Paying the squat a visit

Operation Banda

When Xiah answered all of your questions and told all the details of the story multiple times, you decided you would visit the squat tomorrow..
It was almost completely dark outside and you were quite tired.
Yawning uncontrollably you decided you should better go to sleep.
You wished your oppas good night, giving them all a hug and waving at Max, you headed for your room..
Tomorrow was going to be an exciting day!

~ The next day.. ~

‘Wake up~! Wake up~!’
Hero was trying to wake you up, but you dreamed so deeply..
You thought you dreamed about a vital solution for the case you started to work on yesterday..
It was impossible of course that you had a solution, since you didn’t find out the problem yet.
Although you were certain you would find out today!
Realizing how exciting today would be, you shot up in your bed..
*BAM*
‘AISH! Will you open your eyes first before getting up?’ Hero was brushing his forehead with one of his hands..
Your forehead was hurting too..
‘Mianhe, oppa..’ you said.
‘It’s okay, I’m fine, but you’d better get dressed now, I’ll prepare breakfast.’ Hero said while turning to the door and making his way out.

While you changed to your clothes you heard Hero waking all others up..
You heard Micky and Max fight over who was to use the shower first and U-know who yelled about missing his favorite pair of socks..
Through all of this, you heard Xiah’s snoring in the room next to yours.
When all of you were in the kitchen to eat breakfast, an hour had passed..
You ate your breakfast quickly and Hero let you help him doing the dishes.

Then it was finally time for you to go investigate!
You went with 2 vans of PCF, Xiah driving the first van, taking Max and Micky and U-know driving the second van taking Hero and you..

During the car drive you all put on your portable head phone..
Max would stay in the first van, doing all technical stunts.
He was your whiz kid.
Anything cyber? He knew what it was and how it worked!
Besides, someone with nosophobia-like habits would never consider the possibility of having to crawl around, searching between other people’s junk and stuff like that..

The rest of you got out.
U-know was the leader on most missions, but because Xiah had discovered these potential criminals, it was in all your advantage he should take the lead.
Xiah apparently felt great having the lead over this mission, because he kept testing the system.
‘Flower, U-know, Hero, Micky, Max.. You hear me?’
*The five of you all sighed*
Then you all shout something back into your head phones at the same time..
You=‘DEH!’ U-know=‘Cut it out!’ Hero=‘Loud and clear!’ Micky=‘I’m next to you!’ Max=‘All lamps are red, don’t overload this system!’

Realization..
Your job was no joke, so you shouldn’t behave like this..
Soon Xiah started to take up his role as the leader.
He gave you all a little speaker to place at different places inside the squat.
‘Remember, you can’t move anything or leave marks.. If they notice something, we lose them..’
Xiah reminded you all.
Then he started telling everyone what to do..
‘U-know, Hero and Micky, you go in at the back of the squat and place your speakers on strategic places on the upper floor of the squat. Flower you come with me, we go in at the front of the squat, I’ll tell you were to place your speaker.. Max?’
‘Max here, what is it Xiah?’
‘Can you put on the speakers on my word? Then we can test them right away.’
‘Of course, my beloved friend!’
‘Keep it professional, over..’ Xiah shook his head..

Then the real work began..
You followed Xiah entering the slum where the squat was located.
It was late in the morning in April, but the slum was cold and made you feel very uncomfortable..
You stayed close to Xiah, who seemed to get more and more excited..
At a certain point you started holding his hand.
The slum gave you shivers down your back.
When you arrived at the squat Xiah and you went to stand on either side of the door, a gun in your hands, pointing at the sky.
Xiah looked at you and then gave you the sign, you should kick the door open now.
Once you kicked it open Xiah went inside and you followed him, covering his back.
After scanning the rooms Xiah stated the squat was empty.
‘All clear, you can come in from the back now..’ He reported to U-know.
As soon as he said so, you could hear a door get kicked from the other side of the squat.
U-know and co went upstairs, while Xiah and you stayed downstairs to place the speakers.
Once you placed them at the right places and checked whether they worked, the real fun, or rather the real job begun..
Max didn’t have to do anything any longer so his function changed from whiz kid into guardian..
He was on the lookout, while the rest of you were scanning the squat for clues or information.
If someone may come near the slum, Max would report it immediately.

There was not much in the squat..
You and Xiah were investigating the lower floor.
It had a big room, something like a living room, but in “garage-style”.
This supposed living room had a concrete floor and moldy walls, it looked in nothing like it probably would have looked before it had gotten deserted..
In the middle of the room was a big circle of old blankets.
On the blankets lay several empty cans of energy drink..
Where they all still kids, or did they think of these meetings as business meetings?
You walked around the blankets to see if you could find anything.
Nothing but carelessly spread blankets with Scottish patterns and empty energy drink cans..
Next item..
In the corner was a refrigerator, one that had enough space for two bodies to lay in, with the opening on top.
Something inside you yelled: ‘DEAD BODY ALERT!!’..
Yet you had to open it..
Xiah was scanning through another room on the lower floor, you were expected to leave no places uninvestigated in this room.
By the way, you really wanted to do well in this mission!
You mentally prepared yourself for the sight you might get from lifting the refrigerator’s lid.
Energy drinks..
It was filled to the lid, with energy drinks..
You were seriously doubting their age now..
Really how old could they be when they were energy drink addicts?!

Suddenly your head phone roared softly..
The voice of Max was coming out in a whisper.
‘Guys, someone is walking through the slum now.. I think she isn’t heading for the squat, but make sure you stay unnoticed.. I’ll keep you informed about her actions..’
The roaring stopped..
The presence of someone who shouldn’t be there gave you an adrenaline kick.
Although Max doubted that someone other than us entered the squat, the possibility remained..
And it made you anxious..

________~END OF CHAPTER 4~________

So, how was the first bit of actual action? =)