Chapter 20

Spring and Fall

 

As you were stepping the last staircase, the little grip on your right hand loosen. Jonghyun smiled at you and went ahead. You smiled back at him and made your way to the living room. There, you saw Changjo sitting on the couch, facing a lady who was like 24 year old or something and Jonghyun sitting beside her. You gulped.

It was rare having guests in this house, and this lady doesn’t look like your ordinary unnie next door. She was wearing an outfit that reflects her richness and high-classness, but she has a friendly face. She’s pretty elegant, and was really beautiful. You were starting to get nervous. The moment she saw you, she quickly stood up. You came near them and bowed 90 degrees, showing your respect to her with a smile.

Changjo stood up and came beside you. “Noona, this is my fiancée..” Changjo said as you held out your hand to shake hands with her. Deep inside, you were actually blushing. Being introduced as a fiancée is no joke. “Annyeong. I’m ___. Nice to meet you!” you said, sounding friendly. The lady shook hands with you and nodded, introducing herself , “Ah, so this is ___? I’m Changjo’s noona, Yoomi. Nice meeting you too”. You could sense a friendly atmosphere around her. That calmed you down.

After the whole introduction, the three of you sat down. You sat on the same couch as Changjo, but the both of you sat on each ends of the couch, leaving an empty seat in between. Yoomi was surprised that the two of you still haven’t got along well yet although it’s been a few months together already. But despite everything, it’s time to tell you guys why she came.

“Sorry for coming this late. I know you were supposed to be studying right now, as you have exams...” Yoomi said apologetically. “Ah, it’s really fine. We weren’t that diligent to study” you replied with a giggle. Changjo just chuckled beside you.  Yoomi smiled and continued “As you can see, I brought a kid here with me. Changjo probably knows him already, as I always brought Jonghyun home to play with him. This is my friend’s child, and she always leaves Jonghyun in my care since she’s always busy. But this time, I had to go overseas too, to help omma... I hope the both of you can take care of him for a few days..”

Your eyes widen, surprised at the news. You glanced at Changjo to see his reaction. He looked happy, unexpectedly. “Uhh, but... we have school and such... I um, I’m not objecting but...” you lowered your head, scared to continue talking any further. “Ah, is that so? Then-“ “Aniya, we can take care of him. We can even skip schools~” Changjo cuts off before his noona could continue. He probably knows about this way earlier than you.

Yoomi was in glee. “Then, I’ll leave him to you. You don’t have to skip school. I’ll bring him here on Friday evening. I have to go now, but thank you very much.” she said as she stood up. You and Changjo sent Yoomi outside the house to her own car. She drives herself, surprisingly. What an independent girl. Before they left, Jonghyun had given you a lovable hug with a peck on the cheek. That kid is so cute.

When Yoomi’s car was out of sight, you went back in and left Changjo outside the house. Changjo  called out for you when you were stepping up the stairs, so you stopped walking and turned around, looking at him. He got in the house and closed the door behind him, looking at you with a smile. You didn’t return his smile, and you were sleepy already.

He came near the stairs but he didn’t climb on. He lifted his head and stared at you, as if trying to read your mind. “What?” you asked, lifting your left eyebrow. Changjo smirked and asked in his normally deep voice “Ah, you forgot about my confession today?”. Right at that time, you could feel a blush spread upon your face. You turned around and went up the stairs but Changjo followed you behind rather quickly. You felt like you were being chased by a ghost.

As you were just going to reach the doorknob of your room, Changjo gripped your right hand from behind, making you stop in your tracks.  “Wait. Look at me” he said, sounding serious. You took a deep breath.  You don’t wanna look at him, honestly. “No” you replied. “This is so dramatic...” you thought to yourself. “Then at least... I demand for your answer” he said, more like an order from him. You shook your head, not ready for anything.

Suddenly you felt a pair of arms wrapped your shoulders from behind. Your heart was thumping like it’s going to jump out of your chest, and you were in a shocked state. Though you were annoyed, you don’t hate it. “Ah, Changjo... why..” your voice sounded like a whisper. Changjo whispers to your ear, “Can’t you just answer me already?”. You gulped. This guy is so persistent.

You took another deep breath and turned around as Changjo pulled off his arms from you. “If I say, I want to be your girlfriend, what would I get in return?” you were teasing him. You don’t even know how you could find the courage to say this. Changjo smirked at your remark. “I’ll make you the happiest girl on earth” he said confidently. “That was really cheesy” you giggled.

Changjo was really happy seeing your reaction. You looked into Changjo’s eyes and said slowly, “Changjo, from now on, I am your girlfriend”. Changjo was so happy, he couldn’t contain his happiness. He came near you and hugged you. You were surprised, but you hugged him back. It was the warmest hug ever, and you were really happy that someone hugged you when you actually needed one, after what happened after school today. You didn’t want to let go, honestly.

Changjo unwrapped his hand and looked down at you with a smile. You smiled back, and lowered your head, blushing. “I have to sleep now...” you said. “Ah, yes. It’s getting late.. Sorry. Let’s talk again tomorrow morning... jagiya” Changjo said, smiling from ear to ear. You giggled and nodded shyly. You bid your goodnights and went into your room.

Just as you got into your room, you threw yourself on your bed and buried yourself in your pillow and screamed. You still couldn’t believe what had happened. Seriously, it was the happiest night of your life. There is no time to worry about haters now. Changjo is yours, and that’s all there is to it. The other fans can just back down. Yes you’re selfish, but what can you do? And the way Changjo called you ‘jagiya’ is making you lost control. You kept rewinding what had happened. You smiled alone and prayed in your heart that from now on, everything would be alright.

In his room, Changjo couldn’t stop smiling, like you too. He grabbed his phone and dialled his bestfriend’s number. Ricky has to know this first, of course. Just as Ricky answered, Changjo quickly said. “Changhyun!! I confessed and I was accepted!!” he was so excited. “Yah!! Calm down will ya. She accepted you? Really? After what happened today?” Ricky said. “Yes she did~” Changjo answered. “....Jonghyun, are you serious? Being confronted is no joke”. Changjo’s smile faded away. “Confronted? What are you talking about?”. “You didn’t know? I thought you’ll be the first person to know...” Ricky said. Changjo furrowed his eyebrows. He knows what he’s going to do tomorrow...

To be continued...

****************************************************

Hi there guys. Sorry for the late update. Mianhaeyoo *bows*. Welp I'm sure most of you are mad at me because I kept apologizing and yet I still update late. I hope you aren't that mad. I think you already know that inspirations don't always come right at the time we need it. Right? Hahaha.

I used Changjo's noona's real name here ... I hope that's okay ;;;; And I don't even know how her character is.. I hope no one is pissed about this...

Anyways, thanks a lot for reading, commenting and subscribing. I love you guys~!! Till the next chapter. Bye :D