Chapter 14

Spring and Fall

 

It was 8am and you were ready for school. It was gonna be the first day you’re going to school from a new house. You don’t know why, but you were feeling happy that morning. You were in the kitchen, putting Nutella on a piece of bread for a quick bite. Changjo hasn’t come down yet.

You went out from the kitchen and called for Changjo from the bottom of the stairs. “Changjo! We’re gonna be late for school!”. “Yah, I’m here already” you turned around and saw Changjo putting on his shoes. You quickly took your bag from the couch and head to the door. As you walked out of the door, you prayed in your heart, hoping for the best today. New day, new happenings, new surprises.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The cafeteria was noisy, as usual. You had just told Hyunnie and Bella about your new house, and you were laughing so hard at their reaction. It was so epic. Their jaw-dropped and were speechless.

“___!! What is this?!” Hyunnie was furious. “What? I told you right, we are now living under the same roof” you managed to say and calmed down from laughing. “B-but will you be fine?” Bella asked, worried. “Well, it’s not like he’s gonna attack me in my sleep or something...” you said before shoving the food in your mouth.

Hyunnie calmed down and began to sigh. “___.. this is one annoying side of you... You’re always like this.. being calm and all..”. You stopped eating and looked at her. “Then what do you want me to do? Shout and tell everyone that I’m living with the kingka of the school? No thanks”. “That’s not what I meant. I thought you were against this whole idea of arranged marriage thingy?” Hyunnie was still unsatisfied.  “Yeah, I was, at first. But now I think... it wasn’t that bad... I think I’m ... beginning to love him” you said and smiled shyly.

Hyunnie and Bella sighed at the same time. They knew this would have happened. “Well I hope good things are coming your way...” Bella said with a smile. “Thanks Bella~ Oh by the way, I hope you don’t tell Jinyoung that I moved. Yesterday we met but... urgh” you scratched your head. “Ah, I’m sorry that he kept bothering you...” Bella looked down, feeling guilty. “Eh, it’s okay. It wasn’t anyone’s fault I guess” you assured her. She smiled at you and you smiled back. “Whoops, get ready girls....” Hyunnie said.

Suddenly, the whole cafeteria was full of squealing girls again, just like it once did. The kingkas of the school had just entered the cafeteria. You didn’t want to look up. This morning during the car ride to school, Changjo did talk to you. He was starting to open up to you, you could feel it. You finished your food quickly and went out of the cafeteria. You didn’t notice it, but Changjo looked at you while you were heading out of the cafeteria with disappointing eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------

The bell finally rang, and it was time to go home. You stretched your arms and packed your stuff. It was a really tiring day. As you were walking out of the classroom, you saw Changjo standing outside the corridors, alone. “Changjo?” you called his name, making him turn his head to you. “What took you so long? The car’s waiting at the back..” he said, looking pissed. You quickly followed him as he walked, thinking that his pissed face was cute.

“Changjo ah, I have a question to ask...” you finally spoke after sitting beside him in the car in silence. “What is it?”. You gave a long pause before asking him “Uhh, sorry to ask but, what happened between you and Jinyoung?”. Changjo scratched his head. He looked like he was deciding whether to tell you or not.

“He stole my girlfriend” Changjo finally said, looking out the window. You gasped. Did Jinyoung really...? “I thought she was the best girlfriend I could ever ask. I loved her so much. But she left me for a guy like that. Heh” Changjo continued, looking down. You were looking at him, not knowing what to say. You could feel an ache in your heart. The feeling of jealousy, yes.  “But she’s just someone that I used to know. Now, you’re my fiancée right? Don’t worry” Changjo said, smiling at you. “A-ah, yes” you gave him a fake smile. Again, it was silence.

You were now looking out of the window. It hurts, thinking that he had once loved someone more than you. Wait, does he even love you? He never did say he loves you. A lot of thoughts came in your head. “This is just a one-sided love after all...” you thought. The car finally stopped and you quickly went out of the car and in the house, leaving Changjo behind. He was confused.

That night, you sat in your room, not doing anything, feeling so lifeless. The sadness you felt, you don’t know how to explain it. You regret ever asking him that question. “Changjo loved someone, and Jinyoung loved that girl too. Which I’m sure the reason why Jinyoung became like that...” you thought. Tears rolled down your cheeks. Everything seemed wrong. You quickly wiped your tears away. How you wish you could hug someone right now.

Suddenly you felt thirsty. You got up lazily and went out of the door and downstairs. You could hear the sound of television in the living room. Changjo was there, but he wasn’t watching the tv. He was scribbling something in a book. His homework, probably. You couldn’t help but feel pity for him. He looked tired. As much as you were sad because of earlier, but you’re just his ‘fiancee’. Nothing more, nothing less. You have no right to be sad, at all.

You went in the kitchen and made two cups of hot chocolate. As you got out of the kitchen, Changjo was scratching his head, looking confused. You put one of the cups on the table he was working on, and sat on a couch opposite of him. He looked at you and smiled. “Thanks” he said shortly before continuing with his work.

“Are you doing science?” you asked, looking at his book. There were chemicals and all. He nodded. “Want me to help?” you asked again. Science was your favourite subject, and it was your specialty, honestly. “Eh, you’re good at science?” he asked, sounding surprised. “Yahh! Just because I’m in the second class, doesn’t mean I’m dumb!” you pouted. Changjo laughed. “Okay, help me juseyo~” he said before drinking his hot chocolate. That night, you stayed up until 11pm, helping Changjo finishing his homework. Once he was done, the both of you walked upstairs to go to bed.

Your rooms were next to each other, so chances are, he would tease you. “Thanks a lot, ___” Changjo said, smiling. You nodded and just as you were turning the doorknob, suddenly you felt like someone kissed your right cheek. You quickly turned to Changjo, who was now standing near you and looking down at you. “Did you just... kiss my cheek?” you managed to ask, although your heart was thumping fast. Changjo tilted his head and smiled innocently.

You furrowed your eyebrows and quickly went inside your room. “Choi Jonghyun! I hate you!!!!” you shouted from inside the room, and you were blushing like mad. You could hear Changjo was laughing outside. You got on your bed and covered your face with a pillow. It was so embarrassing. Why the heck did he do it? Even though it hurts earlier, you don’t hate what he did though...

To be continued...

********************************

Hi guys! Sorry I lacked the skill to make a sweet chapter T_T anyways i dont think i have much to say here. thanks for reading, subsciribing and commenting! (extra points for the ones who comment because you always make my day! c: )