Chapter 3

Spring and Fall

 

The sound of cars passing by were really noisy, plus the noises of people around you. You were walking down the streets, looking for the cafe that Changjo had told you to come to. The week passed by quickly, and it was already Sunday, the day you have to go for a date with your fiancé. It was a busy afternoon, and you were wondering why was it a busy day, on a Sunday. The restaurant was pretty far, and when you arrived, you got in rather nervously.

There weren’t many people in the café, so you could see where Changjo was sitting. He was sitting and looking out the glass window, not realizing you were already coming his way. “Hi. Sorry I was a bit late” you apologized as you sat. Changjo looked at you with a pissed face before saying “Yahh! So late!”. “Excuse me, I was just 2minutes late. You were late five minutes the other day, ya know” you scowled at him. He sighed and then pushed a glass of strawberry milk towards you. “Here, it’s yours.”

“Eh, how did you know that I like strawberry milk?” you asked him, surprised. He just smirked. You knew he wouldn’t answer you, so you drank the strawberry milk, not bothering him. Suddenly you remembered something. “Oh, Changjo. I wanted to ask this since before. Why do you look like… you’re not against this marriage?” you asked, tilting your head. “Aish you ask too much. Just hurry up and finish your drink. You’re going to meet my mom today, but before that we could go to the mall. I’ll buy something for you” Changjo explained to you, finishing his cola. “W-what? Why you didn’t tell me earlier?! But I don’t think I want anything for now..” you said finishing your strawberry milk and got up. Changjo chuckled before getting up and grabbed your hand and led you out of the door, making you speechless.

The mall was quiet near, so a few minutes of walking, and you arrived. Changjo had let go of your hand a few minutes ago, but the warmth of his hand stayed. Your heart was beating fast, and you didn’t spoke a word to each other in the mall. You were just walking next to each other with silence, when suddenly Changjo stopped in front of a boutique. His phone rang, and he told you to go in first, so you did.

As you entered the boutique, your jaw dropped. This place was very big and there were handbags, gowns, shawls, shoes and almost everything were in there. It’s like a girl’s paradise.  You weren’t interested much in fashion, but this place is out of this world! You went to the clothes section, and walked slowly along the rows of dresses and gowns. You took a pink dress from its hanging place and looked at it.

Suddenly Changjo came beside you and said “Ahh this doesn’t suit you”. You jumped a bit, and scowled at him. “What do you mean it doesn’t suit me?” you asked angrily, putting back the dress. He reached out for another dress in front of you, and his face came so near with yours that your lips almost touched his cheeks. You curled your lips, not wanting any contact, heart beating fast. He retreated and held out a pretty white dress with pink flowery designs on it. You gasped. “Ahh it’s really pretty!” you were almost squealing. You quickly went to the dressing room, and as you close the door, you could see Changjo smiled a bit.

As you walked out of the dressing room, you adjusted your hair. You were surprised to see that there was nobody there outside of the dressing room. “He went… out? Oh well..”. Disappointed, you turned around to go into the dressing room again when you felt someone put something on your head. You turned around again to face Changjo who was smiling at you. You touched the top of your head to know what he put. “A ribbon?” you asked him. “It looks good on you. Now you look like a teenager” he said, smiling. You were mesmerized by his smile, but you got back to reality, remembering his words.

“So are you saying that I looked like an old lady earlier?!” you glared at him. “Not really but wearing jeans doesn’t look good on you because you’re short. Now come on, let’s just pay for that…” Changjo said before walking away. You gritted your teeth. Then you remembered something. “Oh Changjo! Since I’m going to go to meet your mom, should I buy her something?” you asked, making he stop in his tracks and turned around to look at you.

______________________________________

Your hands were getting cold and you were getting nervous. After choosing a perfume for Changjo’s mom, arguing about who to pay for the stuff and getting in a luxurious car, you finally arrived at Choi family’s mansion. You weren’t that impressed because the house was as big as your grandma’s house. Changjo and you were in front of the big door.  Changjo glanced at you, seeing you fidgeting, he patted your head. “Don’t worry, she’s nice” he said before opening the door. A blush spread across your face, and you adjusted your hair for the umpteenth time before going in through the door.

As you got into the house, a mid-aged woman welcomed you, and you bowed, greeted and gave her a present that you bought earlier. It was Mrs Choi, Changjo’s mom. You finally get to meet her, and the thought made you more nervous. She led you to the living room and made you sit on the couch. You didn’t notice when he left, but Changjo wasn’t there with you.

“Ahh, ___.. It’s been a while, has it?” Mrs Choi asked you with a motherly smile. “Uhh, I’m sorry.. but have we ever met before?” you asked her, confused. “Oh I’m not surprised that you don’t remember me. I used to visit you often when you were 12 ….”. You tried hard to remember .. “Ah, Mrs Choi! Now I remember! I used to call you omma before right?” you said, excitedly. “Ahh, you do remember. I’m glad. You could still call me omma if you want..” Mrs Choi gave you another motherly smile.  

_____________________________________

Time passed by quickly, and it already passed 8pm. Mrs Choi insisted that you should stay for dinner, so you did. And now, Changjo was walking you home. It wasn’t that far, and you don’t want to burden Choi family’s driver. “Burdening Choi Jonghyun is okay though.” you thought cheekily.

You were walking in silence when suddenly Changjo spoke “I didn’t know that you’re an orphan.. I’m sorry”. You flashed him a smile. Another silence, and you reached your house. It’s time to say goodbye. You looked up to Changjo, waiting if he wanted to say something. Changjo looked into your eyes before asking “I have a question to ask you. Have you… ever dated before?” You were surprised, but you still answered him “Yes I did. Like, 5 months ago we broke up.” You curled your lips.

Changjo, not wanting to ask you further, just nodded. “Oh. Okay then. Goodbye and good night, ___... Um, see ya.” he said. “Good night Changjo. Bye!” you waved him as he walked away. You hurriedly went into your house, got in your room and threw yourself on the bed and squealed into your pillow. Your heart was beating fast. You remembered Mrs Choi’s words. “He was a spoiled child, and we were afraid that we might have spoiled him too much. He was undeniably hard-headed and gets mad easily too. His sister told us to get him engaged, and I thought you were the right girl to be his wife in the future. You could hold your anger since you were a kid, unlike him. And you grew up into a fine young lady too. I’m sure he would be happy with you.” You smiled alone. Finally, someone appreciates you.

You were literally wondering, have you really fell for this guy now? Or was it just a feeling of love from friends to friends? Or love for a pity? You didn’t know. “Changjo was a nice guy after all but he doesn’t want to show it and acted bad and all” you thought. You took your phone out from your bag, and called your two bestfriends…

To be continued….

 

*************************************************

Hi guys! Does this look a bit rushed? Sorry for that u_u Ohhh yeahh have you heard? Teen Top's comeback is on 25th February!! And the teaser is going to be out on 12th February omg I am soooo excitedddd >w< 

Btw guys, if you have any ideas/scenarios for future chapters, for example, a scene where they fight because of a pet or something like that, do tell me on Tumblr, as anon or not and I would likely use your idea for future chapters! :D (this is if in case, I ran out of ideas.... orz) btw follow me if you want too, i'll follow back haha.

Anyway, THANKS A LOT FOR SUBSCRIBING AND READING! *throws hearts*