Xiah's discovery

Operation Banda

‘I’m going to make you a kimchi-pie!’ Hero announced at 6 p.m.
‘Yoohoo!’ you cheered, Hero’s kimchi-pie was the nicest you ever tasted!

10 minutes later..

‘XIAH!! Will you go to the evening market? I want to make kimchi-pie but there are no more greens! My fingers are already in the dough..’ Hero asked when Xiah entered the kitchen to get himself a cookie.
Max stuck his head around the corner, then looking at Hero’s sticky hands..
‘Ugh..’
Gone was Max.
‘Fine, I’ll go..’ Xiah sighed.
‘By the way, it smells nice!’
Gone was Xiah too.
You were in the kitchen, asking to help him prepare the pie.
‘I’m going to make YOU a pie, you shouldn’t help..’ Hero laughed..
‘You can go keep U-know company.. I think I saw him standing in front of your mirror..’
That was enough to get you running to the mirror.

When you came to the mirror U-know stood in front of it, grinning at you..
You knew something was going on, but you couldn’t tell what, since U-know wouldn’t step aside..
He was just grinning strangely.
Max opened his door to go to the bathroom, able to see the mirror..
‘Ugh!’
Max went inside the bathroom..
‘Let me see!’ you yelled.
‘You must have done something to the mirror for Max to react this way!’
‘It doesn’t take much for Max to react this way’ U-know said.
He had a point..
‘Then let me see!’
U-know bent his head and stepped aside..
‘Okay..’ he looked guilty..
What you saw made your jaw drop.
You didn’t know how to react..
Should you be mad, because he used your lipstick?
Or should you laugh, because his “painting” was so childish, but creative?
You chose the latter and laughed until your belly hurt..
He had drawn his own portrait, mirrored and with a crazy expression on his face..
How did he get this idea?!
You took out your cell phone and took a picture.
‘Yah! Will you delete that?’ U-know asked.
‘Na-ah!’ you shook your head..
‘You shouldn’t use my lipstick and paint yourself on my mirror! Basically, this painting is mine!’
You looked at his sad expression.
He knew you had a point..
‘Just, don’t show it to the others..’ U-know pouted.
‘Max has seen it.’ you said, challenging..
U-know rolled his eyes.
‘You know he won’t talk about “filthy things”..’
There U-know had a point again..
Was this going to be a competition?
Well U-know should wash your mirror!
‘Here!’ you said, handing over a cleaning-cloth to U-know.
‘I’ll show the picture to the others, if you don’t wash my mirror!’
U-know sighed and started to scrub.

An hour later..

You went to check how Hero was doing..
The dough was in the refrigerator, ready to be used for further process..
If only Xiah was back with the greens.
Where is Xiah?
‘Is Xiah crawling to the market or what?!’
Hero was clearly a bit pissed off, worried without doubt too..
You didn’t know what took him so long..
‘I’m hungry and since I can’t finish that kimchi-pie, we’ll just have instant noodles!’
Hero was muttering, half to himself, half to you..
When something was wrong, Hero always ate instant noodles, on other occasions he would surprise everyone with home cooked meals that looked like restaurant servings!

“Ping”.
The noodles where done..
Everybody except Xiah sat at the table.
You started to get really worried, Xiah never took long to get home..
He loved to be at home, playing a computer game he was addicted to.
Micky would have been a completely different story..
If Micky left the house, he would easily feel like entering a club and not leave it for a few hours..
Leaving you to have instant noodles..
He had done that before.
When everybody was done eating Max had disappeared, leaving his chopsticks into the napkin he had used to clean his face, his hands and his place at the table..
Sometimes it looked like he did it on purpose, but that would mean he was really a great actor, playing his role very persistent..

Another hour later..

You heard someone come in through the front door.
Xiah! You thought.
At last!
‘Guys! Hear what I have to tell!’ Xiah walked to the living room where all of you were.
‘You didn’t buy a new game, have you?’ Hero asked, waiting for an explanation for his delay..
Xiah looked a bit offended..
‘No, I have heard some people talking about some things, I think we need to keep track of their plans!’
So, Xiah had found you all a mission..
‘What kind of things were they talking about and what kind of people were they?’ U-know asked.
Finally Max looked up from his comic book..
‘Where were you and what did you do there?’ he asked Xiah..
Xiah raised his hands as a way of saying they needed to be patient and he would explain..
‘I was in a dark slum, nearby a squat, I was walking past when some words caught my attention.. Of course it’s not normal for an empty apartment to contain people, but their conversation really got me stopping in my tracks..’
Everybody was listening to Xiah’s story, all heads where put together, even that of Max..
‘I couldn’t hear them every word, but they talked about the president, something about chloroform.. and something about the alarm system..’ Xiah continued.
‘Who is them? Did you see them?’ you asked.
‘No, they were inside and the windows were covered with bin liner.. I think they were with more than us, at least.. They sounded like they’re male.. I think not everybody spoke though.. There was definitely one leader there, but..’
You saw Xiah think about the number of persons he had heard..
‘They seemed really young, though.. but serious none the less.. I’m certain this wasn’t a joke meeting!’
Silently you all thought the same..
When shall we go to investigate?

________~END OF CHAPTER 3~________

^^ Soon there will be action! =)