Chapter 37

Spring and Fall

School has finally started yet again. All through the day, students would be groaning and sighing as it is a Monday. When the final bell rang, the students happily skipped their way out of the school, except for you. As always, there would always be a meeting. And this time it’s for a festival, involving all the clubs in the school. And as the secretary, you have to be present with Chanyong, the head of English committee.

You nudged Chanyong’s arm, driving his attention away from the committee next to him. “Yahh, when are we starting? I wanna go home..” you whined. He frowned in reply, “We have to wait for the president of the student committee, so sit there and wait patiently”. You were about to say something when Chanyong turned his head away, ignoring you. Looking at your watch, you sighed. Before long, it clicked in your head. “President..? That guy, right?” you scrunched your eyebrows.

Before long, a familiar figure got in the room with his secretary, and all of you stood up and bowed in unison, before sitting back. Of course, it was Choi Jonghyun. You leaned back a bit, somewhat hiding beside Chanyong. You couldn’t bring yourself to look at him, and you don’t want him to see you either. Unexpectedly, you were so nervous, your fingers were trembling.

The meeting started, and you listened attentively. There would be a festival to be held, involving a private-school. The festival was to show how a normal school has its own qualities, and to foster a good relationship between the students of the two schools. Now and then, Changjo would ask for opinions from random people, and you prayed that he won’t ask you. “Seriously, who does he think he is? He’s not even a teacher” you silently thought as you scribbled in your notebook, when your name was suddenly called out. “____-shi, what is the English Club going to do this time?” Changjo asked, his eyes were as if he doesn’t know you at all. As if nothing has ever happened to the two of you.

“We-we’re going to have a quiz and whoever gets the answer right would have food as prizes. And we....” you were so nervous your mind suddenly went blank. Chanyong shook his head, “And the food are made ourselves, and whoever wants to contribute are also welcomed”. Changjo nodded and continued with the meeting, and his eyes would glance at you now and then, seeing your reaction. You were looking down, your face red from embarrassment. Why the hell were you even nervous in the first place?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I can’t believe I startled like that!!” you said through the phone. Hyunnie distanced herself from the phone for a bit before bringing it close again. “If you shout again I’m gonna hang up. So, you got these butterflies in your stomach or something?”. “Sort of. Hyunnie, I was trying to get over him but what’s all this?” you said, frowning. Hyunnie lightly giggled, “It’s because you still love him, pabo. Don’t force yourself. If you like him, then just-“ “NO! Not in a million years. I’m hanging up now, see ya tomorrow” and you ended the call. Hyunnie shook her head in defeat. This girl is back to being hard-headed again....

A week and a few days passed, and the day of the festival has finally arrived. All the preparations were done, and you were relieved that you were able to drag both Hyunnie and Bella to contribute for your club. They even made some food themselves. You made one too, but only one. And on the table where they put all the food, yours were the furthest. Honestly, you don’t want anyone to have a taste of your food, since they might complain of the taste.

The empty class had been turned into a cafe, and it was decorated nicely. The main attraction of the activity was obviously the food, and thus there were a lot of people who came. The members of the English Club were working diligently, giving out the quiz papers and let them answer it. If ever someone fails the quiz, they still would get to eat some dumplings.

You looked over the cafe and the people in it, smiling from ear to ear. It was a success, and honestly, this was all your idea from the very start. Chanyong was nice enough to accept it, really. You were in charge of welcoming students at the door and jotting down their names for record, and you were also as busy. Before long, you started to feel bored, and you have the urge to look at other activities too. As you saw Chanyong finally came to the cafe, you stopped him and handed him over the record book, before skipping away, leaving him dumbfounded.

 As you walked past the classes, there was one that caught you attention. There was an animal exhibition, and you decided to join in. Inside, there were a lot of animals in cages, mostly birds and fluffy rabbits. You went to a cage full of rabbits, when you heard familiar voices behind you. You glanced back and saw Changjo, and unexpectedly, there was Joona. You looked back in front, eyes widen.

You slowly walked away to your classmate who was busy giving food to the birds, as he was tall. He looked at you and frowned, and you frowned back. “I’m just hiding here. Continue your work” you said, and your eyes made their way to Changjo and Joona, eyeing them carefully. Your classmate sighed.“I thought he was your boyfriend?” he asked, still feeding the birds. You ignored him and followed both Changjo and Joona as they were leaving the exhibition. Your guy classmate frowned more and let out a long sigh.

You felt like a stalker, walking not far behind the two, but not as close either. “Aish, look at them. Still together? What the hell. Joona must be from that private-school” you thought angrily. You cursed under your breath as you saw Joona hooking her arm on Changjo’s. It annoyed you so much, you felt like punching her. But you could see Changjo was annoyed with her, so much he was frowning the whole time. After a while, the two decided to enter another class, and you gasped. That was not just any other class. That was the cafe!

You hurriedly went inside and saw the two sitting at a table, face to face with each other. An idea came to your mind and you smirked, going to your friend who was going to give them the quizzes. “Bella-ah, give that girl the difficult one” you whispered with a cheeky smile. Bella stared at you for a moment, before nodding in agreement. You stood near the table, your hands folded. You wanna see how clever she was.

Changjo glanced at you for a bit, and the two of you locked eyes for a few seconds, before concentrating on the paper in front of him. Your heart skipped a few beats, and you decided to look away. Looking at Joona, you made a disgusted face as she pretended to be cute, scratching her head as she answered the quiz with difficulty.

“Time’s up!” Bella said, spreading out her arm to take the quizzes. Joona pouted and whined that she didn’t get to finish the quiz, and Changjo rolled his eyes in annoyance. Once the quizzes were checked, Bella talked to them in a calm voice. “Changjo-shi, you may choose whatever food you want from the table. And Joona-shi, sorry but you’ll only get dumplings”. Joona shook her head, “I don’t wanna get fat” and Bella ignored her.

Changjo stood up and went to the table, and you followed. Bella wanted to follow the two of you, but Hyunnie stopped her. “Let them have their moment” Hyunnie winked, and Bella backed away. The three of them, including Chanyong, were watching you and Changjo as he took a few minutes to choose what to eat. Everything looks delicious, of course.

And then Changjo pointed to the furthest food on the table, just as you thought he would. You glared at him, and he smirked, knowing that it was yours. “I wanna eat that” he simply said, before turning to sit back on the table. You scowled and took the food before putting it on his table with a thump. “Enjoy your meal, president” you said with an annoyed face and stormed off. You went outside the class and literally disappeared till the end of the day of the festival.

You came back just as everyone was cleaning up the cafe, and nobody dared to talk to you. You helped them clean the place, but your face was expressionless. You don’t feel like talking to anyone, either. As you were arranging the desks and chairs, you felt someone came near you from behind. Before you could do anything, someone whispered into your left ear, “I missed your cooking. So much”. And the voice was gone, along with his footsteps. Your heart skipped more beats, and his deep voice sent shivers down your spine. You looked around, and he was nowhere to be found. There were just some surprised friends, of course.

“Damn you Choi Jonghyun, damn you” you mumbled, trying to hold back tears.

To be continued...

********************************************************************

Hello. So... this is a ish chapter ahaha but I finished it nonetheless. I was at the peak of my motivation and then halfway through boom! motivation lost lol sooooo yeah. Sorry if I looked like I didn't try my best T____T

As much as I sometimes at writing, I'm so thankful to you guys!! Really, thank you so much wuwuwuw T__T You guys are the best~

Till the next chapter, and hopefully it's better than this!! Thank you everyone~ Bye~