Chapter 18

Spring and Fall

 

It was a cold night, and you were on your study table, revising. The night was so peaceful and quiet and it was the right time to study, since exams are going to start tomorrow. Unfortunately, the quietness made you remember about what happened that evening. Your first kiss was stolen by the person you love, Choi Jonghyun.

The warmth of his lips stayed. Your heart beats fast when you played back the scene in your head. After he kissed you and realized that he stole your first kiss, he kept apologizing. You laughed it off awkwardly and went out of the room, and now you’re in your room, feeling bad for making him feel bad. To be honest, you don’t mind that he was the one who stole your first kiss, as you love him and he was like, the right guy for it. You blushed at your own thought and mentally slapped yourself for thinking like that.

“Changjo’s probably going to school tomorrow since he’s healing already..” you thought, scratching your head. You won’t have enough courage to face him tomorrow, you’re sure. You reached for your phone and dialled a number. Your call was answered almost instantly by a cheerful voice. “Yoboseyo~ Ricky ah, can we go to school together tomorrow?”.

____________________________________________

It was just 7am, but you were already dressed for school. It’s pretty early actually, considering that you usually wake up at this time rather than getting dressed right now. You don’t mind, as long as you don’t go to school with Changjo that day. You went out of your room and tip-toed down the stairs.

You got in the kitchen, and prepared some toast for his breakfast. You took out a note which you have written earlier and read it for the last time. “Hi Changjo, good morning. I left early because I’m feeling pretty nervous for exams. I’m always like this haha. Have your breakfast okay, see ya in school!”. Well you weren’t lying, not entirely. You put it on the table and went out of the kitchen and went out of the house.

You smiled seeing Ricky was already waiting in front of the gate, reading a book. You went out greeted him and he greeted you back. The both of you started walking towards school.

Ricky closed his book and spoke, “So, what happened yesterday?”. You curled your lips hearing his question. That was the last question you would like to answer. It would be so awkward telling a guy that you just had your first kiss. “Ah, nothing. I just wanna go to school early today because of exams” you answered with a smile. Ricky doesn’t ask any further, thank god.

School was tiring, but on exams, the tiredness was reduced, in your opinion. During recess, you didn’t get to see the girls because they went to the library to study. You wanted to join, but your hungriness beats everything. You end up eating alone in class since being seen alone in the cafeteria would be embarrassing. You looked out of the window and saw students were eating while flipping pages of books. “So diligent...” you thought.

Suddenly you heard footsteps walking toward your class. It was getting near, and suddenly the front door of the class swung open. You gasped. It was Changjo, and he was surprised too, like you. You looked down and lowered your gaze. You didn’t mean to be rude, but you were still in a healing state.

Changjo walked in the class and sat at the sit in the most front, but still on the rows of your desk. He knew why you were like this, and he had to keep his distance. He called for your name, but you just continue sipping the strawberry milk you had been drinking. “___ ah, look at me. I just wanna talk” Changjo said. He sounded sad. You lifted up your head slowly and looked his way. Him sitting far in the front was a good idea actually.

“___, are you mad at me?” Changjo asked across the class. You shook your head. “Are you sure? Um I’m really sorry about yesterday, I shouldn’t-“ “Ah, no, you weren’t at fault, at all.” you finally spoke, but then quickly lowered your head again. “I just wish your kiss had a special meaning for you like it is to me..” you mumbled slowly, making sure he doesn’t hear what you said.

You were still looking down, but you could hear that Changjo had stood up and walked towards you. He went in front of your desk and squatted, making sure that he reached your eye level. “You think I didn’t hear that?” he asked with a smirk. You gasped and you could feel a blush crept upon your face. Well actually you had wished that he heard your mumbling.

“Yahh, you think I’m just gonna kiss people like that? Why would I kiss people when I don’t mean it?” Changjo’s words made your eyes widen. You lifted up your head and looked directly in his eyes.  You were trying to say something, but no words came out. “___ ah, do you want to be my real girlfriend and fiancée?”. Your jaw dropped. Did he really said that? Seriously, was the one who said that was Choi Jonghyun? You couldn’t believe your ears. Your heart was beating so fast it could explode any minute now.

Suddenly there was the sound of a crowd of girls talking and squealing, and when they walked across your classroom and saw you with Changjo, they screamed their lungs out. Some were furious. And that that time, the bell rang and it was getting crowded. You and Changjo were shocked. Changjo stood up and went to his crowd of fangirls, trying to get out of the class.

Changjo didn’t say anything to them, but they kept asking him questions. Most of them gave you death glares, sending a chill down your spine. Changjo turned his head to look and you and shook his head before going off. You were dumbfounded. You don’t know what to do. Some of the fangirls are even your classmates.

You gave out a long sigh. This is too stressful. You were happy at first because Changjo was confessing, but it really didn’t turn out well. “Mehh, I’m really stupid” you kept cursing yourself as the people got in the classroom to take the next papers of exams. It was uncomfortable, because you could feel some of those fangirls glancing furiously at you, and you could feel that Bella noticed this, although she of course doesn’t know what happened because she got in class late. You felt so stressful that you weren’t sure you did well in your fave subject, science.

The bell rang and it was time to go home. As always, you were left behind. Bella had to leave early so she waved you goodbye earlier. You stood up and put on your sling bag and head to the door when you were stopped by three girls. You stopped your tracks and were surprised. You realized that one of them was one of the fangirls. You weren’t scared though. Damn, this isn’t going to be good....

To be continued...

************************************************

Hi guys! I'm terribly sorry for the lack of updates!! It's been almost two weeks omg mianhaeyoo >.< 
This chapter was just.. um.. i think it's so-so.. But I have ideas for future chapters already, so don't worry okay!! I'll do my best~

Btw have you seen Changjo's new hairstyle and colour? So daebakk hahaha. Looking forward for their comeback! (But where to find money to buy repackaged sobs)
Welpp anyway thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting! I love youuu *throws hearts*