Chapter 33

Spring and Fall

You sobbed in the guy’s clothed chest as he hugged you tight. He was surprised, but he knew something had happened. And a warm hug is all that you need. After a while, you let him go, still sobbing. He wiped you tears with his thumb and smiled. You looked up at him and softly whispered, “Jinyoung...”.

When you had finally calmed down, Jinyoung took you to a cafe, not far from your hotel. You were looking down, playing with the end of your sleeves. You had mixed feelings of sadness, embarrassment for crying in public and for hugging Jinyoung, and feeling betrayed. Jinyoung didn’t spoke a word. He was just looking at you sympathetically.

The strawberry milk in front of you was untouched. After a while, Jinyoung spoke. “____-ah, why don’t you have a drink?” he said with a smile. You looked up at him for a bit then to the drink. “You remembered what I like...” you said, your voice were somehow trembling. He didn’t answer, but he was still smiling. You remembered how you asked Changjo once how he knew what your favourite drink was, and Changjo didn’t answer too. You felt like crying again, and you curled your lips. Jinyoung sighed and stood up, telling you that he has to make a phone call. You nodded and slowly reach out for the strawberry milk.

Outside, Jinyoung took out his phone and dialled Joona’s number. He was so pissed. “Yoboseyo?” Joona answered. “Yahh, what did you do to her?” without a greeting, Jinyoung scolded Joona on the phone. “What? Who?!” Joona argued back. “You know who I’m talking about” he hissed. “I didn’t do anything, all I did was getting near Changjo. If they break up, my plan is successful. Shouldn’t you be happy?” she frowned. “Yeah, but I didn’t know to make her cry was in the list of plans” he said before ending the call. Jinyoung took a deep breath and calmed himself. He just couldn’t bear to see your tears.

He went back inside the cafe and saw that you had finished half of your drink already. You looked at him and asked, “I didn’t know you were in Japan too..”. He sat down and was surprised by your sudden question. Nonetheless, he had to answer. “I was...,” he debated in his mind, “can I just be honest with you? I know you hate liars, but if I tell you this... please don’t be mad”. You blinked at him, then nodded.

Jinyoung averted your gaze and explained, “I came here because Joona asked me to accompany her. She... had plans to get back together with Changjo. I didn’t want to get involved so I stayed out of it and doesn’t even contact her. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you at all. I was scared that you’ll hate me”. Jinyoung glanced at you. Your face was expressionless, as if every emotion had been drained off your face. You nodded silently and stared at your drink, your mind went blank. You don’t even know what to feel.

“I know how much Joona wants Changjo back, and yes, I hate her for it. But for Changjo to actually fall for her trap..” you looked down, your eyes started to get watery again. “I thought he wouldn’t even care about Joona anymore...” you wiped off your tears and breathed in. "If this is how much you cry after we broke up before... I’m really sorry ____. I didn’t know....” Jinyoung said. He was actually surprised that you cried this much. Then it was silence, and you let yourself drown in thoughts.

“I wanna go back to Korea...” you decided, making Jinyoung’s eyes widen. “N-Now? Do you want me to accompany you?” he asked, worried. “Wait,” he corrected himself, “let’s go together. I can’t leave you alone. Do you want me to accompany you to the hotel to pick your stuff up?”. You shook your head. “I’m fine. Let’s just meet at the airport later” you said before leaving Jinyoung. You walked slowly back to the hotel, and Jinyoung just watched. When you finally entered the hotel, he walked quickly to the place he stayed at to pack up his stuff.

Feeling lifeless, you lazily took the elevator and walked out of it when you arrived at your floor. You walked to the door and opened it. There was nobody. You walked in and quickly packed up your bag and stuff. You glanced at Changjo’s bed now and then, sighing. You suddenly felt a surge to hug him, but he was not there, and he betrayed you. It took about almost an hour, and you finally finished packing up. You went to the bathroom and changed your clothes and washed your face, making sure that your eyes weren’t swollen. When everything was done, you went out of the hotel and took a taxi to the airport, texting Jinyoung that you were already on your way.

At the airport, after buying your tickets, you sat on the waiting seats and waited for Jinyoung to arrive. Your flight would be in a few hours, so like it or not, you have to wait. You took out your phone and called for Mrs. Choi. You have to at least tell her about your leave. Mrs. Choi was of course, so shocked. And Changjo hadn’t told her anything about it. You told her that you’re going back alone, and you didn’t explain further. You tried so hard to dodge the question. When then call was ended, you decided to call your grandma. And the same thing had to be said. You don't plan on telling them about your quarrels and what Changjo had done.

When you ended that call, Jinyoung finally arrived. You gave him his ticket without saying anything, and you gestured for him to sit beside you. “The tickets on me” you said simply. People had always forgotten that you don’t come from a normal family, and it kinda annoyed you somehow. Jinyoung sat quietly and checked his phone for the time.

“Aren’t you going to tell Changjo that you’re going back?” he asked, glancing at you. “I’ll text him when we arrive in Korea later” you answered, not interested. After a while, Jinyoung started to talk about some stuff. And since you were bored, you listened to what he said, and began to open up to him. You told him about some of your school days, and things about his little sister, Bella. During the talk, he managed to somehow make you smile, and you were glad for that. Deep in your heart, you questioned yourself, how will your relationship with Changjo go from this day onwards?

To be continued...

***************************************************

Helloo. It's D-1 to Teen Top's comeback omg do you feel how excited I am!! If I get a quick idea for another chapter I'll update asap as celebration for Teen Top's comeback hahaha. Have you listened to the songs thumbnail? So awesome right omg ;;;;;

Okay, for this chapter, I'm amused that some of you couldn't guess who the guy was haha. But some of you guessed it right so :D And remember when I said this fanfic is ending soon? Idek when I said that but... this'll take some time before it really ends lol.

Guess I talked a lot hahaha so till the next chapter~ Thank you so much for subscribing, commenting and reading!! I love you guys <3