Chapter 40

Spring and Fall

It was already the fall season. The cold breeze brushed upon your face and hair as you went out of the car. You looked up and looked over your house, which you had left a few weeks ago. You closed the car door and waved the driver with a smile.

The other day, the driver of the car was the one who found you on your bed, unconscious. He was with some maids, fortunately. They took you to the nearby hospital, and the maids made sure to pack your bags for you and brought them all along to your grandma’s house after you were being examined. Too bad, they left your phone right on your bed.

As the car moved away, you snapped out of your thoughts and gently opened the gates which weren’t locked and went in. You looked back at the gates, feeling rather suspicious. When you looked back in front, your eyes widen. There was a gift box with a letter attached, right in front of your front door.

You slowly walked over to the door and picked it up. The box wasn’t as heavy, but it wasn’t as light either. You pushed the door open and closed it before going up straight to your room with the box in your hands. Upon entering your room, you saw that your bed was neatly done, probably by the maids. You put the box on the bed and ran your hand under the pillow, before taking out your phone from under it. The phone was off, so you immediately plugged in the charger on your study table, before going to sit on your bed.

You stared at the gift box for a minute, a lot of thoughts going through your mind. You were actually guessing, was this from Jinyoung, or could it be from Changjo? Finally, you decided to read the letter attached to it. You took out the letter from the envelope and slowly read it, noticing that it was Changjo’s handwriting.

____...

I’m not sure if you’re going to read this anytime soon, but I want you to know that I regretted everything. When you weren’t here, I was always deep in thoughts. I wondered and regretted; why can’t I be nicer to you when you were with me? Why can’t I be a sweeter boyfriend, like other people? Guess I was just an idiot…

I came here, to your house today, in hopes for you to be here. But you weren’t here, as expected. I just heard from omma that your grandma had passed away. I’m deeply sorry. I wish I could be there for you, but you weren’t even here to begin with. And today is the anniversary of your parents, right? But it was also the day the passed away.. Again, I’m sorry.

Your precious smile, your cute little tantrum, your noisy squeaky voice, I miss it all. I miss everything about you, ____.

I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to protect you. I hurt you, I cheated on you. I was stupid. I was to be blamed. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m going to apologize at your parent’s grave, for I had hurt their precious daughter. I’m sorry.

Just remember one thing. I will always love you, Choi ____. I love you. I love you. And I’m sorry.

A tear made its way on your cheek. You never would have thought that Changjo thought this much about you. He even knew about your parent’s anniversary. And the part where it hurts, he put your name with his surname. You wiped off your tears and went to open the box. You gasped.

You took out a dress from the box, and you curled your lips as you remembered about the dress, tears flowing down. It was the one you bought when he was out shopping with you for clothes, right before going to his parent’s house for the first time. There was something in a pink paper bag, which you remembered he bought when he was out with you, going to the gift store for a little date, right before you saw Jinyoung there. Inside, there was a pair of colourful couple bracelets, and you cried even more.

You stood up and went to check your phone. There was almost a hundred miscalls, and most of them were from Changjo. It hurts to think that he thought a lot about you, but you still wouldn’t give him any chance. You grabbed some tissues and wiped your tears dry before throwing them in the dustbin. You looked over to the things on the bed, before quickly running down the stairs of your house and went out the streets.

The cold wind blew upon your face as you ran as fast as you can along the streets. Some people were looking at you, but you don’t have time to even care. You were running out of breath when you finally arrived at a cemetery. The day of your parent’s anniversary was today. Changjo had probably came over to give you the gift box just before you came home. And you prayed and hoped that Changjo would still be here, visiting your parent’s graves.

You went in and walked quickly, when you saw the back of a figure right in front of your parent’s grave. You slowly stopped walking, not too near nor too far but just enough to listen to what Changjo was talking. He looked like he doesn’t realize your presence, and you were thankful for that.

“…Lastly, I’m sorry. If the only way to make her happy is to leave her, then I would leave. And hopefully she’ll find a better person. Again, I’m sorry, omma and appa” Changjo said, sighing. That was the only thing you were able to hear, and you frowned. You took a deep breath and said in a loud voice, “Is that it? You’re going to leave me like everyone does?”. Changjo turned around and his eyes widen in surprise.

“____...” he was only able to say your name. You stepped towards him and looked up, staring deep into his eyes. He could see that your eyes were red and wet from tears earlier. “You think I would really be happy if you leave, Choi Jonghyun?” you asked, voice trembling. As much as surprised he was, Changjo was really happy to see you. He reached out his arms and pulled you into a hug and caught you by surprise.

“I miss you ____-ah. I miss you so much. And I’m so happy to see you” Changjo said with a wide smile plastered on his face. You blinked for a few seconds, adjusting your thoughts. Is this really him? Did he really miss you? Slowly, you hugged him back and buried your face into his clothed chest. “I miss you too, pabo…” you murmured.

After a while, Changjo released your from his embrace and put his hands on each of your shoulders and stared in your eyes, still with his cute, happy smile. He was so happy, he couldn’t bring himself to say anything. You blinked at him. “So, are you really going to leave me?” you asked with an expressionless face, and Changjo’s smile faded.

“Of course not! But if you want me to leave, then I’ll go..” he answered with a disappointed face. You reached out your right hand and held his face. “I don’t want you to go. I want you to stay” you said, giving him a sincere smile. “Then I’ll stay” Changjo said, smiling sheepishly. You lightly hit his chest, “Promise me you won’t cheat again, you idiot”. Changjo held up his right hand as a sign of vow, “I promise I won’t cheat on my future wife, ever”. You giggled. “Then prove it~” you said playfully.

Changjo didn’t answer. Instead, he took your right hand in his and the both of you made your way outside the cemetery. Changjo didn’t spoke a word. You followed him without much questions, and before long, the both of you arrived at an autumn leaf forest. It was quiet, with brown autumn leaves everywhere on the ground. The both of you stopped walking, and you gave him a questionable look.

Changjo wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close, your face inches away from his. “I love you, ____” Changjo whispered, before pressing his lips against yours. You shut your eyes, gently kissing him back. The kiss was passionate, and it showed how much the two of you miss and love each other. The kiss was the seal for the promise, and the both of you prayed to be together, forever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was getting dark, and Changjo decided to walk you home that evening. The two of you walked with hands entwining, enjoying the cold wind. “So, what did you do when I was gone?” you asked suddenly, making Changjo surprised. “You wanna know? Really?” Changjo answered with a question. You stared at him for a while, and then shrugged. “Never mind. All that matters now is you’re here with me” you said, locking your arm with his. Changjo smiled widely.

When the two of you finally arrived at your house, Changjo stopped to look at you in the eyes. You stared back at him and smiled warmly as you lift off your arm from his. Changjo wrapped his arms around you again and pulled you into a warm, tight hug. You were surprised. Changjo had hugged you many times that day.

“I’m sorry, jagi. It must be hard for you all this while. I couldn’t sleep well thinking that you’re now alone” Changjo said as he caressed your hair. You hugged him back and curled your lips, trying to hold your tears. “It’s okay… It’s okay” you said shakily as you buried yourself deeper into his chest. The both of you stood there, embracing each other as the sun sets that day.

A lot of thoughts went through your mind. Hugging Changjo like that, forgiving him easily, it took you a lot of courage and disappointment before. But you didn’t care. All you wanted was him, and his love. When your grandma died, you were a wreck. You cried for days, and you were so alone. The only person in your mind was Choi Jonghyun, and his hugs were the things you need. You decided to believe your heart and trust Changjo again. You were thankful for all the pains you went through.

Now that Changjo has gone back to you, what will happen?
What’s going to happen with Joona, Jinyoung and your friends?

To be continued in the epilogue ;)

*********************************************

Hello!!! It's been a while hehhehe I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter~ The epilogue would take a while but I left you guys with this chapter hehehehe squishyyy anyway!! Thanks for all the loves okay I'll thank you guys properly when I have a decent internet u___u

If you have any questions that would like to be summarized about this fanfic, for instance, why did that thing happened like that and why it's never answered lol tell me in the comments so I can add them to the epilogue hehehehe but if you dont have anything to ask then it's okay~

Thank you everyone, see ya!!