong number!’ Micky said and hung up the phone.
Nice.. Micky thought to himself.. If they didn’t have suspicions, then they might have them now!
‘Micky.. don’t blame yourself, their timing is just off.. Anyone can call a wrong number, right?’ Hero said, knowing the workings of Micky’s brain much longer than the rest of you did..
‘You’re right hyung.. but I can’t help to feel that they might have found out..’ Micky answered.
After that was said, Hero and Micky saw the Bandas come out of the house.
They did not have the president with them, nor his wife or children.
The four of the Bandas got into a van and drove off.
Hero started the engine and drove past them, on a safe distance.

You shifted your attention to U-know and Xiah.
They were under your protection, or surveillance, considering you could only call out to them when danger was ahead.
U-know and Xiah were going inside the building.
You had a strange feeling about this.
Although you had seen all four of them coming out of the building, you couldn’t shake off the feeling that something wasn’t right.
Before you could give your warning, the first alerts were there..
Xiah had run into a trap and U-know was currently fighting against two guys.
Luckily the guys seemed to have no guns or knives with them.
One of them seemed to be very skilled though.
Although he wasn’t that tall, his fighting style had lots of Martial Arts movements in it, making U-know have a hard time fighting against him.
The other one wasn’t as skilled, but he was tall and flexible, he seemed rather young though.
Somehow the less skilled one reminded you of Max.
Without being able to help Xiah and U-know, you stared at the monitor, wishing them to be safe again.
Your staring was interrupted by Max, who suddenly gripped your head and pushed you down with your head onto his knees.
‘What are you do-..’ you started.
‘Shh.. They are close to our van.. Remember, our van tells them we are butchers, but there’s no way a girl like you is in the butcher’s business!’ Max whispered.
You were stunned, Max was right of course, but how did he remember?
‘You’re really professional! I would have forgotten the van to read “An everyday need: a delicious piece of meat!”..’ you grinned, with the back of your head still on his knees.
‘Are they gone yet?’ You asked as Max gently his fingers through your hair, massaging your skull.
Since when did his nosophobia allow him to do all of this anyway?
‘Eh..’ Max looked out of the window and let go of your hair.
‘They are gone..’ Max mumbled.
In his voice you thought you could hear a little bit of sadness, but it was discretely disguised under a layer of sheer relief.
You turned your attention to the screens again..
First your eyes grew wide, the trap was empty and you couldn’t find Xiah anywhere!
Then a smile broke out on your face as Xiah appeared on screen, fighting alongside U-know.
Somehow the guy had freed himself in the few minutes that you didn’t look at the screens!
Then, without a warning, screen after screen turned black..
Max and you eyed each other in horror.
Now the mission had fallen apart and there was no longer control, back up or protection..
Trying the communication system you soon found out all connection had failed and there was no way you could contact the others now.
Out of utter helplessness and shock you couldn’t stop your tears from escaping your eyes.
All of your brothers were in big trouble except Max.
A pair of arms closed around your shoulders, Max’ first hug..

________~END OF CHAPTER 17~________

Now wasn't that a silent confession or what? XD

Ps: the two guys attacking Xiah and U-know were MinHo and SungMin ;) I think you could guess SungMin, but I wasn't to sure MinHo came out clear... ^^