Chapter 31

Spring and Fall

It’s been almost two weeks staying in Tokyo, Japan. During the stay, you’ve been going out with Changjo for sight-seeing and visit some interesting places, even out of Tokyo. Some days, you two would just rest and walk nearby. And some days, Changjo eventually go out to meet his ‘friend’. You didn’t suspect anything, though.

Going somewhere wasn’t hard as you know how to at least speak Japanese to the intermediate level. Changjo was amazed and shocked at first, knowing that his fiancée is actually multi-lingual.

It was night time, and you and Changjo were on a field filled with many people. It was the fireworks festival, and Japan was famous for its fireworks festivals in summer. Near the field was a place where there’s booths of stuff. Earlier that evening, you went to a booth to try wearing a kimono, but you decided not to wear it to watch the fireworks. Changjo was puzzled by your actions, but he doesn’t ask much.

Honestly, you weren’t really in the mood. You were having ‘that’ time of the month, and almost everything pisses you off. Changjo wasn’t aware of this, and you don’t feel like telling him, not now. You waited and waited, but there were no fireworks. Everyone was so noisy, it annoyed you more. You started to frown and clicked your tongue now and then as you fan yourself with your hand. The heat is killing you.

“____? Are you okay?” Changjo asked as he put an arm around you and pulled you close. You pushed his arm away and huffed. “It’s too hot and everyone’s so noisy. When’s the fireworks going out?” you asked, still fanning yourself. Changjo took out his phone and checked the time. “Just a few more minutes. Do you want to go now?” he asked as he put his phone in his pocket. You shook your head and sighed.

After a few minutes which felt like an hour, the fireworks finally started to be set up. One by one, it explodes in the air, painting the night sky with its colourful sparks. You watched in awe, the sparks reflecting in your eyes. A smile made its way on your face. You could feel a glint of happiness in your heart, and you didn’t care about anything else at that time. Little did you know, Changjo was looking at you the whole time, with a mix of guilt and happiness in his heart.

After watching the fireworks, the both of you decide to just walk to the hotel, since it wasn’t that far. You didn’t feel like talking, but you reached out your hand to hold his hand instead. He looked at you for awhile, before taking your hand and walk side by side with you. “Is there something wrong?” Changjo asked, making you look up at him.

“Nothing... Changjo, can I ask you a question?” you said nervously. Changjo just nodded. You took a deep breath and asked, “If we were to have a fight and have to break up one day.... What would happen then? Will we be awkward in school?”. You didn’t know why, the question just came to your mind. Changjo was taken aback with your question. “What? Why are you saying this? That’s ridiculous” he said, frowning.

You let go of his hand and shrugged. “Sorry, maybe I shouldn’t ask that. That was random” you said as you laughed awkwardly and walked ahead of him to the hotel. Changjo gulped as he rubbed his neck in discomfort.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You woke up and sat up as your stomach growl, probably hungry. It was dark, and you were still sleepy. You reached under your pillow and checked the time on your phone; 1 a.m. What the hell, being hungry now? You groaned as you got out of the bed. You slowly walked to switch on the lights, and were shocked to see that there was no Changjo.

You went to the washroom and washed your face, knowing that he wasn’t there either. You took your phone and dialled his number, but there’s no answer. Looks like his phone was off. You calmed down and thought that maybe he went to his friend’s place. You put on some comfortable clothes and went out of the hotel room. You wanted to go to a 24hours convenience store, buying some bread or something because you were so hungry.

Although it was already 1 in the morning, the city hasn’t sleep. It wasn’t as busy as it is in the day, but still, the city was indeed lively. After going in and out of the convenience store and buying a packed meat bun, you walked slowly back to the hotel. A thought suddenly came in your mind and you smiled. You're looking forward to go to Tokyo Disneyland today, which you promised with Changjo earlier before the fireworks.

You went up the elevator of the hotel, but it stopped at an odd numbered floor. You tried pushing the button that should close the elevator door, but it won’t work. You got out of it, thinking that it stopped working. You decided to use the stairs instead, which was located at the other end of the hallway.

The thought of going up the stairs annoyed you. “What a pain” you groaned. As you walked through the hallway, you saw a couple going into a room on a corner, and the girl was probably drunk, although you could only see their backside. You shook your head as you saw the guy fumbling with the keys to open the door. You stopped in your tracks and looked at his back. It looks... kind of familiar?

“J-Jonghyun... oppa.. you should have watched fireworks with.. me...” you heard the girl said drunkly as the two went in their room. You frowned a bit, thinking. You didn’t want to suspect anything. You just don’t want to. You quickly continue to walk and went up the stairs to your room. As expected, Changjo still wasn’t there. You sat on the edge of the bed and stared into a blank space for a while. Was that.. Changjo? You curled your lips, trying to avoid thinking negatively.

You switched off the lights and got in bed, attempting to sleep. Your heart was beginning to ache, and your mind was starting to think of unfavourable things. And suddenly, you heard the door clicked open. Your eyes widen in surprise.

To be continued...

***********************************************************

Heyya guys~ School is starting, but either way I'll try to update like normal. As I said, this'll end soon so uhm yea hahaha. 

And omfg Teen Top's comeback is soon! /skips around/ Looking forward to it~

That's all I suppose. Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting!! Till the next chapter, bye~