Chapter 19

Spring and Fall

 

The school was so quiet. Only the sounds of crows outside could be heard. You gulped, waiting for whatever that’s coming your way.

“Hey, why were you alone with Changjo during recess?” a curly-haired girl who was standing beside that one fangirl that you recognize finally spoke. She’s pretty short, but at least she’s skinny. You didn’t plan to answer just yet.

That one fangirl, who has a long straight brown hair raised her hand, signalling her friend to stop. “Hmm, I’ve checked your profile,” she said as she came near you and walked around you “you’re just an average girl, what advantages you have to the point that you could be alone with Changjo?”. She stopped right in front of you. “What kind of relationship do you have with him?” she asked, raising her head in a gangstah looking way.

You breathed in and gathered your courage. You can’t be scared, not now. “He just came to ask me about why I didn’t go to the cafeteria. He was just being a caring guy. Besides, he’s the head student committee right? This is like, one of his duties for other students. There’s nothing wrong with it, I guess?” you said with a normal voice. Although it was a lie, at least it was based on facts.

“Mehh, you’re probably telling lies. Don’t believe her, Luna” the short girl said, making you pissed. You wish you could just throw a table at her and make her shorter than she is. The girl which you assume Luna is her name, stare at you with uninterested eyes. She must be a mix, because she has that foreign+asian look.

“I don’t think there’s a reason for you to lie though. You are so not Changjo’s type. You look stupid too.” she said reached out her hand to touch your face, but you slapped it away. She was pretty shocked of your reflex. “Hmph, so you’re planning to fight back?” Luna said, and just like that, a dark evil aura came and you felt scared.

The other one girl who kept quiet all the time, finally spoke. “Just leave her alone. I think she’s telling the truth. There’s no use to do anything to her anymore”. Luna turned around and looked at that girl, raising her eyebrow. The short girl scowled and said, almost shouting “Hey Sherry, which side do you belong to?”. Sherry gritted her teeth, holding her anger. “I’m not siding anyone here. I just don’t wanna waste my time here. Ahh I’m going” Sherry said before turning around and walked down the hallways.

The short girl gave you a scary glare and walked away quickly, probably going after that Sherry girl. Luna turned her attention back to you. “You’re saved this time, little bish. Stay away from Changjo, if you know what’s good for you”. Her voice hissed through your ears. She smirked and turned around to walk away, following her other friend.

You dropped to your knees and sighed. That was kinda scary, because it was the first time you were being confronted by people. You took a few deep breathes and stood up, adjusting your skirt and everything else. You adjusted your bangs and walked out of the classroom and down the stairs, thinking that Changjo who was probably waiting for you at the back gate.

As you walked out of the school building, you were greeted by someone who had a sweet smile plastered on his face. You came near him and smiled back at him. It was hard to smile, but you tried. “Are we going home by car, Changjo?” you asked, and it was as if nothing happened that day. “Nae~ The car’s right at the corner” Changjo said as the both of you walked towards the Choi family’s car.

______________________________________________

It was dinner time, but you didn’t go downstairs to cook nor eat. You took a bath just as you got home that evening and finished your homework quickly. When you’re done, you climbed up to your bed and folded your legs, sitting and staring at an empty space while hugging one of your teddy bears. You recalled what had happened today. During the ride home, you didn’t talk to Changjo, again. He knew why, of course.

You thought deeply, “I’m not even Changjo’s girlfriend but I was already being hated by some girls. If I did be his girlfriend, maybe they’ll treat me worst than this. Plus that Joona girl... Urgh”. You grunted. You tried saying stuff to cheer up yourself. So what. It’s not like you’ll be Changjo’s girlfriend anytime soon...

Suddenly, there was a faint knock on the door. “Oh God, what is it now?”. You lazily stood up and opened the door, but there was nobody there. You looked down and saw a little kid, a boy, looked up at you with cute watery eyes. You squealed seeing the cute kid and squatted to his eye level, giving him your best smile. “Annyeong~ Who might this be?” you said in a cheery soft voice, trying to sound as friendly as possible.

The kid smiled at you and came near to hug you. You were surprised, but you hugged him back. He was too cute to let go. “I’m Jonghyun” he said. His voice was too cute you feel like biting him. Looks like he has the same name as the person you love.

“Ah, so you already knew each other?” a voice sounding not far from you. You looked up and saw that it was Changjo. You let go of the kid and stood up to ask Changjo. “Uhm, who’s kid is this?”. Changjo gave a long pause before saying with a smirk “Our kid”. You scowled at his unfunny teasing. “Yaa, just tell me” you said, annoyed. Changjo laughed and asked you to join him in the living room as he walked down the stairs.

You felt a tug on your shirt, and it was Jonghyun who did it, of course. You smiled and held his little hand in yours. “Let’s go, Jonghyun ah~” you said and the two of you walked down the stairs.

Whose kid might that be? Is this a new surprise?

To be continued....

***************************************

Hello there!! Sorry I haven't been updating. These days I'm really busy ;;;; Plus I have exams coming up. I'm really sorry :c I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it (somehow). Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing. Bye~

p.s: The new songs in Repackaged are so daebak mannnn *~*