Chapter 13

Spring and Fall

 

Both you and Jinyoung stood in silence. You were lowering your head, not wanting to look at him. He was staring down at you, and you were pretty sure he was thinking of what to say.

“___ .. you’re here...” Jinyoung said, smiling slightly. “Uhm, I’m sorry Jinyoung, I have to move now..” you told him. He was pretty much blocking your way, and you have to move away quickly before Changjo comes back. “Are you here with someone?” he asked, still not moving. You were getting annoyed. “That’s none of your business” you answered him, harshly.

“...did you change your phone number? And you moved house too?” more questions. You took a deep breath, calming yourself down. You looked up to him. “Yes, I changed my phone number and I moved. Now if you excuse me...” you were holding your anger. He still won’t move. “___...”

You clicked your tongue. “Yahh, Jinyoung! I told you to move! I have places to go!” your voice was loud. You were mad and annoyed, and thinking about how he had hurt you before, makes it even worst. If he hates you now, that’s better. He was taken aback.

Suddenly the both of you heard the sound of footsteps, came from behind Jinyoung. The both of you looked, and were surprised. It was Changjo. He cleared his throat. “___, what took you so long?” Changjo asked you, smiling sarcastically. He looked over to Jinyoung, and his smile faded.  “And you. I thought I told you to stay away from my life? Do you want to take away everyone from me?” he said, raising his left eyebrow. Jinyoung didn’t answer, but you could tell that he wanted to fight back, but couldn’t.

Jinyoung moved a bit, and you quickly walked towards Changjo, passed by him and made your way to the cashier counter. You don’t wanna get involved with them, but you were curious of what’s happening between them. But you just lost your mood, so you decided to be quiet. Changjo came beside you and paid for everything and the both of you went out of the shop. When you were walking to the carpark, you noticed that Changjo bought something. It was in a cute pink paper bag. You don’t plan on asking him about it too.

You saw the Choi’s family car and quickly got in at the backseat. You grunted. You were so mad at that time till the way home to the point that Changjo didn’t talk to you at all. Looks like you’re just going home and not going anywhere...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a cold night. You just had a shower, and your head has somehow cooled down. You were grateful that there wasn’t any homework that needs to be done. You sat on your bed, drying your hair with a towel. “What a day...” you sighed. “Out of anyone and anywhere, why does it have to be Jinyoung in that exact shop? Even if we met, it’s not like anything would be solved. He would just annoy me!” you spoke out your thoughts loudly, like you always do.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. You handed the towel and quickly went to the door, opening it. It was Changjo. You were surprised. “Uhm, yes?” you asked him. “...may I come in?” he asked back. “Ah, sure..” you let him in.

He got in your room and sat on your bed. You closed the door behind you and looked at him. He was wearing a black t-shirt and pyjama pants, like he always do. Changjo looked back at you. “Are you okay, ___?” he sounded worried. You walked to the bed and sat beside him. “Yeah, I think so...” you tried to sound normal. Deep down inside, you were feeling uncomfortable. He wasn’t being sarcastic or anything, he seemed... nice.

 “You were really trying to stay away from Jinyoung..” he was staring blankly at the floor. You scratched your head. “Eh..? I don’t understand...”. Changjo turned his head and looked at you in the eyes. “Honestly, I thought you were like other girls, that would go back to her ex, nor like the girls who would cry whenever they see their ex. But you’re different.... Rather than cry, you were mad... How exactly... can you get over it?”. You were speechless. Is this the real Changjo?

“Well... yeah. Why should I cry? I had enough with him. Besides, I have a fiancé to take care of. All you have to think about is the future. The past is the past” you said, giving him a warm smile. Changjo smiled back at you, and you were sure that it was his most sincere smile.

“May I ask, is the reason you treat me harshly, was because of...?” you tilted your head. “Nee. I thought you were like other girls. Heh, I’m sorry..” Changjo curled his lips, looking down. “Ahh, well, would you treat me nicely from now on?” you . He looked into your eyes again. “Yes, of course” he nodded. You smiled again, and your heart was fluttering. He just made your night.

Changjo stood up and went towards the door. “Well, it was fun talking to you. We should start being friends.. Goodnight.”. You nodded and smiled happily as he went out of the door. When you closed the door, you squealed like a fangirl. Changjo was a nice guy after all! You hugged the penguin that had been bought earlier. Yes, now you love him. You really do.

Changjo went into his room and was confused of himself. He took his phone and dialled Ricky’s number. “Changhyun ah, I feel weird after talking to her just now... And my heart was thumping quickly..” he said, confused. “So you decided to be nice to her?” Ricky asked, and he was sounding like he was eating something. “Well, she’s different from other girls.. I feel the urge to protect her... And just now I noticed, she’s my ideal type.. She’s cute, and she has an aegyo voice and...” “Aish, Jonghyun ah, have you fallen for her?” “Fallen for her...?”

To be continued...

**************************************************

Hello thurr guys! It's been a while. I'm having school holidays now, but I can't promise anything though. But anyway, I decided to somewhat change the direction of the story hahaha. Some of my readers had always wanted Changjo to be nice, so... here you go. I hope he'll be nice in the next chapters too hurhur.

Anyways, thanks for reading and subscribing! See ya in the next chapter. Bye~