Epilogue

Spring and Fall

It was a windy Saturday evening. The cold wind brushed upon your face again that day, making you shiver slightly. It was finally fall again, and you were resting at a bench at the park. The park was a meaningful place for you, as it holds a lot of memories with the people that you love. You held up your hand, staring at the ring on your finger. For a few moments, you were lost in thoughts. And finally, you let out a sigh.

All of a sudden, a kid came out of nowhere and sat beside you. You looked over to him and blinked for a few seconds, before wrapping your arms around his little shoulders and pulled him close in a warm hug. “Omma…” the kid voiced out as he hugged you tighter. You let go of him and smiled, “I miss you so much Jonghyun-ah. You’ve grown so much since I saw you last spring”. “It was an unforgettable wedding, wasn’t it?” a female voice said, and you quickly stood up to greet her with a hug.

The both of you then took a seat at the bench as Jonghyun sat between the two of you. “Long time no see, Yoomi unnie! How are you?” you asked with a smile. “I’ve been busier as a CEO since your husband took in the seat as the vice-president at the company. You should come in and work soon or I make him do a lot more work than he should.” she said, giving a playful evil laugh. You giggled, thinking how fun she was. Maybe this is the reason why the Choi siblings always bicker, for fun.

Not long after talking with Yoomi and playing once in a while with Jonghyun, you saw a couple walking towards the two of you. You quickly waved and called out to them, “Jinyoung, Joona! Annyeong~”. They waved back and you stood up to greet them. Yoomi greeted them too, before excusing herself to attend to Jonghyun. “Are you guys here for a walk?” you asked, making Jinyoung and Joona glancing at each other with a big smile plastered on their faces.

“Actually,” Joona started, “we went to a clinic because I wasn’t feeling well these days… And guess what!”. You paused for a while before asking, “Are you… pregnant?”. Joona nodded vigorously and hugged Jinyoung, as she couldn’t content her happiness. You let out a sigh of relief and congratulated them. Just then, Changjo arrived out of nowhere and came beside you, quickly butting in the conversation.

“Whoa, this is no joke! I thought we married earlier than them?” Changjo joked, making the couple laugh. You were about to say something when Yoomi unnie came back towards you, holding Jonghyun’s little hand in hers. “You guys got married just this summer right? That’s really great!,” she praised, “But what about you two? I thought you guys got married in spring? Mom wants a grandchild, you know”. You were lost for words, and Changjo quickly answered his sister, “We’re still trying, really hard. So don’t worry”. A blush crept upon your face and you gave him a light punch on his side, making him wince.

“Since this is good news, why don’t you guys join us for dinner tonight? We’re celebrating Changjo’s birthday.” you said, changing the topic. You were still trying to hold in your embarrassment. “Ah, we’re so sorry but we can’t. We’ll be going back to our parent’s house to deliver this happy news. Happy birthday anyway, Changjo! And we’re sorry again…” Joona said, feeling bad. “Eh that’s okay! We truly understand. Congrats again, guys” you said, and Joona was finally relieved. “We’re going now. Bye!” Jinyoung waved the three of you as he walked away, hand in hand with Joona.

After losing the sight of them, you quickly hit Changjo’s arm. “Why did you say that? It’s so embarrassing…” you said, holding your still red cheeks. Changjo chuckled as he tried to ease the pain after being hit by you. “I just came back from the washroom and the first topic was about kids. I only say what’s right anyway” Changjo smirked, and you frowned in disapproval. Yoomi who was there, smiled happily seeing the two of you having a cute bickering.

Jonghyun tugged the end of your coat, and you quickly turned your attention away from Changjo. “What is it Jonghyun dear?” you asked, squatting to reach his eye level. You have to admit, he’s gotten taller and looked healthier and smarter than when you took care of him about four years ago. “I’m going home now.” Jonghyun simply said, hugging you. You returned his hug and patted his back. He then went to hug Changjo, and even kissed Changjo’s cheek. You stood up and bowed to Yoomi.

“Thanks for bringing Jonghyun here, even if it’s just for a while and it’s getting dark now. Sorry if it was a burden…” you said, smiling wryly. “Ah it’s okay. The wind around this area is nice too. Taking a walk like this once in a while is nice.” Yoomi said with a warm smile. After a few moments, the two of you waved off Jonghyun and Yoomi.

“Jonghyun’s kindergarten is so near my office. Why would you ask noona to bring him here?” Changjo asked as the two of you started to head home. You glanced at him, “Heh, as if Jonghyun’s real mother would leave him in your care, despite the two of you having the same name. I wanna meet Yoomi unnie because it’s been a while since I saw her. I only get to meet her on our wedding last spring. And it’s autumn now. You see how long it was?” you explained, and you were pretty sure that Changjo was only listening half of it, because he didn’t reply anything. He was probably thinking of something else.

“You know jagiya,” Changjo finally said, “it’s been a few years since we graduated but we just got married this year because we were busy studying in college. But now that we’re married, are you just going to stay at home, waiting to get pregnant?”. What Changjo said shocked you, and you felt annoyed and angry all of a sudden. Changjo stopped in front of you and looked deep into your eyes, and you returned his gaze in a challenging manner.

“I want you to work in the company, Choi ____. I know you don’t want me to set eyes on any other woman, so why don’t you be my secretary? The company’s yours too since our company merged when your grandma passed it down to you. So it’s no harm right?” Changjo said with an innocent smile on his face. You lifted an eyebrow, then shrugged. You are now working part-time as an English tutor, since being in the business field isn’t your kind of job. But seeing how Changjo was eager working, you should really consider working with him.

Just then, Changjo’s phone rang. “Ah, it’s Ricky. Must be about his wedding preparations with Sherry” Changjo simply said, before answering it. Your phone rang suddenly, too. You took it out of your pocket and your face brightened up seeing the caller’s name. “Yoboseyo! Hyunnie!! I miss you!” you happily greeted. Hyunnie who was at the other line, had to distance herself from the phone a bit, as always. “Stop doing that please” Hyunnie sighed. “How’s Canada? Is it a nice place for a honeymoon?” you asked. “I’m here to see my fiancé’s parents, not for honeymoon. But you should pick another country. This place’s mine, okay?” Hyunnie teased, and you laughed. While you were busy talking on the phone, you kinda lost direction and Changjo had to grab your hand and held it tightly, just to make sure that you don’t trip and fall.

As you were getting near to the house, you saw Changjo’s bored face. You knew you should end the call soon. You were actually glad that Changjo had renovated this shared house of yours, and now his bedroom is spacy-er than before, and your room is no more. Obviously, since you have to share and sleep with him. Your house was still as it is, as you want to keep it as a memory forever.

“Hyunnie, you should get married next spring. Since spring is the season of love! Anyway send my regards to Bella. I know she’s there with you somewhere, right?” you said as Changjo opened the door to the house. “Sure,” Hyunnie sighed, “I brought Bella along but then she brought her boyfriend along, too. She said just in case she’s bored. Yeah right. Anyway it’s late here, so I’ll get going. Wish Changjo a happy birthday from us, and good luck for tonight!” Hyunnie said, and just when you were about to ask about ‘tonight’, she quickly ended the call. You sighed and put the phone away at the table as you sat at the couch in the living room.

Changjo suddenly came beside you and smiled cheekily, but you didn’t know what it meant. “Do you want me to cook dinner now to celebrate your birthday? I’ll go now then.” you said and attempted to stand up, when Changjo pulled your wrist so that you were sitting again. You looked at him with a confused expression, and half-suspicious eyes. He stared deep into your eyes with a smirk, before slowly leaning in and pressed his lips against yours. You kissed him back, like a good wife should.

When he pulled away, you looked into his eyes again and smiled. “I heard that you were talking about honeymoon,” Changjo said, “but guess I’m too busy for that. We can go for one during winter, though. I’ll make sure. But now… you know what I want for my birthday?”. You scrunched your eyebrows, pretending to not know anything. “I don’t know. Why don’t you tell me?” you whispered in a low voice, making him smirk. “____-ah.., do you want to have a baby soon? We could try again tonight... because it’s my birthday.” Changjo whispered back, and another blush crept upon your face that day.

Changjo sensually touched your hand, but you gently pulled it back. You stood up and gave him a playful smirk, before going to the stairs. As you were about to go up, you look at the now confused Changjo, still with your smirk. “If you want it, come and get it.” you winked at him, and Changjo quickly stood up and walked to the stairs. Before his feet could even reach the first stair, you quickly ran up to the bedroom as he chased behind you. You laughed out loud when he finally caught you, as you were ‘locked’ tight into his arm. You tickled his sides and he let you go as you ran into the bedroom to the bathroom, and he smirked more. He went inside the bedroom and closed the door, locking it for good.

Deep in your heart, you couldn’t wish for a life any better than this. You were grateful for everything, and you hoped that your life with Changjo from now onwards would stay colourful and fun, forever.

THE END

************************************

Hello everyone!! Wow, I just can’t believe that this story has reached its ending, seriously man. I hoped that this one suits your tastes, although the ending was a bit… *coughs*. Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed the ending as much as I enjoy typing it out for you guys!! (If you don’t like reading long stuff just skip to the veryyyy end of this long paragraph)

Since I have time here, I’m going to talk about some things hehehe. First of all, I made this back in February and wow it’s November already! Almost December, I should say. I even went through my national exam this year so I could say that this fanfic had gone through thick and thin with me lol because I do think it is!

This fanfic was a huge leapt from my recent one, because I think my recent fanfic only took like, a few months? I’m honestly still new at everything and I think I improved a bit from “I Will Love You Forever” (if you don’t know, that’s my very first fanfic ever). Either way, I’m proud of what I write. You should be proud of what you write too! And please, just please, STOP REVAMPING YOUR FANFIC. PLEASE JUST BE GRATEFUL OF WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN AND LOVE IT FOR WHAT IT IS. REVAMPING FRUSTATES ME SO MUCH SERIOUSLY. (if you’re an owner of a poster shop than revamping is your business ok). If you still feel like revamping then ask for a nearby help to read it and encourage you to do better, AND NOT REVAMP IT. JUST DON’T.

As you may know, I’m working on another fanfic too. Yeah it’s for a different fandom, but the genre is a super contrast to this one. Spring and Fall is more to romance, drama and normal life while B&B is more to dark, supernatural kind of stuff… but it still sticks to the drama. So I’m actually… just a little bit more proud of myself because I was able to overcome being stressed of these two different concepts hehehe.

One thing that frustrates me is that I just couldn’t make a fluffy sweet story. Okay let me be honest here, this fanfic was attempted to be fluffy and cute with cotton candy and balloons but this fanfic ended up being all thorny and dramatic I can’t even ;;; You get what I’m saying, right? One thing that I kinda hit my head on the wall for is, this is an arranged marriage fanfic but THEY ONLY GET MARRIED BY THE EPILOGUE AND ALL THROUGH THIS WAS JUST AN ENGAGEMENT T_T

Anyway! If it weren’t for you guys, I wouldn’t even be here to update until the last chapter. This is cliché, but each one of you is important to me. You guys get me going, and I’m very thankful and grateful for that. Thank you so so so much for all your support for this fanfic, and I’m so sorry if I ever offended you in any way. For all my readers, subscribers and commentators, you guys are the best. I love you guys <3 See ya guys in any future fanfic I’m making later... if I’m up for it. Oh, sequel? How about next year? ;) Sorry that this is too long, I just had to let it out. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! SARANGHAEYOOOO!

p/s: B&B stands for Beauty and The Beasts.