Chapter 32

Spring and Fall

You sat up and looked at the person who was entering the room. The lights from the hallway made its way in the room. Changjo was surprised to see that you were still awake, and his hands began to get cold from nervousness.

“Changjo? Where have you been? It’s almost 2am in the morning” you asked, blinking at him. That was the last question he wanted to hear. “Why aren’t you asleep yet?” Changjo avoided the question. He took off his shoes and avoided your gaze. You narrowed your eyes and said, “I woke up because I was hungry, and you weren’t on your bed. Where did you go? Answer me, Choi Jonghyun”.

Changjo closed the door and the room was dim and dark again. You could hear Changjo sigh. “Sorry that I went out without telling you. I helped my friend... uh, he got in an accident” he said. You couldn’t really see his face, and you couldn’t determine whether he’s lying or not. “Really? You should at least wake me up and ask me to go with you” you said with an angry voice.

You could hear Changjo’s bed creak as he sat on the edge of it, and said “I’m really sorry. I would tell you next time okay? Now sleep. You wanted to go to Tokyo Disneyland, right?”. You were so mad. He was taking this lightly, and something tells you that he’s lying. You didn’t answer him, but lied back on the bed instead. You pull the blanket over and tried to sleep, facing the wall on your left. To mess with a girl this time of the month is so wrong. You slept with both anger and worry in your heart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Changjo woke up and saw that you were already combing your hair while sitting on your bed. You have that scary expressionless face on, so he decided not to bother you. He got up, took his towel and went into the bathroom to get washed up. He knew that you were still mad.

You put your comb away and stood up, going to the window. You pushed the curtain away and looked outside. You didn’t know what to think. Seeing the city from this high up won’t calm you at all. You were still mad, and you didn’t know how the hell you could easily sleep last night. Asking Changjo about these things would be useless, as you couldn’t tell if he lies or not.

You looked over your shoulder and saw Changjo’s phone on his bed. You glanced at the bathroom door and predicted that he won’t get out anytime soon. You quickly grabbed his phone and look at it, sitting on your own bed. You tried to open the inbox of messages, but there was a password lock. You grunted. You then went to the call log, and your eyes widen in surprise.

There were several calls from some people, but the name that called the most was stated as ‘J.N’. You furrowed your eyebrows and thought for a while. “J.N? .....Joona?” you voiced out your thought, your heart was starting to feel uneasy. Suddenly the phone vibrated and the ringtone plays loud. You almost dropped the phone from shock. The caller was ‘J.N’. Without hesitation, you accepted the call. You also heard that Changjo had turned off the shower.

Regardless of the moment, you put the phone on your ear and waited for the person on the other line to talk. “Yoboseyo? Oppa, are you there? Joona here~ Let’s go out again today”. You felt your heart drop right at that time. Your breath hitched, and as Changjo walked out of the bathroom fully dressed, you dropped his phone on the floor, unconsciously. His eyes widen in shock, and he could see the flames in your eyes.

You looked at him, waiting if he has anything to say. He gulped and slowly came near to take the phone from the floor, and you eyed him. The atmosphere was tense, and your stare was scary as hell to him. Changjo avoided any eye contact with you, and you decided to speak up.

“Joona called just now. Ooh, are you guys having a date?” you said mockingly, crossing your legs and your arms. Changjo averted your gaze again and answered, “What? She called? I thought I told her not to bother me anymore”. You stood up and looked at him, frowning. “Yeah, you told her alright, last night when you brought her in her hotel when she was drunk” your words came out flawlessly. Changjo stared at you, widening his eyes.

“W-What?” he stuttered. You clicked your tongue, “Choi Jonghyun. Tell me, all this while, you didn’t go to see your ‘friend’”, you starting to raise your voice, “you went to see your ex-girlfriend!”. He was taken aback. “Yah, do you even know what you’re saying!” he argued back.

“Tell me why I was wrong, if you dare! Just stop lying!” you fought back. Changjo grunted and has gotten mad too. “Okay! I had been seeing her all this while, because she needed help, and that is all!” his voice was loud and echoed in the room. You felt your heart being broken into pieces. “Y-you lied to me, j-just to see her...?” your voice was shaky, “Really, Changjo? Even leaving me in the middle of the night, just to help her? You could have told me, and I could go with you” you looked down, biting your bottom lip.

A wave of guilt hit Changjo like a big ocean wave. But with his ego, he still doesn’t want to back down. “Will you really go with me? Yeah right. You’ve been pissing me off these few days, and you expect me to go help her, with you? What a joke!” he scoffed. Your heart felt like being ripped. “Fine, let’s break up! I didn’t want this vacation nor our engagement anyways!” you finally said, looking at him with watery eyes.

He doesn’t seem to care anymore. Instead, he fought back. “You think I want this engagement? Hell no! You weren’t even a nice girl to begin with”. You clenched your teeth and look at your engagement ring on your finger, before pulling it out without hesitation. You held it in your finger and spoke in a more calmed voice. “This is it, Choi Jonghyun. You asked for it. Go give this to some other that deserve it” you spoke and threw the ring over his bed. He looked at the ring and looked at you, blinking furiously.

You wiped your tears and took your handbag, pushing him away as you went to open the door. “At least Joona doesn’t raise her voice to her guy” Changjo mocked you as he glanced at you from your shoulder. “Yeah, evil es are for stupid damned guys, and you deserve it. Have fun with life” you said calmly and went out of the room, closing the door loudly behind you. Changjo shouted angrily in the room and sat on the edge of the bed, burying his face in his hands.

Your eyes weren’t that red, fortunately. You went in the elevator, and unexpectedly, the elevator stopped at yesterday’s floor, and came in Joona with her weird sense of fashion, as you would always call it. You glanced at her for a bit then gave a scary smirk. She distanced herself from you, feeling the tensed atmosphere.

The elevator was getting near to the ground floor, when you suddenly said “Thanks a lot Joona, you’ve been a wonderful person in breaking my relationship. Have a nice day ahead of you with a car hitting you or something” you said and went out of the elevator when the door opened, leaving Joona in a surprised state, wide open.

When you were out of the hotel, you walked quickly to wherever your legs move to. After a few minutes, you were in a park and sitting on a bench, looking over a beautiful lake. Your emotions started to get mixed, and before you know it, you cried, burying your face in your hands.

You didn’t know how long you cried. You just want to let it all out. How dare he lied to you. How dare he lied to you just to see that . Why is life being unfair, just as you thought you got all the happiness you need? Out of all the times you have, why now? Why does it has to happen on a summer vacation, in your favourite country?

Suddenly, a figure came near you. “Excuse me?” the voice made you look up, and without notice, you hugged the figure without thinking anything anymore.

To be continued...

***************************************************

Hello~ Some of you guys wanted to see some conflict so here you go HA. What am I even saying orz maybe because it's Monday and I'm tired hahaha. You know... I have a thing for love quarrels... Love quarrels are cute... I know I'm weird hahaha please bear with me for now xD

Changjo's concept photo omg ashfksdjgjklk so handsome omg ;;;;; Excited for the other's concept photos too weeeeeee.

Sorry for the ramblings hahaha. Anyways, thanks a lot guys for reading! And for subscribing!! And for commenting!!! Love you~ 

See ya in the next chapter, byyong~