Chapter 38

Spring and Fall

Bzzzt bzzzt. Your hand randomly reached for your phone as you lifted up your head from the table, squinting your eyes to look at the time. You switched off the alarm and sat up straight as you rubbed your eyes sleepily. It was Saturday, and you must have been asleep when you were doing your homework that evening. It was already 8pm, and you were lucky that you remembered to set an alarm before dozing off earlier. You stood up and lazily walked to the bathroom to have a bath.

As you dried your hair with a towel after the bath, your stomach began to growl. You looked at the time on your phone again, and decided to go out to buy some quick snack. You put on your sweatpants and some comfortable clothes before heading out, making your way to a nearby 24-hours store.

After buying some snacks and a drink, you went out of the store and stopped walking all of a sudden. You glanced back, thinking that this was as if a déjà vu, like the night you went to buy something during your stay in Tokyo. Before your mind could wander more, you shook of your thought and headed home.

You didn’t know how, but the moment you realize it, you were already in a park. The park where Changjo had called you on your birthday back then, saying that he had a surprise for you. You looked around, feeling odd. You must have been thinking too much, or maybe you’re just too hungry. You went to where the fountain was, and sat at a bench not far from it. Although the park was dark, there were some lights all over the pathways, and you could see some couples walking, hand in hand. You sighed.

“Is that you ____?” the familiar voice made you jump. You turned your head to the voice and instead of widening your eyes, you frowned. “Changjo…” you plainly said, rolling your eyes. It wasn’t even surprising that you’ll meet him here. You stood up and looked at him from head to toe. “So, are you here with Joona? Where is she?” you asked as you tried to look over behind Changjo. Changjo shook his head, “Why would I be here with her?”. You narrowed your eyes at him. Seeing him at that time, all you thought of were the painful memories. Being cheated once, and now twice, you felt so hurt.

“You’re probably here with her, taking a stroll like other couples do” you said, shrugging. “Stop.” he muttered in reply. You continued, “You must be happy with her after leaving me”. “Listen, I want you to stop” Changjo said as he grabbed your arms, looking straight into your eyes. You pulled away harshly. “Don’t touch me! You gave her everything, and what else were left for me?! NOTHING!” you shouted, and a tear made its way on your cheek.

“Yahh, what everything? I bought everything for you during your birthday, and this place would be the proof! And everything around the house, I bought it all for you and for us to live together!” Changjo fought back. “I don’t need those! All I wanted was for you to love me! And just me!” tears were streaming down your face like a waterfall. “But I did love you!” “NO! If you love me then you wouldn’t have gone to her in the first place!” your eyes were so red.

Changjo was taken aback, but he gathered his courage to cup your face. Before he could lean in for a kiss, you pushed him away. “Stop doing that” you said as you looked away. He sighed. Seeing you cry was hurting him so much, and moreover, you were crying because of him. “Listen, I’m sorry. Can we just… start it all over again?” Changjo pleaded. You looked up to him with your eyes full of tears. “Do you know the pain of being cheated? I thought you, of all people, would know! Guess I was wrong, from the very start. Let’s just, go our separate ways. Forever” you managed to say, before storming off as you wiped your tears. Changjo was dumbfounded. He stood there for a while, eyes widening, before he decided to run for you.

As you exit the park, you stopped in your tracks as you were just about to bump into someone. You looked up and your eyes widen. Changjo then came right behind you, and he was surprised too. “Jinyoung..” he muttered, clenching his fist. Jinyoung opened his arms to welcome you, but you pushed him aside. You glanced at the two of them, eyes full of hatred and disappointment, before running towards your home.

Changjo was about to go after you, but Jinyoung stopped him. Changjo grunted as he eyed Jinyoung, ready to fight whenever. “I was from your house, looking for you. I have something to talk about with you” Jinyoung said, and Changjo wasn’t interested. “What? You wanna tell me how she loves you more than me now?”. Jinyoung shook his head, “It’s about her, me and Joona. And you should know”.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a Sunday afternoon, and you were taking a stroll to calm your mind. You walked through the row of shops as your mind wandered away. It’s been a week since the incident, and at school, you and Changjo have been cold towards each other. To you, he doesn’t even make an effort to get you back or apologize. But your friends were worried, as how the two of you had giving each other the cold shoulders. It amazed them how you could hate someone you had loved so much before.

Is this really what you want?”. “Isn’t it too early to give up?”. “Do you not love him anymore?”. “Come on, forget the past. Just get back together”.

Those were the questions and advices your friends had given you. Honestly, you really wanted to be with Changjo again. But your ego overtook yourself. You regretted so much of what you had said to him the other night, about going separate ways. A part of you wanted him back, and yet another part of you still couldn’t bring yourself to forgive him or to trust him anymore.

You stopped walking as you neared the crosswalk. Oddly, there weren’t anybody else there. You saw a girl your age, talking to her phone in a loud voice as she crossed the road. She stopped in the middle of the crosswalk, just to shout on her phone. You looked at the traffic light, and it was green, and she shouldn’t be crossing the road right now. And then you heard the sound of a bus, coming towards her. The girl doesn’t even realize it. You gasped.

There was no time to think. As the bus was getting near, you ran off the crosswalk, grabbing her arm harshly with you as the both of you fell on the other side of the road. The bus passed the two of you safely, ignoring what had happened. You huffed, and your legs were shaky. If you were late just a few seconds, she might be dead and you would have witnessed an accident in front of your eyes.

You took a deep breath and calmed yourself, before standing up and dusted off your clothes. “Are you okay?” you asked, as you reached out your hand to help her get up. She took your hand and stood up, and you could see her knees were shaky. As she flipped her hair away, your eyes widen at the familiar face. It was Joona. She was just as shocked to see you.

“Joona… Well I’m going now” you said as you turned around to leave, but she grabbed your hand to stop you. “No, wait! I have something to talk to you!” she almost shouted. You looked at her and frowned. You were annoyed. “If it’s about how happy you are with Changjo now I’ll just-“ “He dumped me already, and I have nothing to do with him anymore. Don’t you know about it?” she said, and your eyes widen. “Ah, let’s go have a meal, and I’ll explain everything to you. Everything’s on me!” she said desperately as she shook your arm, begging. You thought for a few seconds, before nodding. “Fine…” you muttered.

To be continued…

**************************************************************

Heyya!! I hope I wasn't too late to update this ;;;; I have nothing much to say about this chapter hmmm well yeah hahaha. Please look forward to the next chapter okay~ 

And omfg Teen Top's comebackkk. So excited omg ;;;;

I'm ending my a/n here lol my mind's blank because it's still 12pm (and if you dont know, your mind is active at night usually so yeah). Thank you so much guys for the supportive comments!! Thanks for subscribing and reading!! See ya in the next chapter! ^^