Chapter 1

Spring and Fall

 

Sun rays went through the window. You woke up to the sound of your phone’s alarm. You took your phone and looked at the time, still half-asleep. You stood up and went to have a shower lazily. Today’s the first day of school for your last year, the so-called senior year. You’re not sure whether to be happy or not, because these kind of stuff doesn’t really matters. As long as you graduate, everything else is probably nothing.

You got out of the bathroom and got ready, wearing your school uniform. You grabbed your bag and looked yourself in the mirror, adjusting your hair before going out of your room and going out of the front door, walking rather quickly to school. The fresh spring air freshen you up as you walk along the streets.

Once you got into school, you checked the school board to know which class you were in. Students were bustling here and there, being noisy about the class that they got into. You were pretty annoyed, but you ignored them and searched for your name on the board. When you saw your name, you were quite surprised. You got into the second class, from the second last class last year. You quickly headed to the building where your new class is. Guess last year’s effort of studying was worth it.

_________________________________________

It was time for recess, and you’re in the cafeteria. You weren’t alone, of course. You’re with your childhood friend, Hyunnie and your new friend, Bella. Hyunnie is a bright girl, so she got in first class ever since you got into this high school. In class earlier, you took a seat at the back, next to the window. And just as you sat, Bella called for you and wanted to be your friend. She said she was in the second class since forever, but she never got any friends. You weren’t that evil, so you thought having another friend wouldn’t be that bad. So now you were just drinking your strawberry milk while listening to Sherry and Bella introducing and talking to each other.

The cafeteria was so noisy, you were getting annoyed. And then suddenly it looked like two guys, followed by a crowd of girls got in the cafeteria and almost every girl were squealing, except for the three of you. The three of you glanced at the two guys, uninterested. “The typical kingkas at school, eh?” you blurted out to your friends. They nodded. “Yup. Changjo and Ricky. The kingkas from the first class” Bella said. “I’m their classmate since two years ago but I don’t like them since the first day of school” Hyunnie added.

You listened to your friends talking about these two guys. “The one on the left is Ricky, the cute guy with an innocent face. People said that he’s good at Maths, and he haven’t date anyone yet. The guy on the right side is Changjo… He… Well, people said that he’s perfect.” Bella explained while looking at you and Hyunnie. You had always seen them since your first day in high school, but you weren’t that interested. You lifted up your head and eyed the guy with the red hair, Changjo.

“So that’s Changjo? He’s pretty attractive…” you said. Changjo has a wavy layered hair with a wavy fringe, your favourite hairstyle of a guy. And he’s really good-looking.  “Did you just say Changjo is attractive? Oh God. You said a guy, attractive?” Hyunnie asked you, widening her eyes. Your eyes twitched. “What? I can’t say a guy attractive?” you answered her with a question. You were quite surprised yourself. You weren’t the type who gets impressed and attracted to guy easily…

You glanced at him again and at that time, your eyes met his. Your heart skipped a beat. You quickly looked away, not knowing what to do.

_________________________________________

As the head committee ended his speech, you let out a sigh of relief. You packed your stuff and went out of the meeting room. You were a member in the English Club, and today there was a meeting. Somehow you got elected as the secretary, and you were quite surprised. You didn’t talk to people that much, so how did you got elected? You wondered as you walked out of school. You let out a long sigh because you had to walk home alone today.

As you entered the gate of your house, you could see a luxurious car parked in the garage. You quickly went inside the house and to the living room, smiling. There you saw your grandma standing up, smiling at you. You ran and hugged her before sitting on the couch next to each other. Your grandma had been taking care of you since your parents passed away, and when you entered high school, you convinced her to let you live in your parent’s house alone.

“Grandma I miss you so much!” you said, smiling like a little kid. “Me too, sweetie. I have something important to talk about.” Your grandma said, sounding serious. Your smile disappeared. “What is it?” you carefully asked. “Is there a guy at school with the name Choi Jonghyun?” she asked you. “Y-yeah. We call him Changjo. Why?” you answered, feeling uncomfortable. “Sweetie, that guy is going to be your husband one day.” You were taken aback. “W-what are you talking about grandma? Why would he be my husband? I don’t get it…” you asked, scowling.

“He is the child of your parents’ friend. And this is your parents’ will.. They wanted you to get married with this guy. Sweetie, we all know what’s best for you. This is for your happiness” your grandma assured you with a loving smile. You looked down and curled your lips. Your grandma stood up and you followed. “I have to leave now. Sweetie, for now, just try befriending Jonghyun, okay? He’s a good guy, I’m sure” your grandma said while hugging you. You only smiled and waved at her as she went out of the door with her driver.

The sound of a car moving could be heard from outside the house. You sighed and went up to your room and threw yourself on the bed. “So much for living alone. Now I have to get married with someone I barely know. It’s already the 21st century, do people really have arranged marriage these days?” you said to yourself. You stood up and went to sit down on your study table and looked at your parents’ photos.

“Omma.. Appa… Why are you doing this to me…” you spoke softly, sighing. Your phone was there, so you took it and checked it for any messages. A new text message from an unknown number. You read it out loud “Hello! I’m sure your grandma had told you about us~ Meet me at the back gate of the school after school ends tomorrow. Oh and don’t be so happy about our future. Bye.” You scowled. “Whoahhh I thought this guy is a nice prince. And who would be happy of an arranged marriage?!” you thought angrily to yourself. You sighed. “So many surprises for the first day of school…

Your so called ‘future-husband’ texted you. What could he possibly want to say to you?

To be continued…

 

*************************************************

Hi~ So how was it? Sorry if there's nothing much in this chapter.... Please comment and subscribe if you want :3 Thanks for reading ~