Chapter 7

Spring and Fall

 

Bustling sounds and aromas from food fills the air in the cafeteria.  It was time for recess for the seniors, and you were telling about what happened yesterday to both Hyunnie and Bella. When you finished telling everything, Hyunnie and Bella were both speechless. They didn’t know what to say.

“So like, you’re owned?” Bella asked. You nodded with a guilty face. “Why are you so calm about this, ___? This is like, your future we’re talking about!” Hyunnie was mad. She doesn’t like the idea of you getting engaged with the kingka, moreover, he’s not a nice guy, Hyunnie knows. In fact, Hyunnie was opposing your arranged marriage since the very start, she just doesn’t want to show it.

“Yeah I know.. But I don’t feel like saying anything about this anymore..” you said, lowering your head. Hyunnie scowled and crossed her arms. “You had falllen in love with him, right?”. Bella raised her left eyebrow. You lifted up your head and looked at Hyunnie. “W-what? Of course not..” you bit your bottom lip. Hyunnie ‘tch’-ed.

“You know ___, if you like him, you better be honest with yourself” Bella said calmly and gave you a smile. “I don’t know... Maybe.. I do love him.. He’s mean sometimes, but I think he’s good at heart. I knew you both told him about me and Jinyoung, and I guess he told me to stay away from Jinyoung to protect me...” you explained to them. Hyunnie sighed. “Fine. Whatever you say, honey. But if he ever hurts you, you gotta tell us right away okay?” Hyunnie said with a gangstah look. You giggled and nodded. “Okay let’s just eat, shall we?” you said, and continued eating your food.

Bella who was mostly quiet, suddenly asked you “Um, ___.. Why did you broke up with Jinyoung?”. You stopped eating and looked at her, surprised. “Eh? Why are you interested?” you asked her back. “Well I’m just curious... He used to be a senior in this school right? We were still not in this school yet at that time though, so... how..?” Bella still wants her question to be answered. “Let’s just say, he loves anything else except me” you said and gave her a warm smile. Hyunnie who knew you were uncomfortable with the question quickly interrupted before Bella could say anything “Come on guys, the bell’s gonna ring~”. The three of you cleaned up and started walking to your class.

During lessons and till the last bell rang, Bella wouldn’t stop asking you about Jinyoung whenever she has the time to do so. You were still tyring to avoid answering her, and you would always try to change the topic instead. When the bell finally rang, and it’s time to go home, you were starting to get irritated. Bella was a quiet girl, why would she be fussy and go all interested in a past relationship of yours?

“Bella, why are you so interested of this Jinyoung?” you asked her, while the three of you were on the way home. Hyunnie decided to not interrupt, but just listen instead. “Ah, well, he’s a nice person, and you’re also a nice person.. So, it’s pretty weird...” Bella answered. “Yes he is a nice person, but I’m not. Wait, do you know him?” you asked her, raising your left eyebrow. Bella shook her head. “O-of course not! It’s not like we’re relatives or something...”.

Hyunnie and you both smirked. “E-eh? Why are you guys smirking?” Bella asked, confused. “Bella dear, I think you had just spilled the beans. Is Jinyoung your cousin? Or your brother?” Hyunnie was about to laugh at Bella’s clumsiness. “W-what? No we’re not-“. “Yes you are, Bella. Come on, tell me~” you . “O-okay well... he’s.. my brother..” Bella looked down to her feet, scared. Hyunnie giggled. You weren’t surprised.

“Well, I thought so. That explains how he knew where my house is” you said. Bella looked guilty. “Aww come on Bella, it’s okay. Why would you feel bad?” said Hyunnie. “It’s okay, ya know. But if you really want to know how we broke up, shouldn’t you just ask him?” you asked Bella. “....yeah. I think I should just ask him..” and both you and Hyunnie giggled again. “Ahh Bella, you’re so cute~” Hyunnie said, still giggling. Bella was, of course, confused. And then it was time to part.

As you wave your goodbyes, you quickly walked home. All those talking had made you forgot about how hard you used to cry because of Jinyoung. And then you remembered about the gift he gave you. You reached home, got in and went up quickly upstairs.

What if Changjo knew about this gift? And talking about Changjo, you haven’t saw him at school today. You decided to call him later. You opened the drawer of your study table and took the little box and put it in the table. You don’t know why, but your hands suddenly turned cold. What’s in the box?

To be continued...

********************************************************

Hello there guys ~ Sorry for the late update. Tomorrow's Monday urghhh. Well I hope I still can update as often. Thanks for reading and subscribing! :D

p.s: Teen Top's new MV is just so ajshaksjgsajfs /dies/ hahaha