Chapter 15

Spring and Fall

 

It was finally Friday, again. Almost everyone had gone home, but you were still in your class with a few people, attending an extra class for mathematics. You didn’t want to attend this class in the first place, but thinking that there’s an exam next week, and how you at maths, made you changed your mind.

Since the day he kissed you cheeks, you kept thinking about it, and it was pretty awkward with him. Although he did apologised just this morning, you still couldn’t help but feel embarrassed, and of course, irritated, that he get to kiss your cheek although he wasn’t in love with you. That’s just so wrong. More like, you were mad at him.

You looked at your watch and counted down the seconds. Tick tock tick tock. Then suddenly the teacher stopped teaching and said “That’s it for today. Thank you”. You gave a long sigh when the teacher walked out of the class. That was a long hour for mathematics. You packed up your stuff, and thought of who to go home with.

As you stood up, someone poked your shoulder from behind. You turned your head around and smiled at the person. It was Ricky. Of course he would be here, it’s a mathematics class, after all.  “Yes Ricky?” you said as you put your sling back on your shoulder. “___, wanna go home together?” Ricky asked with a smile plastered on his face. “Eh, sure!” you agreed as the both of you walked out of the classroom.

Apparently, Ricky’s house wasn’t really far from your ‘shared’ house with Changjo, and Ricky said he knows a shortcut to go home without taking any transport, so you thought it would be fine, and walking is good for the health too.

“Ricky, do you know about Changjo’s ex?” you asked Ricky when you were in the middle of thinking of a new topic to talk about. You were curious since forever about Changjo’s ex, though. “Ah, nae, I do...” Ricky said, “do you want to know about her?”. You nodded, anticipating for the story. “She was nothing special, honestly” Ricky started, looking uninterested.

“Eh, why is that?” you were confused. “She was nice and pretty, I suppose. We were in the same class in junior high. I don’t talk much with her because Changjo would get jealous, but either way, she always talks with boys whenever she gets the chance. Not sure why I dislike her though, maybe she’s just not my type?” Ricky explained. You thought for a while, processing everything that Ricky had said in your head as you walk.

“Even from the very start, I had always thought that she wouldn’t be a nice girl for Changjo. I tried to talk about it for once with Changjo, but he just wouldn’t listen. And when they broke up, Changjo kept blaming that guy... Jinyoung? Yeah. But honestly I think it’s that girl’s fault...” Ricky ended his story when the both of you had to depart. You were still silent. Somehow, you think that this girl is better than you in a lot of ways.

“___ ah, are you okay?” Ricky waved his hand in front of your eyes. You blinked and looked at him. “Nae, I’m fine. Thanks for telling me Ricky! I owe you a drink” you giggled, “Oh yeah, what’s her name?”. “Her name is Choi Joona.. Don’t worry okay ___, you’re cuter than her and I know you’re a nice girl” Ricky assured you with a smile. You smiled like an idiot and blushed a bit. You wish you could hug Ricky at that time. Instead, you slapped his arm that made him whine. “Thanks a lot Ricky!” you said as you waved him goodbye.

You turned and look at the direction you were supposed to walk. It doesn’t look far, so you walked slowly. You were thinking of a lot of things. This Joona, girl, she must have been so pretty. She even has the same family name as Changjo. It’s as if they were married already. You sighed. To think about it, you’re pretty chubby and not that tall. But some people say that you’re cute. You scratched your head. Thinking of these stuff made you hungry.

Before you know it, you were already in front of your house. You got in tiredly and quickly went upstairs. Changjo looked like he hasn’t come home yet. Suddenly, you got an idea. You got in your room and took a quick shower. After your shower, you got dressed and tied up your hair which was dry because you covered in during your shower and went out of your room.

Although you were sure Changjo was going to be home any minute now, you don’t care. Curiosity kills, but it is a challenge. You stood in front of Changjo’s room, breathing in deeply. You turned Changjo’s door knob and went it, slowly closing the door behind you. You looked around the room. It was just a little bit bigger than yours, but it looks so much more comfortable.

It was a typical modern guy’s room, with no touch of girls whatsoever. Pretty plain, in your opinion. But it was neat and clean. Suddenly you saw a door, just near the big window. A store room, probably. You tried turning the door knob, but it was locked. You grunted. You turned around and stood in the middle of the room, thinking where would Changjo put his ‘secret’ stuff. Suddenly you heard footsteps, like someone was climbing the stairs. Your heart beats fast, scared.

You quickly got to the door and opened it, and your jaw dropped, eyes widening, seeing the figure in front of you. The figure was shocked too, but his mouth turned into a cheeky smirk. “Hm... What are you doing here.. ___ ah?” Changjo asked, teasing you with his deep voice. You gasped and backed away. As you backed away, he came near you. “I.. I can explain..” you said hastily. Suddenly your legs met the bed, and you were sat on the end of his bed. You have to admit, the bed was kinda bouncy.

Changjo came near you and leaned down on your face. “Explain what, ___ ah?”, Changjo asked seductively. You curled your lips, looking straight into his eyes. Your body were numb, and your heart was going to explode any seconds by now.

Suddenly Changjo’s phone rang, and he stood straight up to take his phone out of his pocket and answered it. You took the chance to run away, but just as you were starting to step away, Changjo pulled your arms, making you stop. You looked at him with a questioned look. He was still talking on the phone, but he was looking at your face, expressionless.

“Let me go” you said under your breath. Changjo ended his call and slid his hand down your arms till he gets to hold your hand. He then smiled innocently at you. “___ ah, are you mad?” he asked, tilting his head innocently. You furrowed your eyebrows. This kid, he looked like a ert just now and right now he’s being innocent? What the hell?

“No, I’m not mad at all! I’m just hungry” you said sarcastically. Changjo laughed it off, cutely. “Nae ___ ah, let’s eat out tonight. To make up for kissing your cheek and.. for just now” he said, still smiling. You thought for a while, and nodded to him. “Hm.. Why not?” you agreed. He lets your hand go and told you to get ready. You skipped happily out of his room and went into your room. You were wondering though, who had just called Changjo? You hoped he’ll explain it during your dinner.

To be continued...

********************************************

Hello everyone! So how was it? Hoho I was just teasing you :3 School's starting kashfsjakf. Ohhh do you know that ljoe had made his own twitter? I bet you already know haha his followers kept increasing over time orz.

Anyways, thanks for reading and subscribing! sorry for erros ok i wrote this from 1am till 3am in the morning haha bye!