Chapter 39

Spring and Fall

“Speak.” you simply said in a serious tone, sending a deadly aura all around. Joona gulped, getting nervous and scared than ever. “F-first of all, I’m s-sorry. I’m so sorry, ____-ah..” she stuttered, her head hung lower than before. You didn’t answer; instead you narrowed your eyes and folded your arms, waiting for anything else she has to say.

She looked up to you and got more frightened seeing your serious face, as if your eyes were setting fire on her. Joona continued, “I-I know I did a lot of things, separating you from Changjo. And I interfere with everything else. I’m so sorry”. You could see that she was on the verge of tears. Joona wasn’t in her usual y clothes or her usual arrogant attitude. She has changed.

You smirked, thinking how pitiful she looked now. “Well, what made you realize your mistakes?” you asked calmly. Joona bit her bottom lip, “I.. I’m suffering. My friends are leaving me, my guy friends get away whenever I get close to them, and now my life is hectic. I guess this is karma.. and Jinyoung told me that.. if I want to change myself, I should start by saying sorry, mostly to you… the one who suffered a lot more than me”. She finally found courage to look into your eyes.

You blinked at her. “Joona, do you have a family? And live in a big house with maids? And nourished with love and everything else from your parents and people around you?”. Joona silently nodded in reply, and you huffed. “Well you see, I live alone, and I only have my grandma who’s busy at another country. And I live alone, without parent’s love and care. Remember when you stole Jinyoung? Yeah, you actually stole my whole life back then. And at that time you have Changjo. And now, when Changjo is with me, and I have finally found someone new to trust and love, you took him away too. You took everything! And what you’re suffering right now isn’t enough to repay how much you made me suffer, Choi Joona!” you were half-shouting, sending a death glare to her. Joona felt herself shrinking as she lowered her head again, swallowing down her guilt. Other customers who heard you glanced, but they didn’t want to interfere.

A tear made its way on Joona’s cheek. She was feeling as guilty as she could be. “I-I didn’t know. I’m so sorry, ____. I really am. I just want you to know that everything… everything that Changjo did back in Japan, it was all because of my greed. He didn’t do anything. I was the one who called him, and asked him to go out with me. He was innocent, and I was at fault. But he still thinks that he’s guilty. I don’t want to see you guys break up just like this. Please, forgive him and get back together. If this goes on, I’ll feel guilty and I might just,” Joona gulped as tears went down her cheeks, “kill myself”.

You sighed heavily, shutting your eyes for a bit to calm your thoughts. “You’re wrong. It was his fault after all. If he truly loved me, he wouldn’t have gone to you at all. And he lied to me, Joona. He lied. I have no reason to get back with him now” you said, clenching your fist as you put your hands on the table. Joona shakily rested one of her hands on yours, and you shot her a serious look. “Give him a second chance. You know, after the quarrel in Tokyo, Changjo went out of the hotel just to look for you. And when he’s back, your bag and your stuff were all gone. And the next thing he knew, you were on your way back to Korea. And on that very day, he shouted at me but he truly blamed himself. He cursed at himself, for being stupid. For a second there, I thought, he really loves you, more than he loved me before” Joona explained, feeling less scared as she saw the gentleness in your eyes.

You pulled your hand away and took a deep breath. You had a sudden headache, because of these complicated things. You don’t know what to believe anymore. “I don’t feel well. I should get going” you said and stood up, but Joona followed and pulled your arm. “I don’t ask you to forgive me, I just want you to know the truth. So please…” she begged, looking straight into your eyes. You took a deep breath, calming yourself.

“I forgive you. And thank you for telling me the truth, Choi Joona. Can you do me a favour?”. Joona was surprised, but she quickly nodded her head. You smiled at her and said, “Please be a nice person for Jinyoung, and make him love you and you only”. Joona’s eyes widen. You gently pulled your arm away from her and bowed before simply going out of the café, leaving the dumbfounded Joona alone in confusion.

As you rushed home, you felt your heart thumping fast and you felt something bad was about to happen. Your head hurts so much and you couldn’t think straight. Your sight was getting blurry. After a while of walking and putting your hand on anywhere you could reach for support, you finally reached home. You fumbled to open the door with the key for a few seconds before finally getting in. You quickly closed the door without even bothering to lock it and literally crawled up the stairs to your room, your body shivering. The tension was killing you, as your headache was getting worse than ever.

You dropped your hand bag on the floor next to bed and climbed on the bed, resting your head on the pillow as you tried closing your eyes. You wanted to sleep and erase the throbbing pain away, when your phone suddenly rang. You tried reaching your phone in your handbag with difficulty, and managed to get the phone out from the bag after the second ringing. You checked the caller and were surprised to see that it was the number from your grandma’s house. Your grandma barely uses the phone unless it’s an emergency.

“Yoboseyo? Grandma, what’s wrong?” you asked, one hand massaging your forehead to ease the pain. The voice from the other line wasn’t your grandma’s, it was the maid. “I’m so sorry young miss, but you have to come here now! The ma’am is in a critical condition, and she needs you by her side!” the maid desperately said. You almost dropped your phone because of the shock. You couldn’t believe what you just heard. You didn’t even know that your grandma was sick. You were so busy with your own life that you eventually forgot about her. You couldn’t speak a word to the maid. “A car is on its way to pick you up. Please be prepared young miss, and please be strong!!” she said hurriedly before ending the call. You were left with an empty feeling inside, and tears were dripping from your eyes. Your headache got worst, and you eventually out on the bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The school bell rang, and it was time to go home. Hyunnie closed her book and packed her stuff, when she realized someone was coming towards her. She looked up to find that it was Changjo, standing right in front of her desk. Hyunnie stood up and looked at Changjo as she took her bag. “What?” she asked, ready to leave the class. Changjo took a deep breath, “Where is she?”.

Hyunnie sighed. “I don’t know either. We tried calling her but she wouldn’t answer” she said, walking out of the class as Changjo followed from behind. “It’s been four days. Aren’t you guys worried?” Changjo asked again. Bella who was waiting outside the class heard the conversation, and she immediately answered, “Of course we’re worried! She’s our best friend!”. Changjo was surprised for a second there.

“Then, aren’t you guys going to do something? Going to her house, maybe?” Changjo suggested, and the two girls looked at him. “Well, we can go now if you want…” Hyunnie said as she looked over to Bella, and Changjo nodded in agreement. Bella’s face brightened up, but Hyunnie was otherwise. “I doubt she’ll be home though…” Hyunnie said worriedly, and Bella’s face was back to being gloomy.

Changjo suddenly got annoyed. “We don’t know unless we try, Hyunnie. I’m going now, either way” he said before leaving the two. Hyunnie sighed before her arm being pulled by Bella, urging her to follow Changjo. Bella was worried, but she was happy over the effort Changjo was making right now. “Hyunnie, I guess Changjo really misses ____, right?” Bella said, happily. Hyunnie shook her head, “I know, but I have a bad feeling for her. I got a feeling that something happened to her family”.

To be continued...

****************************************************

im in a rush right now and this is the only thing i was able to update thank you for everything byee!