Chapter 25

Spring and Fall

It was a peaceful Sunday morning. You woke up when you heard your phone rang. You tried to reach your phone on the lamp-table while your eyes were still closed. You didn’t even check the caller’s name and accepted it before putting the phone on your ear.

“Yoboseyo..” your sleepy voice made the one on the other line of the phone laughed. “____-ah, are you sleepy? Good morning” you shot your eyes open at the motherly voice and sat up. You looked at the caller’s name and gulped. It was Changjo’s mom. “Ah, I’m so sorry omma!” you said as you slapped your forehead.

“Nae, it’s okay.. Have you just woken up?” she asked. “Sort of… I miss you omma…” you said as you rub your sleepy eyes. Being the mother she is, the few minutes after were her questions of how your were feeling and everything. And finally, the question that you don’t want to be asked at that time came out.

“So how’s your relationship with Changjo?” was her question. You gave a short pause and hesitated, “We’re..okay.. I guess..?”. “Are you sure? No quarrels? It was your birthday the other day right.. Oh happy belated birthday!” she said, as if she knew. “Ah, thankyou! Hmm no, I mean... I don’t know..” you scratched your head. You heard her sigh.

Before ending the call, she gave you encouragements and told that you were the one that could get rid of that ego from Changjo. When you ended the call, you buried your face in the pillow and screamed for no reason. You weren’t sure whether to be relieved or what. You decided to just forget about it and take your bath.

After getting dressed, you went downstairs to the kitchen, wanting to make a breakfast for yourself. You were surprised when you entered the kitchen, as you saw a plate of pancakes and a glass of strawberry milk were ready on the table. You got near the table and saw that there was a little note on it. “Good morning!! Enjoy your breakfast~!”. A smile formed on your lips. Changjo did this? Wow that’s unexpected. Nonetheless, he did make something.

You sat on the chair and started eating slowly, savouring the taste. Changjo was nowhere in sight though. For the past few days, you haven’t been talking with him and you even went to and fro school alone. You didn’t really meet him at school either.

You were actually acting as if you were still mad, although deep inside you really wanted to talk to him. You miss his voice, and you miss how he calls your name. You sighed. Without realizing it, you had finished breakfast. You stood up and did the dishes.

You got out of the kitchen and went to the living room, and were surprised again seeing something on the table. It was a box of chocolates! You loved chocolates all your life and the most exciting part of it was, the chocolate was your favourite brand. You took it but decided to eat it later, and went back to the kitchen and headed to the fridge.

You opened the fridge and put the box of chocolates and you saw yet another note. “Save the chocolates for later~ Do you know that this house has a library? Ding! It’s the third room on the second floor. Have fun reading ♡”. Your mouth was hung wide open. This guy... how the heck did he know this? And when did he know that you liked reading?! And is this a game?!

You closed the fridge and ran upstairs to the far end of the second floor, where the door of the third room lies. You never went to this room as you thought it’s a store room or something. You slowly turned the doorknob and your jaw dropped at the sight of the books on the shelves. It’s not even a study room, it’s a freaking library in your own house!

You ran your fingers on the pretty old books before taking one out, although it took you a long time to choose any of them. You saw a comfy chair and sat on it, beginning to read that one book. You could always read other books because you live in this house after all.

The book wasn’t that thick, and you were almost finishing it when you heard your phone rang loudly from your room. You quickly ran to your room to answer your phone, the book still in your right hand. When the phone was in your left hand, the caller ended the call. You checked for the caller but it was from an unknown the number. You realized there was a text message too.

Changjo texted you, telling you to go outside and go the park. You got dressed and went out of the house, walking rather quickly. You didn’t think much, you just wanted to meet him and thank him. It was already about 8pm, and the street lights were on, and you weren’t really scared. Reading books really took a lot more time than you thought.

When you arrived at the park entrance, you quickly called Changjo. The lights on the park weren’t as much, and it was getting cold. “Yoboseyo.. Changjo ah..” you slowly greeted. “Nae.. ____-ah, you’re at the park already? Go to the fountain...” and you walked to the fountain, the phone still on your ear. You didn’t spoke a word.

When you arrived, you finally spoke on the phone. “Changjo, I’m at the fountain already. Where are you?” you asked. “Oh, already? Then... wait” and he ended the call. You stood there and stared at your phone, furrowing your eyebrows. You folded your arms, pissed. Suddenly you heard a lot of noises, so you looked up and your eyes widen. There were fireworks on the beautiful night sky!

While you were fascinated by the fireworks, a pair of arms wrapped you from behind. You were startled, but quickly recognize who it was. “C-Changjo?” your voice was shaky. Changjo brought his lips to your right ear. “Do you like it?” he whispered. Ah, how you missed that voice. You lowered your head and nodded shyly.

Changjo pulled of his hands and held your shoulders, turning you so that you face him. You looked into his eyes, and you knew that he had missed you too. He was just about to mutter a few words but you quickly came near him and hugged him, burying your face on his clothed chest. Changjo was surprised, but he quickly hugged you back, tighter. The both of you missed each other that much.

“____... I’m really sorry... for everything” his voice almost sounded like a whisper. You could sense his regret. You didn’t reply, but tightened your hug. “The other day...” he continued, “I didn’t know why I became like that. I’m your fiancé, I should have remembered your birthday. I’m so sorry..”.

You let him go and stared deep into his eyes. “I’m sorry too for saying those stuff...” a tear made its way on your cheek as you said it. Changjo used his thumb to wipe of the tear. His face came near yours. “Happy birthday, my jagiya” was what Changjo said before his lips met yours. The kiss this time was softer and it wasn’t forceful at all. You knew that Changjo was sincere, in everything he did.

When your lips finally parted his, a smile was formed on your lips. He smiled back, and his smile was so cute you felt like exploding. The both of you decided to go home, holding hands. “Where were you the whole day?” you asked playfully. “Just staying away from home, so that you all of your birthday presents could be prepared one by one” he smiled cheekily.

“What do you mean?” you were puzzled. “A lot of cute stuffs are being sent to our house right now~” Changjo winked. “Jinjja? Are those my presents?!” you got excited. Changjo didn’t answer, but placed a peck on your left cheek instead. “Happy belated birthday, jagiya” he said as he pulled you closer. You felt a blush crept upon your face. That was one of the best moments of your life, and you wish it could stay forever. You prayed in your heart that the both of you were going to be like this forever.

Not far behind, another couple was standing still, looking at the both of you. The girl was folding her arms and tapping her feet. “See? How can you even stand looking at the two, Jinyoung oppa?”. Jinyoung had his disappointed look on. “Joona... we can’t do anything about it..” he was giving up. “What? No way. I’m going to get Changjo back no matter what, and you’re getting your ex back too, like it or not!” Joona said before storming off with her high heels.

Jinyoung sighed and turn around to follow her. He managed to glance at you and Changjo who were happily teasing each other and disappearing in the darkness of the night. He shook his head and walked away, hoping that your heart would change its direction to him.

To be continued...

******************************************

Hello! Long time no see haha I'm so sorry. It's been weeks right... Well I was busy with school and sports day and such. I hope you guys understand. Thanks for putting up with me even though I barely update anything. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and forgive me if there's any errors ;;;;

Thanks for subscribing, commenting and reading! Till the next chapter~ See ya soon! ;)