Chapter 30

Spring and Fall

You went in the Choi’s family car after being called over by Changjo several times. Looks like the Choi’s family had several cars and drivers here, too. You waved to Mrs. Choi and your grandma as the car moved. You had lunch and talked about a lot of things with them, and even telling them of how Changjo had been treating you nicely these days. It puts you in a very good mood.

After a while, you looked at Changjo. He was looking out of the window with a glint of worry in his eyes. You thought that it’s finally the time for you to ask him. “Changjo,” he looked at you, “what’s wrong? You’ve been so... quiet” you asked, blinking at him.

“Hm? I thought I talked a lot earlier?” Changjo answered with a smile. “No you didn’t. It’s been months since I live with you, so I know. Come on, tell me” you asked with a worried face. “I’m fine. Maybe I’m just tired... I’ve been thinking about where I should take you in Tokyo...” Changjo answered nervously. Your eyes widen in surprise. He really did thought of that? “What? Really? Aww you don’t have to! I have some places that I wanna go though... so can we go together?” you smiled happily, and he nodded.

“Ah, so is there anywhere you want to go today?” Changjo asked. You shook your head, “Nope. Let’s just get back to the hotel”. After a while, the car went to the drop in-drop off place of the hotel. “Um, ____-ah... I’m going out for a bit” Changjo said as you were opening the car’s door. You frowned. “Where are you going?”. Changjo shifted his eye from your direction and answered, “I’m going to meet an old friend.. please?”

You gave a long pause, and finally said “Right. See ya tonight then!”. Changjo looked at you, surprised. He didn’t thought you would let him go just like that. You went out of the car and closed the door, waving him as the car moved. You turned your heels and start heading in the hotel. “Well I have to be an understanding fiancée, at least” you thought to yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

After having a nice, warm bath that night, you took out a notebook and a pen from your bag and flopped on the bed. You took your phone beside you and started scrolling through the internet, searching for information of places in Tokyo. You jotted down on your notebook of places that you would like to visit with Changjo. Since you have particularly nothing to do, this is the only activity you could do for now.

After a while, your eyes were getting sleepy. You looked at the time on your phone; 10:45 pm. Changjo hasn’t come back yet. You put all your stuffs away and lied on your bed, pulling the blanket over your body. You wanted to wait for Changjo, but your eyes couldn’t take it anymore. You stirred a bit and before you knew it, you were already asleep, with the lights still on.

The night breeze blew to your face, making you shiver slightly. From outside of a restaurant, you could see two figures, having some sort of candle light dinner. A hint of curiousity perked up in your mind, and without realization, you were already entering the restaurant. From where you were standing, you could see they were laughing happily, but you still couldn’t make out who the two were.  

As you got near, you realized that the girl was someone familiar. “Joona?” you blurted out, and the said girl raised an eyebrow at you, smirking. You gasped. The guy who was the opposite of her finally turned his face to you, and your jaw dropped. It was Changjo, with a clueless face. You saw Joona ran her hands through Changjo’s hair, and Changjo didn’t say a word. You were flushed with anger. Joona came near to kiss Changjo, but you couldn’t spoke even a word.

All of a sudden, the surroundings turned dark, and you couldn’t see anything. All you heard was Joona’s laugh, and the image of her smirking and running her hands through Changjo’s hair. “Stop!!” you shouted as you put your hands on your ears, falling on your knees. You felt like your name was being called again and again.

You woke up with a jolt and sat up, your chest went up and down as you breathed heavily. Sweats ran through your face. “____, what’s wrong?” you heard Changjo’s voice. You turned to look at him, still breathing heavily. It was dark, but with the lights from the window, you could see Changjo, and his worried face, sitting on your bed, right beside you.

For some reason, he looked like an angel with his white t-shirt on. Without thinking, you went to hug him and caught him off guard. You tightened your embrace and buried your face in his chest. Changjo slowly hugged you back and caressed your hair. Changjo sighed. “A nightmare? It’s okay, I’m here..” he whispered. You felt the safest in his embrace, and you wanted to forget about your dream that night.

The next morning, you woke up when you heard your phone's alarm. You sat up and rubbed your eyes. Sleepily, you tried to get off the bed but realized that something was in the way. You opened and your eyes and you were so surprised. Changjo was sleeping in the same bed as yours! He looked so peaceful, you couldn't bring yourself to wake him up. You looked under the blanket, and was quickly relieved that your clothes and his were still fully on. "That was scary... I don't think we did anything.. right..." you thought as you got off the bed the other side.

You took your phone and called Hyunnie first thing in the morning, telling her about your condition. And the thing that made you blush the whole day after ending the call was something you would remember for a long time, probably. "Well, don't be that freaked out, girl. Next year you would be waking up with him beside you everyday, and probably with no clothes on" was what Hyunnie said before ending the call. What a friend.

To be continued...

*********************************************************

Hello!! Sorry for the late update~ Hope you guys liked this chapter heheheh. I'm in a quite good mood right now, I don't even know hahaha. Still frustrated that I can't log in my twitter though urghh.

Anyway, thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting!! I love youu~ 

p.s: Changjo made an insta acc wow I wish I had one too hahaha bye