Making the headlines

Operation Banda

‘Eh… KiBum, we’re…’ HanKyung tried to explain, but knew it wasn’t going to make KiBum happy.
HanKyung’s limited grasp on the Korean language didn’t make it much easier.
‘Oh, stop making excuses! I heard them too many times!’ KiBum moved his hand as to wave off blowing dust in front of him. ‘Now what were you guys doing here, since the president isn’t present? I suppose you were going to check the connection of the cameras in the Blue House? No need to, I’ll check them!’
KiBum took his place behind the desk, while HanKyung and EunHyuk exchanged looks and tried to hint each other in telling KiBum the purpose of their visit.

‘Well, actually…’ EunHyuk started.
‘If you’re just going to stand there you’re wasting your time! Is HeeChul back yet?’ KiBum interrupted, clearly not interested in whatever it was EunHyuk was trying to bring so carefully.
‘No, HeeChul is still gone without a trace. He hasn’t contacted us either.’ HanKyung replied.
‘I don’t need him anymore, I can do this easily without him!’ KiBum scoffed and focused on the screen of the computer, HeeChul’s computer. ‘You two, go check on the presidential family, then report me on their hypnotic progress. I want to take the first test tomorrow!’
EunHyuk and HanKyung swallowed, unable to go against him now, they nodded and turned around to tell the others KiBum was back…
‘Oh, and HanKyung, about you calling me a rascal…’ KiBum started as HanKyung froze in his tracks and turned around, beet red.
He knows Chinese?! EunHyuk thought.
‘Y-yeah?’ HanKyung asked.
‘Don’t disrespect me like that in the future.’ KiBum said, looking HanKyung straight into his eyes.
The words weren’t that intimidating, but the look on KiBum’s face made HanKyung feel like a small squirrel, while he was taller than KiBum and he was standing, while KiBum was sitting.
‘I-I won’t…’ HanKyung almost whispered.

That morning you awoke late, the day had started some time ago, but you had snuggled deep into the sheets on you new bed.
‘Good morning, sleepy head!’ Hero greeted you and ruffled your hair when you finally stepped into the kitchen to eat breakfast.
Surprisingly all the others were there too, just starting on their breakfast.
Max ate quietly, but quickly, completely focused on the task at hand, Xiah was eating quite loudly and chatting to no-one in particular, while Micky was doing everything in a relaxed and rather slow tempo and U-know was reading the newspaper.
Hero had been awake longest and was doing some house chores.
Sometimes Hero seemed more like an umma to you than an oppa and colleague.
He seemed an umma to all of you, actually.
‘Hey! There’s news about the president in the newspaper!’ U-know suddenly said, raising his voice a little. ‘Hear this: President suffers from STD.’ He said as he recited the headline of the front page.
‘Woah?!’ Xiah said, dropping his spoon, while you raised your eyebrows, Micky looked up from his plate and Hero walked into the kitchen.
‘Yah, I’m eating…’ Max stated annoyed because of the topic during breakfast.
‘In the past few weeks presidential appointments have been canceled and delayed for at that time unknown reasons. Only recently, reporters have found out that all this time the president has been suffering from an STD. The “ually Transmitted Disease” in question is the highly infectious Hepatitis B virus, according to a representative of the Blue House.’ U-know continued reciting.
Max groaned a little by being ignored, but kept on eating nonetheless.
‘Who would guess the president to catch something so scandalous?’ Xiah said, struggling not to break out in laughter.
‘I definitely never saw that one coming!’ Micky agreed.
‘I think nobody does…’ you grinned.
‘Did you know…’ U-know started his “you know” session which had earned him his mission name.
‘…Hepatitis B causes liver inflammation and can create lumps of damaged tissue, you can die from it!’ U-know spoke enthusiastically, with the same intonation he would use to announce he’s going on a vacation to his dream destiny.
Max almost barfed up his food as images flooded his mind and his nosophobia reacted upon it.
With his left hand covering his mouth he ran out of the kitchen.
Breathing in the cooler air of the hallway, his nausea died down, but he didn’t want to go back inside, so he went to his room, where an unread comic book was waiting for him.

JiYa and TaeMin both worked hard, TaeMin was fixing a fence and JiYa was picking cherries.
Luckily for both of them, they worked in neighboring backyards, so they were able to see each other during the day and at lunch time they would eat together as the neighbors were good friends and always spend that time of day together.
‘Fighting~!’ JiYa chanted from out of the cherry tree as she started picking the upper ones.
The old woman she was working for chuckled and handed her a bucket to drop the cherries in.
TaeMin returned the cheer as he began securing a beautifully cut wooden fence piece into the ground.

When EunHyuk and HanKyung arrived back at the three walled prisoners cottage, they saw KangIn constructing a wall with wooden boards and screws, using an automatic screwdriver he had always stored in his car for some reason.
LeeTeuk was shouting directions, tips, hints and whatnot at KangIn while he was trying his best to create a wall with a “door” in it.
‘We are back~!’ EunHyuk yelled.
‘Did you break HeeChul’s computer already?’ LeeTeuk turned his attention to EunHyuk.
‘No…’ EunHyuk said and looked at his shoes.
‘We have a problem… KiBum is back and he wants to go on with the plan he originally made…’ HanKyung explained.
‘Crap… So you didn’t break HeeChul’s computer because KiBum was there?’ LeeTeuk asked.
EunHyuk and HanKyung nodded.
At that point YeSung skipped to them and hugged EunHyuk from behind.
‘We’re going to make it!’ He yelled, next to Hyuk’s ear.
‘Not really… KiBum’s back…’ HanKyung said while EunHyuk was touching his ear to test if he could still hear well.

After LeeTeuk had told everyone what happened, YeSung spoke up.
‘You’ll have to go back and tell KiBum he’s either in or out the new plan!’ He stated firmly, nodding to himself as well.
‘Why does it have to be us, KiBum can be so scary!’ EunHyuk complained.
‘KangIn and I are building the cottage wall.’ LeeTeuk excused himself and KangIn.
All eyes focused on YeSung and SungMin.
‘We can’t… We have to watch over the presidential family!’ YeSung said.
SungMin looked at YeSung and didn’t think they were really needed, but agreed with him not to have to face KiBum.
‘What if they might wake up and we’re not around?’ YeSung reasoned, knowing all too well that wasn’t ever just going to happen.
Sighing HanKyung and EunHyuk accepted their task and went back to their car, ready to confront KiBum.

‘Do you think the president is really sick?’ You asked Hero when the two of you walked to the market to buy groceries.
Hero thought for a moment before answering.
‘I don’t know what Banda’s been up to, but if he’s sick, they wouldn’t report about it, I think it’s a lie to cover up his absence…’
You nodded, thinking his words over.

‘Ah man… Why did you have to say it was Hepatitis B virus? Have you seen the headlines today?’ MinHo asked JongHyun.
‘Sorry, it the first thing that came to mind that was other than a terminal disease…’ JongHyun apologized.
‘HBV is lethal when it’s not treated…’ SiWon butted in, when he had finally ended a call with the umpteenth curious journalist of today.
‘Really? I didn’t know…’ JongHyun reacted, only now understanding how big an issue their lie had become due to his explanation to the press.

________~END OF CHAPTER 37~________

^^ This chapter is a little boring perhaps... but enjoy anyway! ;)
and if it's not too much of a burden, leave a comment or subscribe (if you haven't done so already) LOL [=