Chapter 12

Spring and Fall

 

The weather was really nice outside, and it was a nice day to go out to have a stroll anywhere. But in your case, it was a nice day for two engaged couples to go have a date together. As you put on your shoes, your heart was beating fast. Going for a date, but went out from the very same house. It almost looked like a married couple rather than engaged. You don’t know why, but you somehow felt nervous. You weren’t this nervous before during your first date with Changjo. You took a deep breath and went outside of the house.

You waited a few minutes outside, looking at the front view from the house. It was all trees and greenery of nature. The air around here was fresh too. It almost felt like you’re in a village. You were starting to like it here. Living here, although pretty far from people, is better, because less people would judge you on whatever you do.

Suddenly you heard the door clicked, so you turned to look. Changjo had come out, and was locking the door. As he turned around, you smiled brightly at him, earning a “what the hell” look from him. “Yahh, are you okay?” he asked you as the both of you walked to the car in front of the house. “Of course I am!” you answered cheerfully and the both of you got in the back seat of the car. As much as he wants to, Changjo is still not legal yet for his own driving license. So the both of you were drove in a car by the driver, heading to a place that you weren’t sure of.

In the car, you’re wondering how to start a conversation with him. You weren’t even a friendly person, and to start a conversation is not easy at all. Plus, a conversation with a guy is much worst, moreover when you don’t know why your heart skips a few beats sometimes. You shook all of your thoughts and took a deep breath, calming yourself down.

“Deep in thought, I suppose?” suddenly Changjo spoke. You turned to look at him. He was staring outside of the window, but how come he just...? “I wasn’t...” you scowled. Changjo chuckled and turned to look at you. Both of your eyes met, and you lowered your head, avoiding his gaze. At that time, you could feel your heart was beating fast. Changjo smirked, and it was as if he knew about what was happening to your heart now.

It was an awkward silence. You still wouldn’t turn to look at Changjo, even though he tried talking some things with you. When the car finally stopped, you quickly got out and looked around. It was in the centre of somewhere in Seoul, but you weren’t really sure where exactly you were. You were mentally slapping yourself for being a fail Korean who doesn’t know much about these places. But you don’t live in Korea since you were born, so yeah. But somehow, you felt familiar with some of the shops.

Changjo who was now standing beside you, grabbed your hand and walked towards the row of shops. You were getting used to this kind of actions. He really doesn’t care about what people would think. You didn’t hold his hand back. You just followed him, not saying anything. You literally looked like an idiot at that time.

Suddenly he stopped in front of a shop. It looked familiar to you. As Changjo let your hand go and went in the shop, you quickly realized. This is the exact shop where you and Jinyoung had the last date. It was here. You were so sure. You stood there in awe, hesitating. Why would Changjo bring you here, out of all places? Suddenly Changjo tapped the glass door from inside, calling you to come in. You quickly pushed the glass door of the gift shop.

The shop looked pretty different, and some stuff were arranged differently since the last time you came here. You decided to forget about Jinyoung and concentrate on your date with Changjo. You got back to reality and Changjo was nowhere to be found, as always. You walked to the section where all sorts of plushies and teddy bears were.

You were excited. The teddy bears were cute, and you don’t know which one to choose. You saw some panda and penguin plushies, and were deciding which one to pick. You liked pandas, but you like penguins more. You saw a pretty big penguin plush, and reached your hand out to take it from the upper shelf. Because of your pretty short height, you couldn’t reach it. You tried a few times, but you ended up in disappointment. You sighed and looked down, scratching your head. When you turned to walk away, you saw the big penguin plush just in front of you, being held by someone. You were surprised, eyes widening.

You reached out to take the penguin, and quickly realized who held it. “Changjo?” you hesitated. Changjo showed up his face and smiled brightly at you. He has the cutest smile, ever. He handed the penguin to you, and you quickly hug it. “Thanks Changjo~” you thanked him like a happy kid. “Nee, you’re welcome, you short kiddo” Changjo said as he ruffled your hair and turned around to go to another section. You used one hand to adjust your hair, pouting. You were feeling super happy at that time. Now you knew what you’re feeling. You smiled, hugging the plush tight.

Changjo was nowhere in sight, but you decided to follow him. You walked quickly, still hugging the penguin. Suddenly you bumped into a tall guy. You didn’t fall, but the slippery floor made you reversed back a bit. You looked up, and you were shocked. Eyes widen, jaw dropped. It was Jinyoung. Jinyoung was surprised too..

To be continued...

*****************************************************

Hi guys! It's been a while omg. I'm so sorry for not updating anything, seriously :(( I was having a writer's block sighs. But I think I'm 'healing' now orz. So uhm guys, this time, would you please comment? Give me some supportive messages or something hahaha.

Anyways, thanks for subscribing and reading! Bye :)